HART SYSTEMS "AK PDW"

I thought I'd make something a little different.

This is the unfinished mockup for my HART SYSTEMS  "AK PDW"

I want to use a MP5 "K" grip, but installed a SP89 grip till all the paperwork is done to make it legal.

Not sure if I'll use the AIMR style stock or not? Maybe it will just be a pistol?

DSC00720_zps75680fa9.jpg

DSC00731_zps35c31994.jpg

Edited by ARMOR
  • Like 4

I worked on fitting the Romy trunnion, Galil gas tube and my adapter all together today. A few minutes with the Dremel and it was perfect.

DSC00737_zpsf4692883.jpg

My hand guard hanger is on order and as soon as it arrives I can finish cutting down the gas tube.

Looks like I'll need to remove around 3/8 from the length. (I still need to finish milling my spacer also.)

DSC00749_zps1e2d31fc.jpg

The good guys over at Childers Guns http://www.childersguns.com/index.php?route=common/home

seen this build and offered to make a custom serial numbered receiver for it. Score!

DSC00742_zps18c79c26.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

I'd be curious to see what a 124gr  7.62 round looks on a paper target coming out of a 5 3/4 barrel

After I finish it, I'll post some video.

My L.I.N.C.H. dust cover should be here on Saturday, but not sure about the bolt and carrier.

DSC00759_zps314c6f55.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mockup is done and this is how it will look. (Still needs painted.)

I found a pistol grip that matched my forearm perfectly.

DSC00869_zpscebd670f.jpg

Now onto the next project. One of these in 45 acp.

DSC00875_zps20c1b8f1.jpg

Edited by ARMOR
  • Like 2

By all means let us know when production starts! Seems like this may be the avenue for the smallest lightest ak platform pistol/sbr...which im sure a good many of us are interested in.

Also, the vityaz clone--well, that's just badassery right there!

Thanks guy's.

Welded the AK PDW yesterday and went to the range for testing.

It works perfect, but the mag I brought with me was junk and I never thought to bring another. Damn it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQzkQGrf4c0
Now it needs media blasted and painted. I'll post a better video after it's finished.

whats your thoughts on the LINCH? have you welded the rear sight yet? Going to keep the stock charging handle?

Yes, I like the LINCH so far. It is nice for this build because I shoot right handed and it's easier to charge with my left hand and not have to reach over or turn the gun to the side. The rear sight is welded on and I'm thinking of removing the right side cocking handle all together so it will fit in a holster.

Took the AK PDW out for another round of testing after finishing the welding on it today. The rounds eject about 10 feet when fired.

It's not broke in yet, but I'll dump a few hundred rounds through it this weekend before media blast and paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrIY...ature=youtu.be

I also need to relieve the side pressure on the right side safety selector and file the mag catch a little.

It sticks on a couple of my Yugo BHO mags. (No big deal, it's a 10 minute job.)

I fixed the mag catch and relieved some of the pressure on the selector.

She just eats ammo all day long. lol

Just need to media blast and paint it now.

DSC00911_zps522d434f.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

this is just my personal observation,

like a lot other people, I have  AKs that fire  7.62, 5.56 and 5.45. so another AK in 7.62 wouldn't be any kind of selling point for me, even with a "quasi MP-5k" look.  pistol AK in 7.62  have been done to death, so to speak.

now a AK like the VITYAZ clone, that uses cheap 9mm surplus mags. well, you might get more interest in people buying that. right  now the only "evil"  9mm semi-auto "subgun" that is on the market are the MP5/SP89 clones. no one has even made a VITYAZ clone

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

this is just my personal observation,

like a lot other people, I have  AKs that fire  7.62, 5.56 and 5.45. so another AK in 7.62 wouldn't be any kind of selling point for me, even with a "quasi MP-5k" look.  pistol AK in 7.62  have been done to death, so to speak.

now a AK like the VITYAZ clone, that uses cheap 9mm surplus mags. well, you might get more interest in people buying that. right  now the only "evil"  9mm semi-auto "subgun" that is on the market are the MP5/SP89 clones. no one has even made a VITYAZ clone

Done!

DSC00959_zpsd36a5ad7.jpg

P.S. I've made a 9mm Vityaz clone also.

DSC00494_zps9fe1e351.jpg

Edited by ARMOR
  • Like 2