My Saiga 12 is better than your Saiga 12

The title is just a joke so don't get your panties in a wad. Besides, I would rather have evlblkwpnz's Saiga 12.

I finally got my paperwork back from the ATF and got my gun engraved. Chopped the barrel down last night and shot it this morning.

th_AAA_zps79abf555.jpg

th_CAM00009_zps447a982b.jpg

It ran really well with federal bulk and estate bulk ammo. I had a few stove pipes with the winchester. All of these low brass loads just barely eaked their way out of the gun. In the videos I have 3 gas ports at 0.093" and 1 at 0.078". I just opened the last port to 0.093" so that should give it a little more gas. It ran 00 Buck and slugs fine. I shot some 3" slugs out of it and it was not a pleasant experience.

CAM00008_zps254df491.jpg

CAM00007_zps3b8e18f3.jpg

CAM00006_zpsb632269f.jpg

When I chopped the barrel I noticed that my bore is off center quite a bit. The thinnest wall thickness is 0.065" and the thickest is 0.085".

Will I still be able to thead the outside of the barrel with this bore offset?

• Like 5

What type of flash hider or muzzle break do you guys use on an SBS? I feel like it would defeat the purpose of having a short barrel if I added a 5 inch long break to it. I might want something like a bird cage flash hider that isn't much longer than an inch.

TROMIX flash hider for S-12....... TROMIX S-17 10" barrel....

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.post-3950-0-73448400-1391361911_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What type of flash hider or muzzle break do you guys use on an SBS? I feel like it would defeat the purpose of having a short barrel if I added a 5 inch long break to it. I might want something like a bird cage flash hider that isn't much longer than an inch.

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.attachicon.gifTROMIX AK-103 ,SureFire and ProMag 011.JPG

Love the look of the custom stock on this.

Did Tony shorten the gas system on this? Hard to tell from pics I've seen.

I like the standard length gas system on sbs.

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.attachicon.gifTROMIX AK-103 ,SureFire and ProMag 011.JPG

Love the look of the custom stock on this.

Did Tony shorten the gas system on this? Hard to tell from pics I've seen.

I like the standard length gas system on sbs.

Stock is a SPAS-15 stock that Tony modded with an Ace folding mechanism........ only did 2 of these.

Yes, the gas system was shortened 3.5"........