Just ordered mine!

I do have a saiga 12 that'll eat anything I feed it, now I just ordered a VEPR 12 through centerfire system.. tried the classicfirearms website but my card kept getting declined, called my bank and they said it wasn't showing anything.. called classicfirearms and the customer service seemed to have a rude tone with me, but I still couldn't get through.. ordered 2 guns from ClassicFA before but never had this trouble, which bothered me.. guess I wont be getting that extra 5rd mag.

ANYWAYS. I hope it gets here soon, better not have the canted sights / rail either.
Not a fan of the stock, my S12 had the Pheonix Kicklite, which works amazing.. kinda wish I could use it on this gun!

Congratulations on the purchase of the VEPR!

After I bought my fixed stock model a few years ago, I put the S12 away, and never looked back. My have no real complaints with the feel of stock, but would like to make the notch deeper in the cheek piece so it locks in to place in the right hand shooting position, so it requires the plunger to be depressed to rotate it.

If you find the stock just flat out does not work for you, and a M4 style would suit you better, you can always get one of these http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p/vepr-ar-adapter.htm and change it out.

The shape and angle of the stock on the VEPR folder is quite comfortable. I have both the fixed stock and the folding models, and use the folder to hunt deer with as the cheek piece works better with the Aimpoint T-1 I have mounted on it.

I heard it really kicked like a mule though. I want other people to be able to shoot comfortable. I'm sure it's nowhere as bad as it was with the Saiga 12 hard plastic stock. Shot about 30-40 2 3/4 - 3'' 00buck/slugs out of it and I was done.
Think I may keep my S12.. Saw Cobra Custom's lightning bolt job, which helps with loading the mags in, that was one of my biggest problems, under competition/high stress situations. May have to send both bolts there.

The VEPR has less kick than the S12 in my opinion. A lot of people that are shooting 3 gun matches are using the US made copy of the Molot GK-01 muzzle brake. They have a good reputation for recoil reduction. 

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-vepr12-brake.htm

If you are considering keeping your S12, you can't go wrong with having Cobra Custom work their magic on the bolt. They not only do a great job, but they have a very quick turn around time, and are just great people to deal with!

Another plus right now the S12 has going for it are the introduction of the STEEL 8 round magazines! CSSPECS intorduced them last week, and the initial offering has already sold out! They have more that will be available very soon - so that might be something to think about...  Here is a link to the CSSPECS site - http://stores.csspecs.com/saiga-12-gauge/

Edited by 7.62m43

Shot it.. And it's alot easier than a stock saiga.. Will be bringing my jacket everytime I shoot this thing.
Had 1 FTE.. Not sure what caused it, it's all stock. Maybe breaking in?
Will be having a Burris Fastfire III mounted as optics though, I wanna keep this thing light, as for the cheek piece.. I hate that thing, first it got me on the side of the face, and so I tried using it, I don't find it comfortable at all.
Wish I could just get an AK47 trunnion and install it on the vepr. I do love this gun though.. have a slight headache from the magnum loads I was shooting at the range lol.

• 1 month later...