25 round Drum for VEPR 12 by SGM Tactical - Coming Soon

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mo

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

Posted Images

Here is another shot of the drum in the Vepr 12,,, yes the drums are big and may not be for every customer but they will make bunch of existing Vepr 12 owners very happy and they are priced reasonably. Hopefully we will continue to see other Vepr 12 products developed for the market in the upcoming future .........

vepr12drum42.jpg

That is really unfortunate if they did not make it to work the LRBHO. Takes away one of the advantages of these great shotguns.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Be happy a drum is coming out. Maybe many more in the future too.

Take it one stride at a time.

LRBHO is over rated anyhow.

When it clicks! its done!

That is really unfortunate if they did not make it to work the LRBHO. Takes away one of the advantages of these great shotguns.

Agreed. But with only four reloads per 100 rounds as opposed to at least twice as many with the highest capacity mags you can buy right now I'm thinking its worth it.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Be happy a drum is coming out. Maybe many more in the future too.

Take it one stride at a time.

LRBHO is over rated anyhow.

When it clicks! its done!

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

• Like 4

Ya beef its very nice to have and tons of people love it. Nut on the same hand its not a deal killer for tons of people a well. While its nice I can live without it on a few mags.

In other words I'm just happy a drum is finally out!!!

Its awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

I'd probably have to change out my stock to get one in VA until their confusing law pertaining to folding stocks and drums is clarified.  About the large size of this, this drum looks like it could hold the same if not more in a significantly smaller size, I'd definitely change stocks for something like this:

spiralmag.jpg

Edited by hdskumm

I know they are legal, but it's unclear if they can be legally used on a gun with a folding stock.  It is not clearly defined, and therefore open to the interpretation, of how "of like kind" a semi-auto shotgun is to the streetsweeper.  Chances are it is fine, but I'm not trying to be bankrupted by lawyer fees in the off chance a cop thinks it isn't.  Unless someone can post an official letter or court case clarifying the law.

Edited by hdskumm

The way all drums are designed there is no way to make the lrbho function. with dummy rounds as the follower it is basically impossible. these drums unlike other drums on the market have less than 7 total parts and is lighter than the competition with no fitting required to specific guns. coupled with a 5 year consumer direct warranty I believe if people do not want to buy it because of the size or not activating the lrbho they will be missing out on a true advancement in shotgun drums.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see the 25 round drum for the Saiga 12. 

The way all drums are designed there is no way to make the lrbho function. with dummy rounds as the follower it is basically impossible. these drums unlike other drums on the market have less than 7 total parts and is lighter than the competition with no fitting required to specific guns. coupled with a 5 year consumer direct warranty I believe if people do not want to buy it because of the size or not activating the lrbho they will be missing out on a true advancement in shotgun drums.

dont they already have drums for the saiga 12 ?

lol this is for the Vepr12

yes but the drums we have now are 20 rounders. can you count to 20? good. the vepr drums hold 25. thats 5 more then the saiga drums. still with me? ok here's where it gets complicated. supposedly once they are done making a 25 round drum for the vepr, they are going to make a 25 (yes 25 not 20) round drum for the saiga 12.

so instead of a 20 round drum, you would have a 25 round drum. did that clear it up for you?

Edited by Vintovka Dragunova

yes but the drums we have now are 20 rounders. can you count to 20? good. the vepr drums hold 25. thats 5 more then the saiga drums. still with me? ok here's where it gets complicated. supposedly once they are done making a 25 round drum for the vepr, they are going to make a 25 (yes 25 not 20) round drum for the saiga 12.

so instead of a 20 round drum, you would have a 25 round drum. did that clear it up for you?

It should be clarified that currently there are no drums for the S-12 equipped with the magwell.  SGM is saying soon that will change.  Personally I couldn't give two shits about the 5 extra shells it holds.  Can we all count to two?   

It should be clarified that currently there are no drums for the S-12 equipped with the magwell.  SGM is saying soon that will change.  Personally I couldn't give two shits about the 5 extra shells it holds.  Can we all count to two?   

if your talking about the factory s12's magwell. than its the same type of magwell as the vepr. or they could be making one for their version of the magwell. or they could simply be making a rock and lock 25 round drum.

if your talking about the factory s12's magwell. than its the same type of magwell as the vepr. or they could be making one for their version of the magwell. or they could simply be making a rock and lock 25 round drum.

Reread thread starting with post 13.  The only version that has been mentioned SGM producing is for the magwell equipped S-12.  Which makes sense because SGM makes/markets different mags for the 030/040 and the Veprs. 

It's about 1" wider roughly. Retail is $99.95. I believe the Saiga magwell version will be next.

he sais he "believes" as in might be. again it would be redundant, as the saigas with a factory magwell use the same mags as the vepr 12. see link

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/russian-8-round-12-gauge-shotgun-magazine2012-10-15-03-02-33-detail.html?Itemid=0

so i would assume they would either do rock and lock or one for their own magwell.

back to original topic are the vepr drums even available yet? i see css has them listed but out of stock.

They are not available yet. We have the listing up so customers can get on the notify list when they come.

• Like 1