Biolite Camp Stove with USB charger.

It's interesting but doesn't look like something that will do either job particularly well. I don't want to keep feeding in little twigs until I'm through cooking, and how long do you have to keep that fire going to charge a cell phone? Personally I like the little fuel canisters and I don't use a cell phone much when I'm camping.

Let all the suckers buy them at that price. Competitors will start making similar devices at more affordable prices.

I like the concept and I like the idea of burning wood instead of stored fuel.

Little forced-air units like this are, reportedly, really efficient. A handful of hardwood sticks could cook a meal.

It seems to work better than I expected and this is going to be useful to some people. But to me it still can't match the ultra convenience of a fuel canister stove. I like to have a stove that is going to work with minimal fuss on a cold morning just inside the door of my tent with no smoke and a very controllable flame.. The USB port just seems strange, but could be useful in an emergency I guess. I wouldn't mind having a lower cost version as more of a survival tool than a camping stove.

• 2 months later...

Good product, charges a Garmin GPS which is why I have my eye on it. There are similar products out that are smaller and lighter, but they don't have the blower or a way to contain the fire (important if you want to leave zero footprint). After a minute or two of the blower being on the fire burns very clean (no smoke). Overall heavy but worth it if that's what you need, the fan helps keep the peltier junction running cooler on one side then other product and really helps warm up smaller spaces. The other thing I noticed is how well a Kleen Kanteen fits over the top of it, making it perfect for boiling water!

If you would rather use a canned fuel but still want this option, check out these folks!

http://www.thepowerpot.com