25 round Drum for VEPR 12 by SGM Tactical - Coming Soon

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mo

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

Posted Images

I wonder what issue is slowing this down

It has to be in development for well over a year

I certainly don't know, but I sure hope they can figure it out and get them to market. I'd be satisfied if it was by Christmas, so I can have one under the tree.

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mold in the machine. Then there is the programming of the timing for water, air and releases to make sure things don't warp. It has been a long project and right now we are in the tweaking phase to get them to work with the variances in the individual guns. We stopped giving a release date a while back we just hope they are done soon. Believe me we are just as disappointed as everyone else on the set back and delays however we are confident it will be released and work like a dream. At this point we are way beyond our original deadline that we are not going to rush it, so keep your orders in place or order one because unlike the magazines these will take a little longer to manufacture once they are good to go.

To answer someone else on here about the clear on the drum, it is a different material than what was used for the mags, the mags used a polycarbonate which is extremely expensive. Same material eye glass lenses are made of, the cover of the drum is not. I have attached a picture of what the drum will look like.

post-43198-0-52350600-1412281671_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mold in the machine. Then there is the programming of the timing for water, air and releases to make sure things don't warp. It has been a long project and right now we are in the tweaking phase to get them to work with the variances in the individual guns. We stopped giving a release date a while back we just hope they are done soon. Believe me we are just as disappointed as everyone else on the set back and delays however we are confident it will be released and work like a dream. At this point we are way beyond our original deadline that we are not going to rush it, so keep your orders in place or order one because unlike the magazines these will take a little longer to manufacture once they are good to go.

To answer someone else on here about the clear on the drum, it is a different material than what was used for the mags, the mags used a polycarbonate which is extremely expensive. Same material eye glass lenses are made of, the cover of the drum is not. I have attached a picture of what the drum will look like.

attachicon.gifveprdrum.jpg

Wow, that IS big. :) Thanks for the update here in the forum. I love it when the manufacturer is able to make comments like this to respond to questions on their products. I can imagine the challenges of getting a drum that big to work.

We also want it done right, so I think we understand. We are still anxiously (and impatiently) waiting. :) (And I'm afraid that cool picture is going to make me more impatient. :) )

Edited by MR_22

attachicon.gifveprdrum.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to produce  this product as well as others for the industry

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to picking up 1 or 2 of the drums when they become available.  I just placed an order with CSS for a SGM 12 round and a 10 round, and I signed up to be notified when they have the drums in stock.

I am glad they are taking their time and not rushing an unfinished product out the door.  I don't mind waiting at all for a quality product.

I want just ONE and will get it as soon as I possibly can. I'm also on the notify list, but I'm betting the first ones will go so fast that I'll miss my chance. Even so, I'm ready to get one as soon as they are available!I definitely want my $100 to be well spent, too. If it doesn't work correctly, it's a waste of my money, so yeah, I'm waiting for a quality product as well.

How in the world did I not discover this until today?!!  Come to think of it, maybe that's a good thing, because it spares me having already been anxiously waiting for months.

Yeah, it's probably a good thing. You don't want one of these--that is, you don't want one until I get mine, then you probably will. LOL.(Just what we need, more competition to get one of these drums, LOL!)

BTW, Centerfire Systems has updated their availability date to late December. I was afraid of that. Before Christmas would be awesome, if possible. Hey SGM, how about an Early Bird deal for us forum members? :)

Edited by MR_22
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I called them yesterday and they have no ETA on a release date..They arent giving out any information concerning when it will be done...They probably made the drum too big and discovered too  many mistakes after its first few prototypes....maybe they should have introduced it at this upcomming shot show instead of last years..they probably would have finished there scheduled release date as promised..

Yeah, a 20-rounder actually makes more sense to me anyway, as its a good balance of capacity and weight. I'm still a little shocked that MD Arms never released a Vepr 12 version of their 20 round drum. I would think that a simple neck modification would have been all that was necessary. Their drum mags are excellent quality.

I called them yesterday and they have no ETA on a release date..They arent giving out any information concerning when it will be done...They probably made the drum too big and discovered too  many mistakes after its first few prototypes....maybe they should have introduced it at this upcomming shot show instead of last years..they probably would have finished there scheduled release date as promised..

Well, I will be at this year's SHOT Show in 2 weeks, so I will definitely try to look them up!

I have been watching these for a while - since I got my Vepr 12.  Can't wait to pick one up.  Maybe there will be a prototype at the SHOT show?  Facebook page they said "maybe" with a smile face when someone asked about the drums.  Not sure what that meant - but it would be bad to say maybe if you got bumpkis to show.  I am taking that message as a positive sign.

post-49935-0-18249000-1420626271_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

New to VEPR 12's so forgive me, but in the 10 hours or so of online research I have done tyring to learn as much as I can everyone complains about the SGM mags. Everything I have read says the first gen was G2G and since then they are very un reliable. Is this the case?  Just wondering why people are excited for a drum if the standard mags dont work

Best bet are Molot OEM 5, 8, and 10 round magazines - but they are expensive.  Some people have good luck with SGM, and others do not.  I heard of some issues they had with the mold machine, and I think the follower was not working as designed, and I think they swapped them out for the owners with issues.  I haven't  had a chance to try my batches yet.

New to VEPR 12's so forgive me, but in the 10 hours or so of online research I have done tyring to learn as much as I can everyone complains about the SGM mags. Everything I have read says the first gen was G2G and since then they are very un reliable. Is this the case?  Just wondering why people are excited for a drum if the standard mags dont work

Because there is no drum yet (besides an insanely priced maxrounds).  I personally won't be getting one of these drums, though.  Something about it being that big and all plastic, seems like one drop and it's over.  Unless they include some metal reinforcements, I'll bide my time for something else.  Probably be waiting awhile.

So, I can now say with confidence that the SGM VEPR-12 25-round drum is NOT vaporware! smile.png Today I saw one with my own eyes in the SGM booth at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. The guy in the booth said they were really hoping to have a finished product to show at the show, but they are still working the main spring. He said they were hoping it would be finalized by the time they returned from the show.

So, assuming they can get this right in the next week or so, we COULD see them actually shipping soon. Knock on wood. Or polymer, whichever.

But check out how BIG this thing is! Wow, I was shocked when I saw it sitting on the table when I walked up. I asked the booth demonstrator to hold it up in his hands so you could see how BIG it is. OK, so I want one of these just to see how big it would look like mounted on my shotgun. Seriously. This thing is cool. smile.png

So, I'm still expecting to get one as soon as I can. I'll post pictures of my own with a review, once I get it.

post-49166-0-74472900-1421981814_thumb.jpg

post-49166-0-13255200-1421981822_thumb.jpg

Edited by MR_22