.22LR Availability, $0.10 Per Rd or Less Thread

Came with the plastic can! And five dollar shipping, and 100 rd cci mini mag for 8.99 more!

Now its $290

Item Number: IK - 218788

CAL/GAUG: AE556 55GR/500W/2MAG

It's classic.  I rarely score the super deals.  I generally catch pretty good prices but not rock bottom.  I think it is just a matter of timing of when I want or need ammo and where prices are hovering......or maybe it's dumb luck or I'm not the best shopper.  I'm also willing to pay a little more for quality ammo.  I am thinking of buying a RRA AR.  I won't run steel "brass" through it.  Now a Saiga......all day long.

I swore off buying .308 for a long time just based on availability and resultant price.  I won't pay $1.00 + a round.  The same goes for 5.56.  Prices for .223 / 5.56 have returned to planet earth.  Not so much for .308.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same email here.  Sometimes things are too good to be true.  Still appreciate the heads up SGL.

I just received this email from Bullets.com.  I replied and suggested that they invest in a proper inventory management system as well as let them know that I will not be placing any future orders wit

.07 a round to the door.  Nice unexpected deal.  Mozilla didn't work, Chrome did.  Appreciate the help and deal SGL.

Posted Images

Thanks! Got 1 box of .22's from Cabelas, plus 1 box each of some other .223's I want to try out in my new AR pistol (one is a 40gr. varmint bullet, I think it will do well with the 1:9 twist.)

.22 backordered till July, one of the .233 loads backordered till March. argh

I just got the email from Cabelas.  That sucks.  I didn't know Cabelas played the Sportsman's Guide game on back ordering.  I was under the impression if they were selling it it was on the shelf ready to go.  Bummer!

The email content:

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.

Products Ordered

1 of 21-8825 CCI SWAMP PEOPLE .22 AMMO 22LR 36GR HP /300 Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 07/25/14

Total

Merchandise = $24.99

Postage = $5.95

Tax = $1.86

ORDER TOTAL = $32.80

Thanks! Got 1 box of .22's from Cabelas, plus 1 box each of some other .223's I want to try out in my new AR pistol (one is a 40gr. varmint bullet, I think it will do well with the 1:9 twist.)

I just got the email from Cabelas.  That sucks.  I didn't know Cabelas played the Sportsman's Guide game on back ordering.  I was under the impression if they were selling it it was on the shelf ready to go.  Bummer!

The email content:

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.

Products Ordered

1 of 21-8825 CCI SWAMP PEOPLE .22 AMMO 22LR 36GR HP /300 Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 07/25/14

Total

Merchandise = $24.99

Postage = $5.95

Tax = $1.86

ORDER TOTAL = $32.80

DIdnt know that either. However, Sportsman Guide has surprised me with backorder stuff that showed months out but came in a week or two. Maybe you will get lucky.

Anyone use Fiocci 38 grain HP? I can get 50 round boxes for about 4 bucks through our department supplier. 8 cents a round is still about twice as much as the federal 555 packs were going for pre panic, but that seems like a decent deal. Just not familiar with that brand.

I once bought 4K Federal American Eagle XM193 from Cabelas on backorder.

Stated time was several months, came in about a month.

Hope this does the same.

Now, what annoys the fuck out of me is that the xm193 showed as a backorder when I ordered it, this didn't.

They will be getting a phone call about that today.

But as I've stated in another thread, having several backorders of .22LR waiting around isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Chile- Well, if they have 300 boxes in-stock, and get 500 orders within an hour, I couldn't really blame them.  ;)

And they have a Disclaimer on the order page, too.

This happened to me with some PMags. They just had so many orders coming in.

My charge card reflects a charge for the "backordered" item.  Maybe I'll get lucky and get the ammo soon.  Either that or I smell REFUND!

It's not nice to charge the card before pack out and shipping.

Cabelas does not charge you till they fill and ship the order.  I would bet if you go to their web site and look at your order history for that order it will show as shipped.

You should also get a email saying it shipped later today.   When they changed my order from in stock to back ordered I cancelled it and then later in the day bought 500 CCI blazer from them.  You just never know with them.

I called them about multiple changes on what was supposed to be an In-Stock item.

Was given a 100% "We Don't Give a Fuck" attitude, and "Yes, we over sold our inventory".

No apologies...  "Would you like to cancel your order?"

2/25... 7/25... 3/25...  I guess it'll get here one of these days.

I was also told that they're expecting a LARGE shipment of ammo on 2/25 and to check the website.

Lots of new inventory on the 25/26th she says...  This was the closest I got to having a bone thrown my way for being a grumpy customer.

I swore off buying .308 for a long time just based on availability and resultant price.  I won't pay $1.00 + a round.  The same goes for 5.56.  Prices for .223 / 5.56 have returned to planet earth.  Not so much for .308.

