25 round Drum for VEPR 12 by SGM Tactical - Coming Soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mo

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

Posted Images

25 is vey high capacity for a 12g drum when you consider the size and weight. I don't knock them for doing a 25 rounder, but think a 20 rounder would have made more sense. I'm seeing this 25 rounder as better suited to shooting prone or on a bench rest. Hopefully they are as reliable as the MD Arms 20 round drums.

Edited by Tactical_T
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

buddy says they shippin "first weeks in may" acoording to centerfiresystems

I'm seeing this 25 rounder as better suited to shooting prone or on a bench rest. 

whaaaaaaaaaaat?

im thinkin its gonna be for standing up with at the range and impreesing your buddies by empying a box of shells in like 2 seconds!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The end of June has come and gone and everywhere I see the VEPR 25-round drum listed still says it is not in stock. Bummer. I want one of these for my Legion Saiga-12 with magwell (I've used other VEPR-12 mags in my Saiga-12, with a slight modification, and I'm sure the "mod" would work on this drum as well).

Who will be first to get one? ;)

Backorders accepted. ETA from manufacturer is mid- to late-July 2014.

Is what centerfire systems has listed now

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy the new date. They said late May for a month or two until late May arrived. Now it's late July. If they always say the arrival date is a month or two away, they're never wrong.

I was really hopeful to get one about now, but now I'm not too hopeful for late July. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Centerfire Systems, the SGM Vepr 12 drums have been kicked back again with an ETA of late September/early October. There must be some serious issues going on with the R&D. Perhaps SGM should buy the $800 drum and do some reverse engineering like the Chinese do on fighter jets.

According to Centerfire Systems, the SGM Vepr 12 drums have been kicked back again with an ETA of late September/early October. There must be some serious issues going on with the R&D. Perhaps SGM should buy the $800 drum and do some reverse engineering like the Chinese do on fighter jets.

Wow, really. I'm not surprised. I've been watching all of the places that have it listed (that I can find, anyway), CFS being one of them. I've watched their date go from June, to July, to August, and now to October. I wouldn't count on that date, either. If we get it by Christmas, we'll probably be lucky.

Too bad, too, because I really want one. :( I mean, really!

• 3 weeks later...

Neat drum

For me, no more snide bitchy remarks from spoon fed fuckers (HighPlainsDribbler) 

Steve.............

See Matt, now that's funny!

Edited:  From the picture posted above, that's one huge drum.  I'll buy it and try it out, but developing one for a smaller round count might be in order.

Notice grima never showed a video of his drum....just BS

Your so slow, ask around.

Had 5 or 6 vids on Utube . My account got hijacked so I wiped it.

If you ask nicely I will put some back up Jimbo.

I converted a maxrounds drum & a MD20 both still running fine.

The icing on the cake is my LRBHO works on both drums & any mag.

Your so slow, ask around.

Had 5 or 6 vids on Utube . My account got hijacked so I wiped it.

If you ask nicely I will put some back up Jimbo.

I converted a maxrounds drum & a MD20 both still running fine.

The icing on the cake is my LRBHO works on both drums & any mag.

I may stand corrected

didnt you claim to have made one for the br99?

Just looked at the 800 dollar drum....crazy

I have one of those drums, not 800 worth there and its not that advanced in design 

No, I want a MD drum so I can convert it for a BR99 (The US will not export any mag over 10rd's so I'm fucked ) 

I told you in a different thread how the Maxrounds Drums differ from the MD Drums.  

MD all the way

md uses a coil torsion spring

MR uses a flat torsion spring

md uses dummy rounds to stack feed stack

MR uses a lever and single dummy.....better design

Mr controls end play with a rim slot.

MD with the back plate

MR all billet

MD all plastic

I also think the MR may be a knock off of an earlier US design 

I remember you complaining about the feed stack being two piece.

• 3 weeks later...

The wait on this SGM drum is KILLING ME. I want one, now. I want to put a full box of shells into my shotgun and blast them all at once. C'mon, what's taking so long?

Centerfire still has them listed as becoming available at the end of September or beginning of October, but I expect them to change it to November within a couple of weeks. They've been doing that since May, after all.