where I live it is a crime to shoot someone breaking into your house.

Thats right, if a robber is inside my house and I shoot him, I go to jail.

If I shoot and kill him, I'm charged with murder.

No castle law or stand your ground laws here.

That just means you don't have enough guns. You need to be a good host and provide one for your guest, too. Self defense is allowed everywhere.

• Like 4
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you keep at least one weapon on you or near you at all times even at home? I know I do because ya just never know. There isn't a place in my home where I can't lay my hands on a loaded or edged wea

Pressure cooker, backpack, domestic terrorism...  The NSA can eat my shit. You fuckers already consider half the population potential domestic terrorists, and I know I have to be on that list.   Wh

"Loose lips sinks ships" -- since all this is considered metadata (for those in the know, please ponder for a while...) I choose to keep things as a surprise.

Posted Images

In the bathroom I've got a stainless .44 magnum hanging in a leather holster from a towel rack where it can be reached from inside the shower. There is a Draco pistol on top of a cabinet in the kitchen. A Walther PPK .380 behind a hidden door in a clock in the stairway. A Glock 9mm with 18 rounds loaded in a holster on the side of my mattress. A Saiga 12, AR -15, and AK-47 leaning against the wall in the bedroom, Mossberg 12ga pump out in the garage. The other bedroom has multiple long arms and ammo stored there, this reminds me I should probably have one of those loaded. No kids in the house.

• Like 2

If its that bad you need to move.  just sayin.

What state are you located in, so I know where to stay the hell away from.

There are always two handguns within reach, our EDCs, my wife's and mine.

Sometimes there is a rifle or shotgun out, mainly at night.

I'll wait for reply before I take count and believe it, coming from the guy trusting that the s12 can't shoot 3"shells, he may be a bit gullible.

Similar logic thrown in the face of many people that carry a handgun daily. If your town is that bad move bs.

I just keep my edc on from wake until bed. Or bathroom counter while busy with shower, toilet. It's comfy, and I'm damn used to it by now

• Like 1

Similar logic thrown in the face of many people that carry a handgun daily. If your town is that bad move bs.

Unfortunately that is worldwide condition and well there aint no way to pull it off.

State laws have boundaries and so one may well move to resolve them.

I have a at least one firearm stashed in every room of my house and at least 3 in my car.... and I always carry... even at home.

I view firearms like a Swiss Army knife of a P-38 can opener...  Or a remote control for solving problems...

Macbeau sends...

• Like 2
I'll wait for reply before I take count and believe it, coming from the guy trusting that the s12 can't shoot 3"shells, he may be a bit gullible.

well excuse me for not knowing everything about a gun that I don't even own rolleyes.gif

Now ask me something about the MKA and I'll let you know.naaaa.gif

That just means you don't have enough guns. You need to be a good host and provide one for your guest, too. Self defense is allowed everywhere.

Notice that I said robber. If I shoot and kill or even wound an unarmed man in my house, I'm in serious shit. Now if someone busts in with a gun

or knife and is threatening my life, well yes I can defend myself with deadly force, that goes for anywhere. But I don't live in a state that allows you to shoot someone for just busting in your house. I sometimes wish I did though laugh.png

I don't like the laws here either but I'm sure as hell not gonna sell my house and leave an established business to move some where

else just so I can get away with shooting someone in my house. I have lived in my house for over 20 years and guess how many times 

I have been broken into or robbed………….0

Now if I were constantly being robbed or threatened or was so paranoid that I had to have a loaded gun in every room of my house,

well then yes I would move in a hurry, but that aint the case here.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

One hell of a mute button huh macbeau!

All of this home defense talk has me wanting to ask a question... as a father of a 2 month old, it wont be long before i have to keep arms under lock and key. Any suggestions for keeping a gun at the ready with a kid in the house? Short of getting really good at using a key fast? I will teach my kid to respect firearms and gun safety but i was wondering if there was another option in regards to being quickly able to deploy a gun in a home setting with a kid just in case of shit. Any thoughts?

• Like 3

"Loose lips sinks ships" -- since all this is considered metadata (for those in the know, please ponder for a while...) I choose to keep things as a surprise.

