.22LR Availability, $0.10 Per Rd or Less Thread

I was at Dick's and Wal Mart and neither had any .22 ammo.  Dick's did sell out of Remington .22s and he said that quality control has improved but I haven't been happy with Remington .22 ammo and from boxes of 525 I had a lot of duds and bullets bending when feeding. I want .22 rounds but want quality ammo.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same email here.  Sometimes things are too good to be true.  Still appreciate the heads up SGL.

I just received this email from Bullets.com.  I replied and suggested that they invest in a proper inventory management system as well as let them know that I will not be placing any future orders wit

.07 a round to the door.  Nice unexpected deal.  Mozilla didn't work, Chrome did.  Appreciate the help and deal SGL.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I've been bugging Cabelas weekly on the phone & email, and even logged into Facebook long enough to write a negative post on their page.

Cabelas called me on Wednesday, they wanted to know if I wanted to substitute CCI Blazer 500rd.

They said the CCI Swamp People 300rd is on indefinite backorder.

I said, "Sure, go for it...  But I'm still an annoyed customer."

Crap, I'd love to have that swap too! I don't even remember if I cancelled that order, or just forgot about it...  unsure.png

Update: I got the call from Cabelas on Friday! The box should be here today with 500 rnds. of CCI 40gr. LRN. biggrin.png

I thought the order had been canceled, but apparently Caberlas didn't give up. 032.gif

ETA: And... they're here!  027.gif

Edited by Ronin38
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Got 1 box of .22's from Cabelas, plus 1 box each of some other .223's I want to try out in my new AR pistol (one is a 40gr. varmint bullet, I think it will do well with the 1:9 twist.)

.22 backordered till July, one of the .233 loads backordered till March. argh
 I just got the email from Cabelas.  That sucks.  I didn't know Cabelas played the Sportsman's Guide game on back ordering.  I was under the impression if they were selling it it was on the shelf ready to go.  Bummer! The email content: Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.[/size]Products Ordered  1 of 21-8825 CCI SWAMP PEOPLE .22 AMMO 22LR 36GR HP /300 Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 07/25/14TotalMerchandise = $24.99Postage = $5.95Tax = $1.86ORDER TOTAL = $32.80
I have had 5 boxes of 30-06 Federal 165 gr NP on back order with Cabelas since Aug.....they push out the date until the end of the month and then at the end of the month I get an email pushing it out for another month...I hope I get to use it this deer season.

Came home today and 3 boxes of 30-06 were here! Only two left on back order....

• 8 months later...

I hear ya. Federal Automatch is my preferred .22LR round, and I used to buy all I wanted for .045/rd at Walmart. In the current market, it is rare to find it under .08. Hopefully .22LR supply will rebound like .223/5.56 has and prices will continue to fall.

I just shoot the crappy lead 22LR.  I've got a model 60 so need nothing special.  Run Blazer, and win white box, and I think I have some fed 525 packs.  Think the last one I bought from gander montain was $25/box on that.  For some reason rem just didn't feed or fire well in the old model 60 so I traded that long time ago for fed instead even up with a friend.

There is a private gentleman who occasionally sets up some outdoor tables here in our small SW OR town and yesterday, Sat the 14th of Feb, 2015, had 1000 round bulk boxes of new Winchester M22 .22rf ammo for only $160.00 per box of 1000.  Sixteen cents a pop.  He quoted his prices with a straight face.  He also had Prvi Partisan .30 Carbine FMG at only $.80 cents a round.  Wow!  HB of CJ (old coot) about 43N, 123W.  Kinda.

There is a private gentleman who occasionally sets up some outdoor tables here in our small SW OR town and yesterday, Sat the 14th of Feb, 2015, had scare1000 round bulk boxes of new Winchester M22 .22rf ammo for only $160.00 per box of 1000.  Sixteen cents a pop.  He quoted his prices with a straight face.  He also had Prvi Partisan .30 Carbine FMG at only $.80 cents a round.  Wow!  HB of CJ (old coot) about 43N, 123W.  Kinda.

