disgusting.

i am always shocked at how texas is so pro-gun, but when the case is clear like this (open carry not allowed, only), they pull this shit.

I hope the guy gets off, and somehow the state pays the fees for his defense.

I also hope this stops others from doing the same.

others, being the gun wielding crazy man.

• Like 1

Remek, this was in the town of Orrville in Dallas County, Alabama.

I drive through this very small town every Monday afternoon.

Alabama is an Open Carry state, businesses may prohibit OC and/or CC in their establishment.

Many have opted for just disallowing OC, to keep the sheep from bleating in fear.

What is happening here is SOP, the cops find out if he has a CCW permit, if he does he will GtG.

The only people that will question this shooting are bleeding heart liberals and the dirtbag's family, who will say, "He was a good boy and didn't deserve to die.".

Good riddance to the dirtbag robber.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

We always need to remember that...

If involved in a 100% clear cut legal self defense shooting, you will still more than likely be initially treated as a criminal by LE.

Be cool!  Take everything with a smile and good attitude, say as little as possible and talk to a lawyer ASAP.

Lawyer before statement if at all possible.

Best to have already retained & talked to a lawyer, and know what he wants you to say.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

They're not going to fuck with the guy over this, there won't be any legal fees. They police just say things to cover their asses and placate the people who might bitch about what happened. in Alabama, the self-defense laws specifically prohibit civil litigation by someone or the family of someone who is injured or killed by someone defending themselves. I'm sure the great state of Texas had something similiar.

• Like 2

They're not going to fuck with the guy over this, there won't be any legal fees. They police just say things to cover their asses and placate the people who might bitch about what happened. in Alabama, the self-defense laws specifically prohibit civil litigation by someone or the family of someone who is injured or killed by someone defending themselves. I'm sure the great state of Texas had something similiar.

Exactly... Unless the guy is a dumbfuck and didn't have a CCW permit.

Exactly... Unless the guy is a dumbfuck and didn't have a CCW permit.

I would still rather be judged by 12 than carried by six..........fukem

• Like 4

This is exactly why I conceal carry. I don't know if it is the media in the way they are writing the story, but the comments of the Sheriff are not encouraging. I know he is an elected official, but I would be praising the guy for acting. His quote that it was obvious that Dollar general didn't want guns in the store is clearly wrong. The sign clearly states that they do not want open carry. It says nothing about concealed. As Chile alluded to many places here in AL have posted no open carry, shortly after AL passed open carry last year, but most have shied away from banning conceal due to losing business. I hope the guy gets off, gets his firearm back, and is lauded as a hero.

I recall a thread last year that wished that some concealled carry permit holder would happen to be in a place where one of these dirtbags came in to commit mass murder and stop it. I stated at the time, the media wouldn't report it. I was wrong...This is how it would be reported...a town in fear and the guy who stopped it as a potential criminal. I wonder what the report would have been if this CC didn't act and several people were murdered? I'm sure it would be for stricter gun control.

• Like 2

He was only waving it around.  He wasn't going to hurt anybody.  He wasn't even going to rob them.  He just wanted to have lunch with them.  You know, in the lunch room.

He was a good kid from a broken home.  

If hussein had a son, he'd look like him.

• Like 9

This may have jaded the Sheriff's opinion of the "Good Samaritan" who shot the perp:

"Jackson confirmed that Marlo Ellis, the customer who used deadly force, is facing charges of rape in the second degree and enticing a child for immoral purposes, stemming from a 2013 investigation involving a girl under the age of 16. Court documents state that Ellis picked the victim up at a school basketball game and drove her to his house where they had sex. The district attorney said Ellis' sex case is on the trial docket for February. He has been out of jail on bond."

This may have jaded the Sheriff's opinion of the "Good Samaritan" who shot the perp:

"Jackson confirmed that Marlo Ellis, the customer who used deadly force, is facing charges of rape in the second degree and enticing a child for immoral purposes, stemming from a 2013 investigation involving a girl under the age of 16. Court documents state that Ellis picked the victim up at a school basketball game and drove her to his house where they had sex. The district attorney said Ellis' sex case is on the trial docket for February. He has been out of jail on bond."

I was thinking the same thing.

• 6 years later...