Target Shooting Saiga 12 in Ohio

Was wondering if anyone has info for me on Ohio laws for magazine capacity for target shooting!?

I am going there for work for a week and I am planning on taking my 7.62x39 and 12 guage Saigas and don't want to bring any mags for either gun that will get me into hot water!?

I leave in the morning so I don't have time to scour the boards for any past post so sorry....just need to know if I can bring my 30 rounders for my 7.62 and my 10 rounders for my 12 to shoot with?

Thanks for any help/info, much appreciated and looking forward to shooting my new S-12 for the first time! Been a frozen wasteland in Norther PA so I haven't had the chance yet but Southern Ohio should be better conditions I am hoping!

Thanks again!

Edited by islandwise

Thanks '7.62m43'.....researched a little already similar to your suggestion but I guess I was just looking for some Ohio members to shout out and  say they use the same mag setups and have had no issues with range masters or the like!?

But I guess each range will be different of course....so I will take them with the internet info I have gathered and ask locally at the range before I unpack my weapons/mags to shoot!

Wish I had some 5 rounders just in case but worst case scenario I will be loading single rounds and just honing in my sights!

Thanks for the link though.....

As long as the state/local laws don't prohibit high cap mags, the only thing I have experienced at a range is keeping the rate of fire down to one shot every 2 -5 seconds. I have at least one low cap mag for each of my guns just in case...

• Like 2

Thank you my Ohio friend!!

You would think that in this "free" land of ours that you wouldn't have to be so afraid of the various regions with their varying laws that they consistently change to fit their unfounded fears and that you could go about this country as one free citizen....but not so and better to be safe than sorry!!!

Going to be a good week coming up......027.gif

Edited by islandwise
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, sadly I can't shoot my 75rnd drum or 40rnd mags here but can drive half an hour and use them in Indiana. You can own them and even load them, but you CAN NOT lock them into the weapon. If you do, it miraculously becomes a machine gun. F@€king idiots.