New 1 piece aluminum lower

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.sasfirear...vlet/StoreFront I figured this deserved its own thread. I spoke with Tony and he informed me that this lower will come with the safety selector, spring and detent, anti walk p

What cracks me up about Jim is he is so worried about people stealing a design that wasn't even his to start with( aluminum AR lower), but then turns around and steals the pontiac Firebird logo and e

The upper receiver needs something to attach to. While I MAY have done it differently, I haven't seen the finished product yet, and I'm sure they have good reason why.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, good news, Tony Brent project manager of SAS Firearms email me some progress report pics on the SAS MKA 1919 lower. They have all the lowers machined and will be working on the lower's adaptors and anodizer processes next week, so they are looking at around three weeks before they can ship.

Thanks, To Tony of SAS Firearms for the update.

post-28279-0-73384000-1393045214_thumb.jpg

I have tried to get one shipped to the UK but no one seems willing or able to do this.

We have a lot of trouble getting things sent here from the USA, even silly little things.sad.png

Its not simple to export guns or parts for guns.

And if you dont do it legal and by the book as far as the state dept and ITAR you may just go to jail.

I suspect some folks here may want to think aabout this!!!

Jim

I have tried to get one shipped to the UK but no one seems willing or able to do this.

We have a lot of trouble getting things sent here from the USA, even silly little things.sad.png

And if you dont do it legal and by the book as far as the state dept and ITAR you may just go to jail.

Jim

Actually, sporting shotguns and parts arent controlled under State Department/ITAR, they fall under BIS/EAR (ECCN 0A984) and are pretty easy to export.

Jim

Actually, sporting shotguns and parts arent controlled under State Department/ITAR, they fall under BIS/EAR (ECCN 0A984) and are pretty easy to export.

Any dealers here that can work to both ITAR and the BIS/EAR(ECCN 0A984) want to deal with me, I have a Customs number for clearance in UK. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the email today from Tony at SAS.  The lowers are on the way back from being anodized and they want shipping/payment info from me. 

Edit:  talked to Tony this afternoon.  They expect the lowers to come in on Friday.  They will do some QC work next week and hope to be shipping by end of next week perhaps.  Gave him my shipping and payment info.   Ready to rock . . .

Edited by yamadog35
  • Like 1