Sign in to follow this  
mordamer

My Saiga 12 is better than your Saiga 12

The title is just a joke so don't get your panties in a wad. Besides, I would rather have evlblkwpnz's Saiga 12.

I finally got my paperwork back from the ATF and got my gun engraved. Chopped the barrel down last night and shot it this morning.

th_AAA_zps79abf555.jpg

th_CAM00009_zps447a982b.jpg

It ran really well with federal bulk and estate bulk ammo. I had a few stove pipes with the winchester. All of these low brass loads just barely eaked their way out of the gun. In the videos I have 3 gas ports at 0.093" and 1 at 0.078". I just opened the last port to 0.093" so that should give it a little more gas. It ran 00 Buck and slugs fine. I shot some 3" slugs out of it and it was not a pleasant experience.

CAM00008_zps254df491.jpg

CAM00007_zps3b8e18f3.jpg

CAM00006_zpsb632269f.jpg

When I chopped the barrel I noticed that my bore is off center quite a bit. The thinnest wall thickness is 0.065" and the thickest is 0.085".

Will I still be able to thead the outside of the barrel with this bore offset?

• Like 5

Thread with a bore guide and you will be OK for a flash hider typr of muzzle attachment.

Check out what Dinzag Arms has to offer for that.

Edited by headshot

What type of flash hider or muzzle break do you guys use on an SBS? I feel like it would defeat the purpose of having a short barrel if I added a 5 inch long break to it. I might want something like a bird cage flash hider that isn't much longer than an inch.

What type of flash hider or muzzle break do you guys use on an SBS? I feel like it would defeat the purpose of having a short barrel if I added a 5 inch long break to it. I might want something like a bird cage flash hider that isn't much longer than an inch.

TROMIX flash hider for S-12....... TROMIX S-17 10" barrel....

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.post-3950-0-73448400-1391361911_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.attachicon.gifTROMIX AK-103 ,SureFire and ProMag 011.JPG

Love the look of the custom stock on this.

Did Tony shorten the gas system on this? Hard to tell from pics I've seen.

I like the standard length gas system on sbs.

The TROMIX Shark Brake is a bit shorter than the hider.attachicon.gifTROMIX AK-103 ,SureFire and ProMag 011.JPG

Love the look of the custom stock on this.

Did Tony shorten the gas system on this? Hard to tell from pics I've seen.

I like the standard length gas system on sbs.

Stock is a SPAS-15 stock that Tony modded with an Ace folding mechanism........ only did 2 of these.

Yes, the gas system was shortened 3.5"........

I went out and shot it again in lower light. This is a fast drum dump.

Then I shot some 1 oz winchester 1600 fps slugs.

Edited by mordamer
  • Like 1

Film it again, shooting the slugs at the same speed as the drum dump.

• Like 2

Watching you dump that drum made my shoulder spasm again. When I finished my rehab after tearing the bicep tendon, I felt cocky and did 4 rounds on 2 clays.