25 round Drum for VEPR 12 by SGM Tactical - Coming Soon

that thing is freaking huge.......ill buy one if I ever want to dress up like rambo and take pics in my mirror!

Haha, that's what I was thinking! I'm going to get one, though. I can't NOT get one.

They are working on reliability. That's been the cause of the delay. The issue, apparently, has been getting a reliable main spring working. So, actually, kudos to SGM for NOT releasing it when it was not reliable. I don't think these are going out the door unless they have confidence in it and I appreciate that.

The SGM guy holding the drum in the picture also said that they have pre-purchased VEPR-12's IN STOCK ready for purchase, if you want one. He even let me handle one they had there. Price was about $1000, unless you were a dealer and could purchase 6 a a time and get the discount. (Pre-purchased, meaning they paid for them before the sanctions, so they are not affected by the back-door Obama ban.)

Edited by MR_22
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although I will probably get one if they work - just for the wow factor, I rarely use the MD Arms drum I have for my S12. They are fun to impress your friends and generally blow the hell out of things

We have had some machine issues that has held the drum up. I assume most people don't really know how big this mold is and how huge the machine is to run it, it takes almost an hour just to put the mo

Overrated? It is one of the few pro's holding over the s12 IMO

Posted Images

From Atlantic.........this thing is a monster......I wonder how heavy this thing is fully loaded.......I love big and bad, but this thing is just big....even for home defense......I might get one, in case I ever need to defend myself from a herd of zombie elephants!

vepr12drum42.jpg

Edited by Sublimeon24s
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I had correspondence from SGM today about my Gen 1 mags (both 10 & 12 round)and their non-function. Have faith, maybe a drum is forth coming. Good to hear they are not just releasing something that does not work!!...Waiting, waiting....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Atlantic posted an update 2 days ago on AKfiles "The development seems to be stalled at this time and do not have high hopes for them making it to market anytime soon. The drum was to big & bulky and weight was a issue & it needed to be redesigned to make it smaller."

Edited by hdskumm

Atlantic posted an update 2 days ago on AKfiles "The development seems to be stalled at this time and do not have high hopes for them making it to market anytime soon. The drum was to big & bulky and weight was a issue & it needed to be redesigned to make it smaller."

Bummer. I really wanted one. I saw a couple of them at the SHOW Show in Vegas in January and they were indeed HUGE. :) But sometimes HUGE is GOOD. I mean, don't we buy some gun features because we like how they look? And don't anti-gunners like to ban things because they look too scary? :)

It's probably time for us to give up on this, then. Perhaps SGM will, too? Oh well.

So much for being able to load up a full box of 12-gauge shells at once. :) I just got a 100-round Surefire mag and a 100-round drum in 5.56/.223, so maybe that will have to satisfy me instead. :)

I really hope we don't have to give up on this, even if just for the coolness factor it'd be great to load an entire box of Winchester Blideside BB or #4 Buck and know if I run out of ammo I've got much bigger issues! XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...