Pressure cooker, backpack, domestic terrorism...  The NSA can eat my shit.

You fuckers already consider half the population potential domestic terrorists, and I know I have to be on that list.

Why should I bother being subtle about anything, its not like the Feds just started collecting this crap.

• Like 6

I just had a thought, maybe you could custom build a wooden box to mount to the ceiling in the corner of the room, something you could reach that would be far out of the reach of a child. This would only last a few years as kids are creative. I didn't really think this through and there are far better ideas, it's just the first thing that came to mind was to use their limited reach against them, that would allow you to keep the locks off the guns for a few years.

• Like 1

All of this home defense talk has me wanting to ask a question... as a father of a 2 month old, it wont be long before i have to keep arms under lock and key. Any suggestions for keeping a gun at the ready with a kid in the house? Short of getting really good at using a key fast? I will teach my kid to respect firearms and gun safety but i was wondering if there was another option in regards to being quickly able to deploy a gun in a home setting with a kid just in case of shit. Any thoughts?

Introduce them young to [unloaded] firearms and make it known that encountering a firearm (any firearm), needs to result in the child alerting you [or your spouse]  that they found / identified / saw, a firearm.  Not in a bad way... I used to play a game with my daughter that was kinda like "Find Waldo" only it was "Find the Gun In This Room and point it out to me"...

She is now 18 and can spot a concealed firearm from 20+ feet away...  Also knows the best / likely and unlikely hiding places for firearms... I wish I could pass on more...

Macbeau sends,,,

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 3

A lesson my father taught me a LONG time ago is, if some dips hit breaks in, you shoot him, and he does;t have anything in his hand, put something in it. I've changed the ammo in my .45, .40, and 9mm to Liberty Ammo, Civil Defense. The .45 is said to run 1900 FPS, the .40 is rated at 2000 FPS as well as the 9mm. It's said to be fragmenting ammo, so shooting thru a wall, it reduces the possibility of going thru another one. I still need to chrono them, but the .45 shoots pretty damn good.

I keep "something" on me from waking to sleeping, and then it's under my pillow.

You fuckers already consider half the population potential domestic terrorists, and I know I have to be on that list.

Why should I bother being subtle about anything, its not like the Feds just started collecting this crap.

I hear ya. The general contentious around here is to flee from oppressive laws . "Run rabbit Run"

If we all did that then half the population of the U.S. would be living in Texas .Eventually there is going to 

be no place left to run. Then what are all you tinfoils gonna do? If our govt keeps us on the run then they

have already won. Maybe that is their plan, to take complete control  one state at a time. "RUN TO THE HILLS, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"laugh.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 2

I hear ya. The general contentious around here is to flee from oppressive laws . "Run rabbit Run"

If we all did that then half the population of the U.S. would be living in Texas .Eventually there is going to 

be no place left to run. Then what are all you tinfoils gonna do? If our govt keeps us on the run then they

have already won. Maybe that is their plan, to take complete control  one state at a time. "RUN TO THE HILLS, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"laugh.png

Hey man it was you that brought it up.

Leaving a hopelessly corrupt and oppressive state is not cowardice it is just wise, if those things matter.

You could use a gun vault of some sort. Some open by a fingerprint.

post-34181-0-89601100-1390441191.jpg

post-34181-0-88673800-1390441197.jpg

I use one similar to this last one in my car.

post-34181-0-74070800-1390441182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ethan M
  • Like 2

I keep at least one in each vehicle in the garage including two motorcycles. If a vehicle is left out of the garage overnight, that weapon is brought into the garage. Don't try to walk in my garage while I'm working, or a stranger may have to shit his pants.

Notice that I said robber. If I shoot and kill or even wound an unarmed man in my house, I'm in serious shit. Now if someone busts in with a gun

or knife and is threatening my life, well yes I can defend myself with deadly force, that goes for anywhere. But I don't live in a state that allows you to shoot someone for just busting in your house. I sometimes wish I did though laugh.png

I don't like the laws here either but I'm sure as hell not gonna sell my house and leave an established business to move some where

else just so I can get away with shooting someone in my house. I have lived in my house for over 20 years and guess how many times 

Now if I were constantly being robbed or threatened or was so paranoid that I had to have a loaded gun in every room of my house,

I hear ya. What I'm hinting at though is that if you felt legitimately threatened by the robber and had to shoot and it turned out he was not armed, it might not be a bad idea if he was armed by the time the cops got there. Just sayin.......

