Gas ports on non-XN model

If I wanted to check the size of the (2) gas ports on a non-XN 1919, does anyone know the standard size?  I'd just be poking them with a drill bit to check that they are the correct size.

Here's why I ask.  There is a 3-gun match that I want to run my MKA, but the SOP for the match requires #7 1/2 shot (ie. or smaller) for the shotty.  Although my MKA is pretty well broken-in, I usually use Remington #5 at other matches because the heavier shot ensures that steel plates fall.

For my last trip to the range, I took along 5 different types of shells that were #7 1/2 shot.  Although 2 of them were the standard Wal-Mart Federal and Winchester 1200FPS velocity shells, these do nothing but FTE (ie. fail to extract) 100%.  A manual extraction after being fired is needed to load the next shell.

The only brands that even came close to working are the below.  I'd guess about 70% success on both and the ones that did extract piled in roughly the same location slightly forward about 4 feet away.

Remington 2 3/4 length 1255FPS velocity 1 1/8oz #7 1/2 shot ShurShot Heavy Dove

Federal 2 3/4 length 1255FPS velocity 1 1/8oz #7 1/2 shot Heavy Field Load

I'd say that my shouldering of the shotty is pretty firm, but I did try to place the buttstock against a solid table to ensure that it wasn't me and the results didn't change.  I am using the standard OEM spring, but I do have a "gas booster ring" installed as I needed this to break-in the gun and never saw a need to remove it.

I did try multiple mags, and I noticed that I have a little more "tweaking" to do on the OEM 5 rounder as it performs the worst.  Also, I wish that I would have had the tools to pull my bolt at the range because I was curious whether the T&N Tactical Bolt may be just a little too heavy for the light loads.

Although I'm not a fan of the reduced recoil springs (ie. drilled my Saiga12 rather than use the light spring), I'm wondering if that might be my next choice for this MKA...

I went with both options. Opened up the ports and a reduced power spring on a T&N op rod. I've never looked back. I don't remember what the original size of the ports were I just opened them up to what Josh recommended.

Thanks..  Any idea what Josh recommended?