Aimsurplus and SGammo had WPA .308 for around $8.80 a box. That is .44 cents a round. Still a little high, but this is the first time it was in stock in almost a year.

Also, both Aimsurplus and SGammo have had brass cased PPU for around $11.50. Depending on the firearm used to fire it, you could sell the brass to a reloader and recover some of the cost.

I'm not buying steel jacketed ammo anymore. With the cost of rifles you can't come out ahead. (other than 7.62x39).

I've a good bit of Uly .308 steel cased for my Saiga.308-ver.21, ~7-800 rds.

I prudently bought a several thousand of that from AimSurplus several years back... I don't shoot the ver.21 a lot, so it has lasted.

But my new M1A needs some more loving in ammo choice.

I just today took delivery of 500 rds of Lake City M80 147gr FMJBT from Military Shooters LLC, paid $0.64 per round.

It is unfortunate that this is currently considered a decent price for quality m80.

The email content:

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.[/size]

Products Ordered

1 of 21-8825 CCI SWAMP PEOPLE .22 AMMO 22LR 36GR HP /300

Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 07/25/14

Total

Merchandise = $24.99

Postage = $5.95

Tax = $1.86

ORDER TOTAL = $32.80

I have had 5 boxes of 30-06 Federal 165 gr NP on back order with Cabelas since Aug.....they push out the date until the end of the month and then at the end of the month I get an email pushing it out for another month...I hope I get to use it this deer season.

Well, ya done missed this last season with that ammo. :beaten:

I don't understand it....it's not like its 22lr LOL...I never really saw a run on 30-06 and at $40 a box I would imagine it's not in high demand. I have enough for the next couple hunting seasons..it's just randomly weird. Only thing I can figure is Nosler must be having supply issues..

Edited by sccritterkiller

Aimsurplus and SGammo had WPA .308 for around $8.80 a box. That is .44 cents a round. Still a little high, but this is the first time it was in stock in almost a year.

Also, both Aimsurplus and SGammo have had brass cased PPU for around $11.50. Depending on the firearm used to fire it, you could sell the brass to a reloader and recover some of the cost.

I'm not buying steel jacketed ammo anymore. With the cost of rifles you can't come out ahead. (other than 7.62x39).

I run the .308 through two M1A's.  Those take NATO compliant rounds rather than the hotter .308 hunting/commercial rounds.

I called them about multiple changes on what was supposed to be an In-Stock item.

Was given a 100% "We Don't Give a Fuck" attitude, and "Yes, we over sold our inventory".

I was also told that they're expecting a LARGE shipment of ammo on 2/25 and to check the website.

Lots of new inventory on the 25/26th she says...  This was the closest I got to having a bone thrown my way for being a grumpy customer.

Cabelas?

Edited by Semper299

Cabelas?

Yes, Cabelas.

• 1 month later...

PSA has Federal bulk 525 packs for $49.99 a box, thats .10 per round.

I just grabbed two...  ETA: Gotta be quick on the trigger, it is already gone.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I've been bugging Cabelas weekly on the phone & email, and even logged into Facebook long enough to write a negative post on their page.

Cabelas called me on Wednesday, they wanted to know if I wanted to substitute CCI Blazer 500rd.

They said the CCI Swamp People 300rd is on indefinite backorder.

I said, "Sure, go for it...  But I'm still an annoyed customer."

Edited by ChileRelleno

I've been bugging Cabelas weekly on the phone & email, and even logged into Facebook long enough to write a negative post on their page.

Cabelas called me on Wednesday, they wanted to know if I wanted to substitute CCI Blazer 500rd.

They said the CCI Swamp People 300rd is on indefinite backorder.

I said, "Sure, go for it...  But I'm still an annoyed customer."

Crap, I'd love to have that swap too! I don't even remember if I cancelled that order, or just forgot about it...  :unsure:

With the feeding frenzy for 22 lr out there, Just be happy to get anything at a good price. The same is with Pistol Powder.

I thought that this shortage would be over but I think it is here to stay.

I'm still able to get various brands of .22 bricks from my local gun shop for $30, that's .06 cents per round. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but I go in every couple of weeks and get a brick of .22 and 20 or so rounds of .308. They have a pistol range so they typically have a fair supply of various calibers and brands. I've purchased MANY guns from them, it could be that they are just trying to take care of their heavy hitters. I'm stocked pretty good on most other stuff, as I quit almost all recreational shooting after Omutherfuker used the BAN word.

Okay...I went to the gun shop after I originally posted this today, I purchased two 20 round boxes of Winchester (brass) .308 for $13.00 each. I also purchased a bulk pack (325 rounds) of .22 LR for $20.00 cash out the door, not bad for these days and times I'd say 000.gif

Edited by AA re-cvrd