Yeah there are plenty of the scare sellers out there and I bet he did sell enough to pay for his spot and travels to your location too.  There are those that are still taking advantage and you see that by who's buying ammo when it comes in.  I've seen a few times and I read it many times that people get buddies in to buy it up then off they go to gunbroker or wherever to hawk it at an idiot price mark up.  I refused to pay $5 a box of 50 for some lead 22LR or even more on some.  I've got a 5yr old thats gonna want to learn to shoot some time and I need what I have for that so I'm not buying unless i can live with the price.  $25 for fed champ 525 bulk sure but I still want it back to $15/brick some day.

Problem is stopping by walmart 20 times and striking out starts to justify .09-.10 cents a round...I've seen those assholes amd there buddys clear out a store then laugh about it as they carpool to the next one...if thats what they wanna do they can have at it, I'd rather spend a day making a pile uh cash than driving all over town to make $10 a pop off 6 bricks.

• Like 1

I am just waiting for the broke guy who filled his basement with bricks at inflated prices to need money for the next dumb fad thinking.

Then he can sell those bricks for some reasonable cost and I will get a few. I never hoarded, but I still have leftovers from around 2008.

reliability is fine actually, shoots pretty well on accuracy too, the striker spring in the upper is so stiff even with a 3.5 lb connector the trigger pull is still pretty rough. I got it when I had a spare frame while I was using the stainless frame on my 24. I liked it well enough I bought a used glock frame for it after I sold the stainless frame.

The Sportsmans Guide did at one time have Armscorp .22rf 40 gr. RNL  non copper washed bullet HV .22rf ammo for sale for about $211 bucks for a 5000 round case.  Plus shipping. A little less at $200 a case if your are a member of the buyers club.   A little over 4 cents a round.  They have been back ordered for a very long time and while I do not expect ever to be notified when it is back in stock or how long it will remain in stock, they are supposed to e mail me when it becomes available again.  I need to contact them again via phone to make sure I am on their notification list.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Edited by HB ;  I called them up and I am on the email notification list, but they have no idea when the ammo may appear, nor how much of it they will receive.  Except for all of that, everything is rosy.  HB  dumb de dumb.

Edited by HB of CJ

I have declared my 9mm glock carbine my "22", it has the draw back of nobody has powder right now but at todays 22 prices I can shoot cast reloaded 9mm and the best part is every time I hit a beer can it moves with a 22 not so much.

That was the decision I made re: the HP 995 I bought in my youthful ignorance. Kinda renewed my appreciation. It really gets some sizzle out of the lee 158-105 SWC with a little bullzeye.

I am still puzzling over some types of 22 being advertised as "optimized for bolt action rifles" .

FPS is claimed at 990 so clearly enough charge is there to cycle actions. What else could it be?

My guess: Long barrel and larger diameter. With something like a .22 you only really have accuracy problems & leading with undersized bullets. Oversized will swage down to anything but might not feed in a semi. So with a bolt gun, they can assure a tight fit every time by making them fat. They can also chose a slower burning powder to be get the velocity out of a longer barrel, possibly in a more consistent way. Also, they can use a nose profile which won't feed in a semi well, such as the older shapes of HP or a SWC profile.

• Like 1

I am still puzzling over some types of 22 being advertised as "optimized for bolt action rifles" .

FPS is claimed at 990 so clearly enough charge is there to cycle actions. What else could it be?

My guess: Long barrel and larger diameter. With something like a .22 you only really have accuracy problems & leading with undersized bullets. Oversized will swage down to anything but might not feed in a semi. So with a bolt gun, they can assure a tight fit every time by making them fat. They can also chose a slower burning powder to be get the velocity out of a longer barrel, possibly in a more consistent way. Also, they can use a nose profile which won't feed in a semi well, such as the older shapes of HP or a SWC profile.

Thanks for putting the thought into it.

You might well be right but since I can find no real specs published on it guess I will just have to try a box and find out.

BTW the brand is Geco and its my new go to 22LR as the "semi-auto" version is beating out everything but the Eley match for a lot less coin.

They also make a pistol match which I will give a go in the Browning.

Edited by Rhodes1968