Update on the Chaos Steel 10 round Mini Drum for the Saiga-12

Well, I was talking with my friend Cameron the other day, and he decided that its time to let a little information slip out.

Finally....he is moving forward full steam with the 10 round all steel minidrum!

He informed me that they got three more machine tools in last week to get that line up and running, and he is now in the process of getting the show on the road!

A couple of features he has made me aware of, which I think will be a major selling point (beyond the two obvious ones, one its made out of steel, and two - well, its made by CHAOS) are interesting to say the least.

His first model is going to be a 3" only drum, which makes sense - why fire pussy rounds out of a balls to the wall magazine....

Next, Is the fact that it is going to be as small as it can get, noticeably smaller than the current 10 round drums on the market.

Lastly, and one of the things I like about it, is it is going to be a wind-able mag, and as such can be stored indefinitely while loaded and cranked to tension when its time to use it.

There is not much more to say right now, but its true...

THE MINI DRUM IS FINALLY GOING INTO TESTING AND THEN PRODUCTION VERY SOON

• Like 1

One thing I would like to point out also, is he passed this along to me and said it was good for public information, but the man has so little time, that I am posting this update for him instead. Dont email or call him with questions, rather post them here, and I will get answers if I dont already have them as things progress.

I have held off on this project waiting for the right timing, I feel that time is now!  3" steel drums, we are rolling through the final design process as I have changed a few things since I first designed these almost 5yrs. ago. We are going all out on this design, they are designed to be stored loaded, they all steel body with an impact casing around the outer body. Our spring design is a 3/4" wide clock spring capable of a 500,000 cycles or 5 millions rounds, prototypes on the way.  We are in full prototype mode at this point, I will post pics of some details as we go along. My time is very limited so please bear with me as I will answer questions when I can. We are focusing on both saiga 12 and Vepr 12 but may do a MKA version as well, no promises. This mag well be the most compact and military grade 12 ga. mag on the planet! 

• Like 6

I figured Mr Cam might have a sec to reply to this thread once in a while....

Patience, guys, this guy doesnt mess around. Keep the questions in this thread, so he doesnt have to expend any more effort on US that he can be spending getting tooled up and running. Expect a top notch working part that you wont ever want to part with.

me myself? I cant wait to see one of these. Mr Cam has been talking about since Ive known him....its ABOUT TIME!!!

This is going to be a good one when Cameron nails it right. Watch

• Like 1

Well, I was talking with my friend Cameron the other day, and he decided that its time to let a little information slip out.

Finally....he is moving forward full steam with the 10 round all steel minidrum!

He informed me that they got three more machine tools in last week to get that line up and running, and he is now in the process of getting the show on the road!

A couple of features he has made me aware of, which I think will be a major selling point (beyond the two obvious ones, one its made out of steel, and two - well, its made by CHAOS) are interesting to say the least.

His first model is going to be a 3" only drum, which makes sense - why fire pussy rounds out of a balls to the wall magazine....

Next, Is the fact that it is going to be as small as it can get, noticeably smaller than the current 10 round drums on the market.

Lastly, and one of the things I like about it, is it is going to be a wind-able mag, and as such can be stored indefinitely while loaded and cranked to tension when its time to use it.

There is not much more to say right now, but its true...

THE MINI DRUM IS FINALLY GOING INTO TESTING AND THEN PRODUCTION VERY SOON

This is drum well shoot 2 3/4" and 3"

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Very cool.

Any predictions or goals for weight? Half an md20, as much as 2-3 factory 5's etc.

I will have size and weight in a couple weeks.
Any info on size and weight? Or really any new info on this project.
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...