CTD not so much but it's free gun shwag updates that come to me all the time though I never order anything from em.  what.gif

They make great packing material. Think everything I sell on eBay has been packed in CTD/firearms related mailers that sat around for a while. Even when the sold items weren't firearm related

• Like 1

I agree with you -- I mightily raise my middle finger to all in authority with the greatest of macho pride.  Has nothing to with hiding from anything.  Has to do with not giving anyone an edge of any kind...

I hear ya. What I'm hinting at though is that if you felt legitimately threatened by the robber and had to shoot and it turned out he was not armed, it might not be a bad idea if he was armed by the time the cops got there. Just sayin.......

another way is to keep a chainsaw near the bathtub which is next to the toilet. "Chop Chop Flush Flush", If there is no body there is no crime.011.gif

The motto around here is if your gonna shoot a robber, make sure he doesn't live to tell.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1

I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade.  Is it live, or just Memorex?  A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Only a fool would shoot a man that has a grenade, especially when they're within the burst radius! 

• Like 1

Lots of good options already mentioned. If you have ever been in Tjmax, look for the fake books. You can also search for hidden safes or hidden guns, plenty of products and ideas for DIY.

Just for the NSA, we installed a moat with sharks that have laser beams on their heads. Haven't had any invasions or visitors since...................

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

I will teach my kid to respect firearms and gun safety but i was wondering if there was another option in regards to being quickly able to deploy a gun in a home setting with a kid just in case of shit. Any thoughts?

I have a shotgun above the inside of my closet door on two of those bicycle hooks. Im 5'10" and can barely reach it. Kids dont go in the boring closet anyway, have no intrest in guns now, and couldnt reach it without my 6' ladder. I can get it down in less than 10 seconds.

When they get older I will move to a pistol in a small safe thats quick to access. Nothing drops like a longarm, but its a tradeoff. Kids with unsupervised access to firearms are much more dangerous than the potential of a break in, at least in my area.

It becomes even more important that you have a good light on there. Lots of kids/family shot every year because of misidentification.

Edited by mostholycerebus

While they are little, keep your weapon higher than they can reach while standing on the highest movable object in the room.  As they grow, you will have plenty of time to get creative, before they can reach as high as you can.

Ive got an RPG-7 in the closet with 3,000rds at the ready with the safety off, under the bed I have a tactical mini nuke and a fatman launcher I bought from some asshole walking around with a pack mule. I keep my phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range in a coat closet in my living room. My GE 134 resides on the porch and is fed from the storage room on the left side of the porch. I always carry my wrist com so I can call in an airstrike via satellite that rains down HE grenades and plasma beams in a radius the size of a city block. with pin point accuracy.

But realistically,I have a V12 with mag ready on an open bolt on one side of my bed, then my '74 chambered on the other with a G21 on my nightstand. My dining room table has my HK P30 and the table next to my couch has my .38 snubby. My wall decor is my SAM7SF, and my DD M4V1.

The NSA can suck it!

• Like 2

I carry a small pouch with a plugged/painted M26 practice grenade.  Is it live, or just Memorex?  A toss WILL make them dive for cover.

Only a fool would shoot a man that has a grenade, especially when they're within the burst radius!

Good luck with that bullshit tactic. If you think you can retrieve a grenade from a pouch, gain a positive grip on the spoon, and pull a pin quicker than someone drawing a handgun....then throw it?...

Do you practice your grenade extraction and employment often?

In my mind set, if you arm and chuck a grenade at me, shit just got real and you are going to inherit a controlled pair in your chest before I go prone. Even if I get to prone, chances are a live one cooking off will still incapacitate me so I might as well make sure you are incapacited beforehand.

• Like 2