My Dad worked for Remco in the 60's designing plastic injection molds.  I often got samples and had lots of the stuff they made including helmets, hand grenades, rifles, jets and lots of other cool stuff. They made one rifle that shot plastic bullets with velcro on the end.  I made my little brother put on a sweater and had him run around the house so I could shoot him.  Probably why I like 3 gun so much.  One summer my Dad took my brother and I into the office and we got to play with some of the prototypes.  I remember him showing us the Beatles dolls they made but I didn't think much of it at the time.  He got laid off when Remco went bankrupt and I think the stress led to an early heart attack at 47.  

Now your kid can't even point a finger at someone without a nanny type getting pissed off, I miss the old days.

Doug

• Like 1

Of all, this was by far the toy that I spent the most time playing with....

Nothing like a hot plate and molten plastic for prepubescent kids. LOL 

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 3

I had this one...

hey, I had that as well. unlike kids today who get handed everything they ask for, I did extra "chores" so I could get one, which made me take more care of it and not break it, because I knew I wasn't going to get a replacement.  then later I got the camera gun.

10 points if you know the name of the kid in that commercial

Ever burn the heck out of yourself with the original EZ Bake oven? Cousin was always burning something, and I was her fix it man. lol. Filled house many times with smoke, and had to air out. She just retired as a "What abuse will it take" engineer for a military contractor. She is one of those who would show weakness of design. Up to contractor and government to fix or as we all know, sometimes they ignore.

I had this one...

hey, I had that as well. unlike kids today who get handed everything they ask for, I did extra "chores" so I could get one, which made me take more care of it and not break it, because I knew I wasn't going to get a replacement.  then later I got the camera gun.

10 points if you know the name of the kid in that commercial

Kurt Russell.  I had the camera gun too Matt.

Pifft.

I think my generations toy guns kick ass.

Everything from Tommy guns to an M60. Stamped steel AKs and Mp5s not a problem.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft-Guns-AEG-s/3.htm

However we did have to deal with those horrible 1/4 wide orange tips.

Clearly these can cause some trouble should a child play with one in a city.

The libs are in rare form tonight.  20/20 has some crap going on where they planted unloaded cricket rifles in a playground and then videotaped little kids finding the rifles.  Of course they are trying to make it look horrible because "the children think they are toys because they are pink".  What a crock of shit.  #1.  Arrest the dumb mother fuckers who deliberately left firearms accessible to children and #2.  Children are curious.  It doesn't matter if it's black, or white or grey or pink, kids are kids and will do what kids do.  I don't care if ABC had a former marine as they claim, inspect the rifles to make sure that they were unloaded or not.  To make them accessible to children, simply to prove their fucked up point (which is something all people know....that children shouldn't be around guns unsupervised because they are CHILDREN) is dangerous and irresponsible.  Again, arrest those dumb mother fuckers.

• Like 3

I want the real version of the "Johnny 7" seven guns in one.

That would be one bad ass SHTF gun.

I had that gun when I was a kid. The two forward grenade launchers worked pretty good, the pineapple on the ramp not so much. It shot plastic bullets too, and the pistol grip actually would detach to become a small pistol.

Had this one too, the Mattel M16 Marauder:

marauder1.jpg

This one was loads of fun, the charging handle was reciprocating and it would fire all day after you racked it back and forth a few times. I remember jamming this in the ribs of my cousins newlywed husband shortly after he returned from a tour of duty in Vietnam. He got pretty pissed much to my surprise, and then proceeded to shatter my illusions of warriorhood by telling me the gun only bore a passing resemblance to the real one.

First and last AR I ever owned.....laugh.png 

I used to have a full auto paper cap M16.

Awesomely loud bang made by smacking a roll of paper caps with a sledgehammer!

We used to take the 12 cap revolvers and bore out the red plug in the barrel, and remove the spark arrestor from the cylinder.  It'd shoot sparks 3'.  Dirt piles from new house construction were our battlezones.

Fuckasses.

I've never heard anyone else say this...Donnie Darko, yes?  happy.png

You may not believe it but in a retail store I worked at last year we were selling water guns with detachable magazines!!  Most of them were semi-auto clones,  but as I  looked through them I found a model that was styled after a revolver...that also had a detachable magazine...  what.gif   nobody but my awesome pro-2A boss got it. 

Surprisingly I didn't have any cool gun toys...just a BB rifle to shoot at the woodpile. 

Edited by Padrooga
  • Like 1

I'm a lot younger but I remember some non-pc toys I had.  A .44 magnum water gun (Which I never really did use as a water gun much), a M-16 wood rubber band gun (Rapid rubber band fire, what was not to love?), a double barrel rubber band shot gun and the only cap pistol I ever owned was a derringer cap pistol.

A stretch would be a few things that were gi joes but I had a respectable collection of Desert Storm Micro Machines.  M1A1, Stryker, M109, F-15C, F-4, F-14, M777 a base and a desert fox hole type of forward position as well as an aircraft carrier.  Tons of micro machine guys too.  Many wars on the carpet growing up.  A new spin on the term carpet bombing in my house growing up.  As always, America was victorious.  lol  biggrin.png

My biggest collection though was farm toys and legos.  As well as hot wheels/matchbox cars.

Edited by ShadowFire

I wanted one of those hot plates, they had made some version of it when I was around 7-8 or so. Apparently my parents did not feel it was worth the money, because I never got one.

Maybe a month later I figured out how to sand cast wax, so I duplicated a few dozen storm trooper action figures using wax. My dad got a little mad that I melted all the candles out of the hurricane supplies, but apparently thought the pile of sand cast action figures was cool enough to let me off the hook.

Me and my brother made all sorts of toys... Many got taken away for obvious safety concerns. The nerf gun that I made could shoot through plywood, clearly not safe as a toy.

• Like 1

I'm so old that most toy guns I had were western replicas.  I remember getting a Bat Masterson outfit for Christmas from Santa that included a derby, vest, cane, holster and revolver.  I had a crap load of guns as a kid and they were my favorite toys. Later I owned BB guns and a pellet gun followed by a Marlin Glenfield .22 that I still own to this day.  I bought that with paper route money when I was 14.  I have loved firearms as far back as I can remember.  I think the nurse handed me one when I was delivered.  smile.png   I think I will be buried with an M-14.

I had the Hopalong Cassidy holster set and watch. That stuff came out in the 50's but I was born in 1960 so it must have been popular to be around for a few years.

My grandfather worked for a toy factory, besides being a farmer. Their X-mas bonuses were HUGE boxes of toys, not only the ones they produced locally, but from all the factories in the Corporation. It was good because my family didn't have much money. 

I had the Hopalong Cassidy holster set and watch. That stuff came out in the 50's but I was born in 1960 so it must have been popular to be around for a few years.

My grandfather worked for a toy factory, besides being a farmer. Their X-mas bonuses were HUGE boxes of toys, not only the ones they produced locally, but from all the factories in the Corporation. It was good because my family didn't have much money. 

We didn't have much money either but some how mom and dad came through every Christmas.  I had my guns and I was a happy boy!