Yeah, and sadly nobody seems to give a fuck. Not that we can stop them from doing so, but like they actually would anyways. Its kinda like how some people believe that our 4473's dont get saved into a database. rolleyes.gif

I have never downloaded an ap.  Any ap.  Ever.

I also have everything on my phone turned off that can be turned off.

Not that any of that stops them but I simply refuse to HELP them spy on me.

• Like 1

I could give a shit less about the NSA spying on everybody. It is a huge waste of resources but they need to learn how to use the technology if they want to actually achieve something with it. I have known for years that cellular phones work both ways like tracers. They used outdated forms of this technology to track down Pablo and kill him. Imagine how it has evolved.

What they do need to accomplish is keeping things secret. Spy on whatever you think is a matter of national security. Don't spy for corporate interests. Spies have been around since the beginning of time. We should not know what they are up to.

If we start using spy resources to nail people on petty shit, then we need to gut the administration. We do not give this resourse to unqualified fools like local police departments. Spies should be secret and if they are exposed, terminated. That's how it works. Its a risk they take. .

Snowden should be shot. The NSA should be gutted and the CIA should be restructured back to cold war times.

We do need spies. We don't need to know about it and we sure as fuck don't need to be sharing this info with local cops, corporations and the media.

You can pull your battery or turn airplane mode on and put it inside this pouch. http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/emfx-47-cell-phone-gps-blocking-pouch

• Like 1

I'm going to apply for a $10 million government grant to study just how many "alleged" terrorists are actively playing Angry Birds at any given time during the day or night.

Who's with me?  super_man.gif

Silly me.  I thought Angry Birds is a kids game.  I don't own one of those "smart" phones..... just a flip cell phone.  rolleyes.gif

My phone is so dumb that it doesn't have enough sense to stay on, I pull it out every now and then to make a call and POS it off, crazy shit. I wouldn't know an ap if it was hanging off of my left... well you get the picture  bad_smile.gif

I have a feeling that it doesn't really make much difference, I think they have a way to track EVERY cell phone, I think they all have GPS built in also tinfoilhat.gif

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Honestly

I could give a shit less about the NSA spying on everybody. It is a huge waste of resources but they need to learn how to use the technology if they want to actually achieve something with it. I have known for years that cellular phones work both ways like tracers. They used outdated forms of this technology to track down Pablo and kill him. Imagine how it has evolved.

What they do need to accomplish is keeping things secret. Spy on whatever you think is a matter of national security. Don't spy for corporate interests. Spies have been around since the beginning of time. We should not know what they are up to.

If we start using spy resources to nail people on petty shit, then we need to gut the administration. We do not give this resourse to unqualified fools like local police departments. Spies should be secret and if they are exposed, terminated. That's how it works. Its a risk they take. .

Snowden should be shot. The NSA should be gutted and the CIA should be restructured back to cold war times.

We do need spies. We don't need to know about it and we sure as fuck don't need to be sharing this info with local cops, corporations and the media.

You can pull your battery or turn airplane mode on and put it inside this pouch. http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/emfx-47-cell-phone-gps-blocking-pouch

So you don't like the NSA, want the NSA gone, but you want the guy who blew the doors off all of it to be shot? I think this is a bit inconsistent. You can call Snowden a traitor if you want, but the guy is almost single-handedly responsible for showing the American people and the world that our intelligence services are completely out of control and are no longer acting as beneficial entities to the American people.

• Like 6

Blowing the lid off the domestic spying was justified.  But taking all of the information to our foreign enemies is treason.

He should be hanged, the just punishment of traitors.

What Snowden did needed to be done. How dare our government even mention the word treason when they have become the enemy of the people they claim to serve, which is what Snowden proved. Our government got caught red-handed laying the foundation for tyranny. If there are some negative consequences for what Snowden did, so be it. The message to our government is....keep your own hands clean and you won't have a problem with that.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 5

Blowing the lid off the domestic spying was justified.  But taking all of the information to our foreign enemies is treason.

He should be hanged, the just punishment of traitors.

