well you all did a terrible job of swaying me.oops.gif . i just ordered one yesterday.  i do appreciate all the input. i have read a ton of reviews and decided to go ahead. ill let everyone know my thoughts once its here.022.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. . . 

I'm on hold purchasing anything else from Kel-Tec. I purchased a new out of the box SUB-2000 that has a issue with the safety. After I incurred the expense of sending it back to the factory, it still

+1 to post #2 -- It seems like Q/C is all over the map. Some of them have major feed problems (that can't be cured with sand paper and a drill bit.) From what I've read/ been told, there are some tole

Posted Images

Keep in mind that many of the reasons for the KSGs existence are political.

The KSG beautifully circumvents a number of state and local ordinances that would otherwise prevent a person from having a similar shotgun.

I think this is exactly why it was developed.  :up:

well you all did a terrible job of swaying me.oops.gif . i just ordered one yesterday.  i do appreciate all the input. i have read a ton of reviews and decided to go ahead. ill let everyone know my thoughts once its here.022.gif

. . . 

• Like 6

well you all did a terrible job of swaying me.:oops: . i just ordered one yesterday.  i do appreciate all the input. i have read a ton of reviews and decided to go ahead. ill let everyone know my thoughts once its here.:killer:

. . .

Im a grown ass man! Lol!

I found this vid. It apeals to me as i work in corrections and am on our d.c.t team.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=gbzxUvm0EoLQyAGb-4HwBA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQAcYErAoVP0&cd=7&ved=0CEUQtwIwBg&usg=AFQjCNGCve9ZRbYG2GkSx8fEt-oRuqeZ_g

Edited by Vintovka Dragunova

Why dont they just run a V12 or S12? 

ETA: NM, I guess being in corrections, they need to run less than lethal ammo.

yeah bean bags and stingers will not cycle a saiga 12.

And those guys weren't in corrections. They were consultants who describe themselves as "Tier 1." 

Underhand toss across the room to simulate ummmm something with the sling, I guess...

One guy who's busy and a bunch of bored guys standing around to simulate actual correctional workflow.

• Like 1

Corrections? Work? Depends on the day.lol. its all fun and games till the inmates decide to go off.

P.s. got the shotgun today. Freaking love it! Say what you want im digging everything about it.

Corrections? Work? Depends on the day.lol. its all fun and games till the inmates decide to go off.

P.s. got the shotgun today. Freaking love it! Say what you want im digging everything about it.

Come on man, you know the rules. PICS!!

• Like 1

Come on man, you know the rules. PICS!!
Okay crappy cellphone pic coming up.

post-21427-0-71002000-1391829291_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So how did it shot at the range? Any failures?

Gonna do a full review at some point. Gun was brand new never cleaned or oiled. When i first started had a few fte's. After some break in and some rem oil she ran like a champ. I did break the cheap 6 dollar forergrip i got off ebay in the first 2 rounds lol. I also had one of the sightmark z series holographic sights on it, it came in yesterday. The sight was very impressive. Never losing zero. It eaven held up to the abuse of 3" magnum buck. Very impressed with this sight.

A couple things i will need to address. This thing is light and kicks like a mule with magnum slug and buck rounds. Not so bad on the shoulder but murder on my hand do to the pistol grip. Thinking a hogue slip on grip is in order. need to find a foregrip that can take some abuse. And maybe a recoil pad.

P.s. my mini slugs worked great. No feeding issues. And much more pleasent to shoot than factory slugs.

• Like 2

Just a thought and perhaps a hint.... If your hand is absorbing recoil you aren't doing it right. Your hand on the hand grip is supposed to be pulling the gun into your shoulder. 

I'm glad the KSG working good for you, though. I've heard mixed reviews.

A couple things i will need to address. This thing is light and kicks like a mule with magnum slug and buck rounds. Not so bad on the shoulder but murder on my hand do to the pistol grip. Thinking a hogue slip on grip is in order. need to find a foregrip that can take some abuse. And maybe a recoil pad.

I can well imagine how little that lightweight plastic dampens recoil, ouch.

On the other hand, I was well pleased with how the heavy wood/steel of my new M1A does dampen recoil of the .308.

Trade offs.

Just a thought and perhaps a hint.... If your hand is absorbing recoil you aren't doing it right. Your hand on the hand grip is supposed to be pulling the gun into your shoulder. 

Yeoldetool is right on the money...  You're doing it wrong, it should kick like mule, but not hurt your hand.

'Pull' it in tight to your shoulder.

Oh yeah, they make padded shooting attire for a reason. wink.png

Its the way the grip is located. You do use it to pull it tight into your shoulder. But the recoil still very much felt in your hand. Im not the first to notice this. Seems to be the design. Hard to explain unless youve tried it. I think its mostly do With the angle the gun is held to avoid shells hitting your arm.

So some poorly designed ergonomics, makes sense then.

Lol it is what it is. A compact bull pup 12 gauge. Bullpups in general are not known for stellar ergos. When shooting normal shells its not an issue. But 3" mags. Yes you will feel it. All in all its a small gripe. The gun runs great. The sight works and holds zero even under heavy recoil. And it runs the mini shells i made. All in all i am very pleased.

• Like 1

Its the way the grip is located. You do use it to pull it tight into your shoulder. But the recoil still very much felt in your hand. Im not the first to notice this. Seems to be the design. Hard to explain unless youve tried it. I think its mostly do With the angle the gun is held to avoid shells hitting your arm.

I've seen the video with the guy wearing gauze to pad his wrist/forearm because the ejected shells had chewed up him up. Ouch.