25 round Drum for VEPR 12 by SGM Tactical - Coming Soon

SGM Tactical unveiled the 25 round Drum for the VEPR 12 at the Shot Show in Las Vegas, NV this week. 

What are your thoughts? 

1524751_10152151864511941_1317552210_n.j

• Like 3
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mo

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

Posted Images

Questions...

(1)  Will this work in S-12's with the factory installed magwell?

(2)  Will this actuate the LRBHO?

(3)  Price?

Edited:  Is that silence I hear?  SGM just robbed Grima of his thunder...  Way to go boys! 

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Edited:  Is that silence I hear?  SGM just robbed Grima of his thunder

truth is Grima wasn't looking for any thunder,  he wasn't looking at manufacturing or selling it, so SGM didn't  "rob" anything from him. he just pointed out that it isn't all that hard to make a drum for the magwell shotguns. anybody with some patients and determination to make one  can

• Like 2

Edited:  Is that silence I hear?  SGM just robbed Grima of his thunder

truth is Grima wasn't looking for any thunder,  he wasn't looking at manufacturing or selling it, so SGM didn't  "rob" anything from him. he just pointed out that it isn't all that hard to make a drum for the magwell shotguns. anybody with some patients and determination to make one  can

Yes, he pointed out that it isn't all that hard to make a drum.  He also purposely failed to mention any details about how he did it.  Strange how the ego works sometimes.  Regardless, I really don't care.  It was an off the cuff remark meant to be humorous.  Laugh a little my friend... 

• Like 1

Wish they wouldn't have used the outer clips.

Does it activate the LRBHO?

Price?

3" shells?

Stoked to see a magwell drum!!!

I agree about the clips.  Very interested to see what they sell for.  Will probably end up buying one anyway :)

Outer clips?

The back plate is held on with clips, much like a Promag drum. I would prefer screws instead.

Also, what is the diameter of the SGM drum compared to a MD Arms drum?

Edited by sunnybean
  • Like 2

Yes, he pointed out that it isn't all that hard to make a drum.  He also purposely failed to mention any details about how he did it.  Strange how the ego works sometimes. 

that isn't "ego", speaking from experience I showed on another website how to go about making a drum for the PPS 43, using a PPSh41 drum, I spelled it out exactly how I went about doing it, I got flooded by people who asked question, that I had already mentioned in the instructions, so I got tired of it. I suspect that is what he didn't want happen to him.  

• Like 1

It's about 1" wider roughly. Retail is $99.95. I believe the Saiga magwell version will be next.

Sweet. Thanks Greg.

Any idea what they would change to make a Saiga magwell? The Saiga magwell mags work in a Vepr12 and visa versa.

I don't see what the problem is with the clips. I would MUCH rather have that design than the other one with those obnoxious knobs all around the edge to hang up on pouches and make them larger O.D. They are unnecessary at best IMO. It isn't even the outer screws or clips that secure the back plate as much as it is the screw or clip in the center. Hell at least the Promag and the SGM use a screw instead of that PITA metal clip. 

2c.gif

• Like 1

I don't see what the problem is with the clips. I would MUCH rather have that design than the other one with those obnoxious knobs all around the edge to hang up on pouches and make them larger O.D. They are unnecessary at best IMO. It isn't even the outer screws or clips that secure the back plate as much as it is the screw or clip in the center. Hell at least the Promag and the SGM use a screw instead of that PITA metal clip. 

:2c:

Still haven't let it go, eh? ;-) j/k. Good points.

• Like 1

How good does it run? That's the first question. It can't just be "pretty good". It has to be "MD-20" good. Otherwise.......Meh.  That's going to be one heavy ass ball sack hanging down low out of the magwell so I want to see some really good reviews first and then.........sure, I'll get one.

Good news.  Except for that whole "this is months away" thing.  SHOT show is the devil sometimes. My impatient ass wants a new product within weeks, not months.  

That said, when they finally get it going, I'll be plunking down the cash.

Not saying I had anything to do with it. But it worked.. 

When a company see something NEW that works. A gap in the market, a money spinner. They jump at it.

Advertise it when they haven't even tested it?

I hope your all happy now & there will be lots + lots for everyone.

For me, no more snide bitchy remarks from spoon fed fuckers (HighPlainsDribbler) 

Steve.............

• Like 1

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things, but they are heavy, and force you to place your arm in an unnatural position.

• Like 4
For me, no more snide bitchy remarks from spoon fed fuckers (HighPlainsDribbler) 

Steve.............

See Matt, now that's funny!

Edited:  From the picture posted above, that's one huge drum.  I'll buy it and try it out, but developing one for a smaller round count might be in order.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

There are not in testing phase yet so it would be several months at best.

Kevin from SGM will give out more info when they are ready.

Sniff,,,, sniff,,,, sniff. Is it just me or does this have a slight odor of double stack S 12 mags?

Just sayin.