New 1 piece aluminum lower

Hopefully our superior designed 1 piece lowers will be shipping this week and we can put this nonsense to bed.

Finally… a MKA lower that does not have some ugly ass Pontiac Fire Bird rip-off logo that looks like a 3rd grader drew it plastered on one side

and what looks like enough text to write a book plastered on the other. Oh, and screws holding it all together.  021.gif 021.gif naaaa.gif

Hopefully our superior designed 1 piece lowers will be shipping this week and we can put this nonsense to bed.

Finally… a MKA lower that does not have some ugly ass Pontiac Fire Bird rip-off logo that looks like a 3rd grader drew it plastered on one side

and what looks like enough text to write a book plastered on the other. Oh, and screws holding it all together.  021.gif 021.gif naaaa.gif

They look like nice parts.

Let me know how they work out.

Reading your posts....I feel like I have a Chihuahua humping my ankle021.gif021.gif021.gif

Jimrolleyes.gif

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.sasfirear...vlet/StoreFront I figured this deserved its own thread. I spoke with Tony and he informed me that this lower will come with the safety selector, spring and detent, anti walk p

What cracks me up about Jim is he is so worried about people stealing a design that wasn't even his to start with( aluminum AR lower), but then turns around and steals the pontiac Firebird logo and e

The upper receiver needs something to attach to. While I MAY have done it differently, I haven't seen the finished product yet, and I'm sure they have good reason why.

Posted Images

It's all good, just yanking yer chain brother…peace smile.png

I do after all own one of your mag release buttons, and will probably purchase  the heavy duty bolt you talked about,

if you ever make it that is. now get to work damnit. biggrin.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

it is so you will have different stock mount options down the road. They are developing one for a ACE folding mechanism as we speak.

This way your not only limited to a buffer tube style stock.  Pretty ingenious.

Also helps with alignment to mating the upper as some of the tolerances vary on the MKA.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I'm guessing no, but don't know for sure until I receive it. But judging from the video it does look like the adapter will be required.

or you would probably have to use some sort of washer to keep the bolt from sliding through. Why would you not want to use the adapter anyway?

You would have no way of attaching a stock if you did that.

I think your daddy Jim needs the garage floor swept. rolleyes.gif

Eat your heart out Firebird Fan boy 021.gif 021.gif

And I suppose you think you're Jeremiah Johnson or something?

At least Brett 248 has the guts to put that big ole frankenstein head of his on his avatar....

I think your daddy Jim needs the garage floor swept. rolleyes.gif

Eat your heart out Firebird Fan boy 021.gif 021.gif

And I suppose you think you're Jeremiah Johnson or something?

At least Brett 248 has the guts to put that big ole frankenstein head of his on his avatar....

RK is not Chris my son.

Rk Is a master machinist that has followed us here for a while

Chris went to work for a defense contractor more or less doing what he did in the military.

And making big bucks!

Jim

PS RK can come here any time, we would be glad to have him.

PS PS the adapter  does look like the gen 1 that we first made, (but that means nothing) its irrelevent.

All you kids play nice!  

Wait.... What's this? Did the UPS man come to see me????

SAS001.jpg

What could be in this box????

SAS002.jpg

What ever it is, it looks well packaged!

SAS005.jpg

Ta Daaaa!

SAS008.jpg

SAS022.jpg

Some asshat left my knives laying all over the place!

Finish is absolutely "Production" exactly what you would expect from the big boys. It has a great matte mil spec hard anodize on all surfaces except for the feed ramp which is

a smooth hard anodize. I don't know about fit yet, I need to tear my MKA down, but if there would be any fit issues it sure wouldn't be because of the guys at SAS, this thing is

absolutely gorgeous!

So you are assuming because they chose to make the rear part separate that they did this because they couldn't thread mill? 

I could make this with the rear piece as one unit on a regular 3 axis. My thought is that this was done for modularity. Want an

Ace stock, swap out the back plate.

Actually if it had been done on a 5 axis machine they would have gone ahead and cut the threads into the part instead of the way it is. 3axis.

R K

Oh and I apologise about you freakishly huge head.

Well, it will give me time to get a grip for it. What type of grip are you going to be running on it?

and do you know what size bolt it will take?

Hogue all the way for me.  Years ago I broke bones in my right hand and had some surgery to repair it so I've got constant pain and some problems with grip if it's not comfortable.  Hogue takes care of much of that.  Although I've also seen good reviews on this one (rubberized).  I might give it a try at some point.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/agr43.htm

Edited by yamadog35