M92 PAP SBR Q

So, I have an M92 Pap, I'm waiting on my form 1, I got an idea, plan is to put an ACE stock on it, but I'm not crazy about the guys that drill and tap the back of the receiver for 2 screws and screw on an AR stock adaptor and call it good. What I'm thinking is to put an AK block on the thing and go from there, seems to me like it'd be a stronger attachment, well, if  Ido that I can install this SIG SB15 brace and KAK buffer tube I have laying here for an upcoming AR pistol build and play until my form 1 comes back. What say the masses? Will it work? 

What I would recommend if your going to go with ace, do the weld on back plate. You'll still have to drill holes to allow for the back plates integral nuts, but the nuts have the proper amount of threat make up, so you'll be using the full strength of the bolts.

As far as the SBR question goes, why not check out some of the barrel extension and fake suppressors that will bring you to legal barrel length and tack one on to the block. (of course before you add your stock).

If you choose to make a part to adapt an AR stock for the sig brace, common sense says that sure it's the same thing. I just wouldn't trust  "common sense" to the ATF, or even some local LEO. You know century makes a SB-47 brace for the PAP specifically.

Thing is, I already own the Sig brace (bought it for another project and I'm waiting on parts for it), and plan from the get go is an ACE block, not a back plate, as I said I'm not too crazy about the amount of thread on the back plates, noe do I want to worry about screwing up the heat treat on a $600 pistol. And when my paperwork finally comes back (it's been 3 months already) I plan to use the ACE side folder hinge, bolted to their back plate, with one of their stocks. 

I'm not the masses, but in my case I drilled and tapped the stock trunnion, and "called it good".

Truthfully, it would probably take a pretty good wack, to break those threads even as few as there are. I'd be more concerned with over tightening, or becoming loose due to insufficient thread surface. A little red locktite would be advantageous. Did you get pics of it?

I'm not the masses, but in my case I drilled and tapped the stock trunnion, and "called it good".

Truthfully, it would probably take a pretty good wack, to break those threads even as few as there are. I'd be more concerned with over tightening, or becoming loose due to insufficient thread surface. A little red locktite would be advantageous. Did you get pics of it?

Pics of the holes?

Pics of the holes?

Yours is the "pit bull". Never mind. I hadn't put two and two together. Great looking build by the way.

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=PAP-FMA

theres an adapter no mods to the firearm.

i suggest waiting on your stamp and going the underfolder route. do it right

That's exactly the kind of setup I'm going to use, just the one ACE makes that replaces the whole rear trunnion, in fact it's already on order, And as far as building an underfolder goes, not on only NO, but HELL NO, not that there's anything wrong with an underfolder, I just can't stand the cheek weld, or should I say lack thereof.

Link to ACE block I'm using:   http://riflestocks.com/store/product61.html

Although I do have one of these laying around:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/240518/arsenal-inc-side-folding-aks-74-style-busttstock-assmebly-ak-47-ak-74-stamped-receivers-steel-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Edited by nobearsyet

Scrap all that. Do it right ;-)

8ea22914f522b259fe6e16bca130dc82_zpse82a

While I appreciate the look of both those M92's I can't stand shooting those underfolders. I built two of the M92 virgin kits on the Khyber-Pass receivers, one with the Poly side-folder and one with a triangle stock. Still waiting for my approved Form 1's to arrive in the mail to 86 those fake suppressor barrel extensions. Did you paint them or are they Blued? I am leaning toward bead blasting and blueing for authenticity but I don't know if it is worth it.

Niner,

Yeah, I already have side folder kinks in the collection. So, I wanted these to be different in the mix. Going with their original underfolders just made sense.

These are painted. Lee at SOC did the M85 in graphite black and it is very nice!

• 1 month later...

Here is one I shot a few days ago, its a nice little shooter but I prefer my SLR 107ur to the M92. Sunny that girl in your avatar will live on forever, that gif will be floating around the web for enternatiy.

IMG_0237_zpsff9640bb.jpg

Edited by NinerRider