I don't know if Snowden gave any thing to the Russians, and neither do you. From what I've read, most of what he has is stored somewhere on the internet, and very few have the knowledge regarding where it is stored, or how to unencrypt it.

There are still many encryption algorithms that the NSA cannot brute force in weeks, months, or years. Take a look at distributed.net - who since the late 1990s has performed world-wide distributed computing projects testing various encryption algorithms by brute-force method, using millions of individual CPUs across the world, processing chunks of the encrypted data to form one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world. Some of the algorithms have taken the better part of ten years to break - they have been working on RC5-72 since 2003 and have still not broken it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed.net

Edited by mancat

That's amazing naïve.

Do you believe everything you read on the internet, or just what agrees with your point of view?

Believe what you want.  It doesn't matter what either of us thinks anyway. 

So with all the tin foil hats out there, what are your SHTF comms solutions to keep the NSA from intercepting your transmissions? I don't care, anything you use that utilizes radio frequency, they can triangulate where you transmit from as well as listen in on you. It doesn't end with cell phones or the internet. If you are going to drop off the grid, who in the hell would bring a cell phone unless they were truly addicted to Angry Birds?

one of these decades I might just break down and buy me a cellular phone. on second thought....... there is no one I want to talk to that urgently, that I can't wait to get home and call them from  my home phone

THEY will know you are home if you are on a landline! Lol

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable SEARCHES and SEIZURES, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Keep you hands off my data NSA! You have no right to seize this information. Fact: Snowden is a hero, the NSA, CIA, and FBI are the real traitors to the Constitution. 

Don't care if you have nothing to hide or not, this is wrong. When they need to start searching you home in person will you still feel the same? So many people I talk to are willing to join NRA or other organizations to stand up for their 2nd Amendment rights but just blow this one off. If they can trample on number 4 they can trample on number 2 and number 1 etc. Get your mind right and realize this has nothing to do with whether you are doing anything wrong or not. This has to do with control and most definitely provides the means for identifying any potential dissidents. You can be sure that being a member or a contributor to this forum has you on the naughty list already :)

This is so not a good thing for the future USA. 

• Like 5

The Angry Birds "thing" is all about the data-mining. It shows that they are still learning

At some point I'm sure they hope to be storing and sifting through all the 1's and 0's being sent and received around the world. No warrants needed, because it enters the public "space" and government-controlled radio waves.

Right or wrong, it's not a concern for most people.

If you feel the need to counter their efforts, it will always be possible.

I'm still conflicted about Snowden. I think the Russians will get what they can from him and then he will have an accident.

Edited by Sim_Player

So with all the tin foil hats out there, what are your SHTF comms solutions to keep the NSA from intercepting your transmissions? I don't care, anything you use that utilizes radio frequency, they can triangulate where you transmit from as well as listen in on you. It doesn't end with cell phones or the internet. If you are going to drop off the grid, who in the hell would bring a cell phone unless they were truly addicted to Angry Birds?

Nothing personal but the moment someone uses the "tin foil hat" designation on a matter so well documented as this my alarm goes off.

I will say that measures are available and are being taught.

If one is trained and neither stupid nor careless short wave works as well as it always did. Better in fact if you know whats available.

When I go off the grid... I have my personal communications systems already in place... there are the small mushroom cans on each end of the room to room communications network. Bean cans for the upstairs to downstairs networks, cause you need more volume/amplification and the big 28 ounce tomato cans when we need the extra oomph to reach the garage, or the basement. its just weird feeling like a spider in my home with he network of " Webs" strung up everywhere. :unsure:

A friend of mine (who has his Ham license) and I have talked about this.. If the whole comms grid is down, but you still have power (generator, 24v solar, etc.) the most secure method of communication would most likely be a point to point network via encrypted packet radio. PM me if you want some more info.

It doesn't have to be tin foil hat.. This stuff is fun to do.

At one point I had an Inmarsat marine satellite voice/internet terminal mounted on my roof, but it belonged to my employer and I eventually had to use it as a spare.