New 1 piece aluminum lower

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.sasfirear...vlet/StoreFront I figured this deserved its own thread. I spoke with Tony and he informed me that this lower will come with the safety selector, spring and detent, anti walk p

What cracks me up about Jim is he is so worried about people stealing a design that wasn't even his to start with( aluminum AR lower), but then turns around and steals the pontiac Firebird logo and e

The upper receiver needs something to attach to. While I MAY have done it differently, I haven't seen the finished product yet, and I'm sure they have good reason why.

Posted Images

Looks really good, shame we can't get these in the UK otherwise I would have one in a heartbeat. Looking forward to seeing the finished job and of course a range report

Just have someone export you one?

Like I've said before, as long as you have your shit together, there shouldnt be any issues on this side. Or am I missing something?

Here is a link to International Firearms Transfer Agents: http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/DealerInternational.aspx

You would also need an Agent on the UK side as the UK has similar importation and exportation restrictions on

firearms. You would also need a company that is willing to do the deal. I can't speak for SAS but I can tell you

I wouldn't touch anything relating to ITAR with a 10 foot pole.

It's not that easy, as a lower for what the UK call a section 1 firearm like this would have to be on your licence as the licence stipulates the type and number of firearms you are allowed. It would also need to be shipped to a registered dealer in the UK then added to your licence and the police written to and informed as well, which means I would actually either have to sell my current lower first or apply for another one on my licence and to do that I would need a good reason to have 2 of the same type. My licence even states the exact calibre and type of firearms I can own along with the amount of ammunition I can posses (except bird and buckshot) and also what I can do with them, for instance my akdal can only be used for target shotgun and clay pigeon shooting and my 223 can only be used on approved ranges for target shooting only.

Unless of course I am miss reading the uk firearms law.

Sorry just realised hijacking this thread, please just PM me if you have any comments on this.

Edited by steveUK

Yeah!!! It's standard AR parts! The only complaint was that the brownells spring was a bit "soft". I like a very sharp snap into safe and fire. I had another spring laying around

so I switched it out and now it snaps.

I filled out my questionnaire and detailed some of the issues with the sloppy tolerances on the factory MKA parts. Really the only piece I had issues with was my magazine catch

bar. The bar was too large to fit in the mag catch pocket. This isn't an issue with the SAS Receiver but rather MKA's sloppy tolerances which are machined in with rabid dutch beavers.

One of my suggestions is that SAS offer a billet steel mag catch upgrade and also a complete replacement fire control group, the MKA parts are craptacular and I know that SAS could

knock an FCG set out of the park!

• Like 1

I just recently purchased my MKA. Can someone tell me the advantage/disadvantage from this one compared to the Firebird Precision one? Obviously this one is one piece and the Firebird is 2. But what, if any, difference does that make? Or there any other differences?

put mine together tonight. went to to gether fine, no problem with mag catch bar. my safety is also soft.will change spring,.brett 248 vista you don't use locking ring on your stock? slick!! threaded bolt catch pin.

Edited by rapidrpr

put mine together tonight. went to to gether fine, no problem with mag catch bar. my safety is also soft.will change spring,.brett 248 vista you don't use locking ring on your stock? slick!! threaded bolt catch pin.

No there should be a lock ring on there, I just don't have one yet! The T&N Adapter didn't take one so I never purchased one for it.  Glad that your mag catch bar went in

without any issues. The tolerances on the MKA parts really are all over the map.

Well just finished assembling the gun as a whole. WoW !!!!

By far the best part I have bought to date for my mka. The fit and finish on the lower is top notch! I had no problems with my mag catch bar. If anything it's a bit loose. As Brett said a SaS mag catch bar would be great. My FCG fit good and safety selector is soft for my liking and will be changing that. The upper to lower fit is near perfect.

I will finish my report after I shoot 100-200 rds. I love how my gun feels again. I never really liked it after I cut the factory stock off. Now I can't wait to shoot it again. Should be out Sunday hitting some clays!

• Like 1

Well just finished assembling the gun as a whole. WoW !!!!

By far the best part I have bought to date for my mka. The fit and finish on the lower is top notch! I had no problems with my mag catch bar. If anything it's a bit loose. As Brett said a SaS mag catch bar would be great. My FCG fit good and safety selector is soft for my liking and will be changing that. The upper to lower fit is near perfect.

I will finish my report after I shoot 100-200 rds. I love how my gun feels again. I never really liked it after I cut the factory stock off. Now I can't wait to shoot it again. Should be out Sunday hitting some clays!

I agree completely, the lower is a work of art! The fit between it and the upper are fantastic!

I just recently purchased my MKA. Can someone tell me the advantage/disadvantage from this one compared to the Firebird Precision one? Obviously this one is one piece and the Firebird is 2. But what, if any, difference does that make? Or there any other differences?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sniper Shotgun???? :)  Looks great Messiah!

I kept thinking to myself "damn I know I have a locking ring for the receiver extension" so I looked around my ammo can of "ar parts" and found it!

And since it was nice out (read: not 20 friggen degrees) I took some outside pics! :)

SAS035.jpg

SAS014-2.jpg

SAS010-2.jpg

SAS031.jpg

looking good Brett, theres no way I could get away with that balancing act on the truck bed, we have had 40-50 mph winds for the last 3 days here.

The lower went together with no problems at all and cycles flawlessly. It cycles a lot smoother than the MKA lower did. I'm sure the super slick feed

ramp on the SAS has a lot to do with that. I also think the shells tend to drag a bit more on a polymer feed ramp vs aluminum. Maybe not, but it sure seems

like it cycles a lot smoother now.

The only thing else I would do to it is upgrade the bolt to one of Jims chrome molly bolts when they become available.

Then I will be done with it. There is nothing wrong with my bolt now and I have shot almost 1000 rounds through it.

But we have all heard the horror stories. I'm saving all my 3" slugs for when the upgraded bolt is available.

The she will be a true sniper shotgun.biggrin.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH