IN MEMORY OF MIKHAIL TIMOFEYEVICH KALASHNIKOV

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JANUARY 13, 2014

IN MEMORY OF MIKHAIL TIMOFEYEVICH KALASHNIKOV

LAS VEGAS, NV – By the request of and in cooperation with Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov’s daughter, Ms. Elena Mikhailovna Kalashnikova and Kalashnikov Foundation, Arsenal, Inc. will be honoring M. T. Kalashnikov’s memory at our booth (# 11218) at the SHOT Show 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. As we all learned with great sadness, Mr. Kalashnikov passed away on December 23, 2013, at the age of 94. There is no doubt that he was one of the most influential and pivotal firearm designers of our time. An NRA Life Member and strong supporter of individual rights to own and bear arms, Mr. Kalashnikov’s contributions to the firearms world and to our industry are enormous.

Please visit Booth 11218 to join us in remembering Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov as an individual of exceptional character and ingenious designer and engineer. A memorial guest book will be available for your condolences and thoughts to the Kalashnikov family. This book will be sent to Ms. Kalashnikova and the Kalashnikov Foundation as a token of respect and appreciation from the United States, to become part of the memorial collection for Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov.

We would like to earnestly ask you to please spread the word and let everyone who will be attending the SHOT Show and would like to pay their respect and leave their thoughts in the book to visit Booth 11218 at the SHOT Show 2014.

Thank you for your consideration and support.

Arsenal, Inc.
Las Vegas, Nevada

• Like 2

Respects? Sorry, I don't get it. Yeah, he made an incredible weapon. But how many American soldiers, from Vietnam onward, have been killed or maimed by it? How many people around the world, civilians and military, have been killed by it? Every thug in the third world uses it to terrorize and kill innocents. Sorry, but I would spit on his grave for my friends killed in Viet Nam by his guns.

Gabriel

Liberal troll? Hoping he's clever enough to disguise his dislike of firearms with a façade of dislike for a specific platform in the disguise of patriotism hoping others will jump on the bandwagon and then he can use this analogy to elude to his greater point.. or just ignorant. Kind of the same thing.

• Like 1

Actually, I have a good enough time with my couple of shotguns and several pistols, was a Navy diver, (briefly) and was in the Army reserves for 8 years, so chew that. I just really don't get why you mourn someone who has done the free world such hurt. How about if you just stick to the subject and answer the question without the personal attacks? I think the AK platform is awesome, which is why I have the Saiga and spent the money to upgrade it a bit.

Also, I like the Volkswagen, but hate Hitler, who commissioned it...

Subject is simple: guy designs gun. Gun is favorited by millions. Some people do bad things with that gun. You say disrespect the inventor because of how others used it. That is liberal logic. Not much to question.

"Army reserves for 8 years" ( patriotism bandwagon): My allegations confirmed.

Not an attack, hardly personal I don't know anything about you. This is simply my perception of you derived from your statement. If it offended you, maybe you should reconsider your thought process.

As for me my knowledge of Mikhail, being limited to what I've read he seemed like a moral man with an inventive spirit. He at the time of his invention was an enlist in an Army that was out enemy, however those times have passed. And again I can't blame an inventor nor a machine for how it is used.

Hitler was a genocidal egotistical maniac. He personally ordered the torture and death of millions. Mikhail invented a rifle because he thought it would help keep his nation safe. Apple's and oranges, dude.

• Like 3

Respects? Sorry, I don't get it. Yeah, he made an incredible weapon. But how many American soldiers, from Vietnam onward, have been killed or maimed by it? How many people around the world, civilians and military, have been killed by it? Every thug in the third world uses it to terrorize and kill innocents. Sorry, but I would spit on his grave for my friends killed in Viet Nam by his guns.

Gabriel

Actually, I have a good enough time with my couple of shotguns and several pistols, was a Navy diver, (briefly) and was in the Army reserves for 8 years, so chew that. I just really don't get why you mourn someone who has done the free world such hurt. How about if you just stick to the subject and answer the question without the personal attacks? I think the AK platform is awesome, which is why I have the Saiga and spent the money to upgrade it a bit.

Also, I like the Volkswagen, but hate Hitler, who commissioned it...

The two posts by you make ZERO SENSE!! In one you say and I quote, " I would spit on his grave for my friends killed in Viet Nam by his guns" and then in the next you say, " I think the AK platform is awesome."  So which is it?  You hate the inventor and love the weapon OR you hate the weapon because of how it is used and there for hate the inventor HOWEVER you spend money on the platform to upgrade it and think its awesome???

I am truly lost here.

Wow... just fucking wow. Saw the title to the thread and came to pay my respects as I have many other times / places. ..

WTF is wrong with some people?  eyes_droped.gif

Gabriel

Dude you are a fucking idiot ....

EDit to add.... and a loudmouthed crybaby also.  Just sayin. So glad you finally got your fucking parts back so I don't have to see it any more.

That is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Subject is simple: guy designs gun. Gun is favorited by millions. Some people do bad things with that gun. You say disrespect the inventor because of how others used it.

As for me my knowledge of Mikhail, being limited to what I've read he seemed like a moral man with an inventive spirit. He at the time of his invention was an enlist in an Army that was out enemy, however those times have passed. And again I can't blame an inventor nor a machine for how it is used.

Hitler was a genocidal egotistical maniac. He personally ordered the torture and death of millions. Mikhail invented a rifle because he thought it would help keep his nation safe. Apple's and oranges, dude.

Alright, got it. Points well taken.

Sky pilot, welcome aboard. We are all guilty of jumping to conclusions. Ever man whom works for something greater than himself deserves respect. It all takes sacrifice. And sacrifice is something Americans don't appreciate enough or even comprehend anymore. Best of luck to you and your endeavors.