What's your favorite, which variety(s) and how do ya drink it?

Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Buffalo Trace, straight.  There are few things that compare to a glass of bourbon on a tool-strewn garage workbench late at night with a good project in the works. 

For cleaning?   Vodka, straight.  Hoppe's mingles well with the frigid burn.  Grey Goose is quite nice...also, it may sound cheesy but there is a Russian brand called 'Hammer and Sickle' that I like.  It has a good clean finish to it without the sour bite of cheaper varieties (ie: Russian Standard, better than Absolut but still a bitch). 

If anyone has suggestions for either, let me know!  I've always wanted to try Eagle Rare but 8 boxes of 7.62 always sounds so much more practical. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't recall.......    

WATER……..a once free liquid that now costs more than gasoline, and in the not so distant future will be worth it's weight in gold.

Posted Images

My go to everyday beer used to be Miller Lite, all evening long after work.  I love a good IPA or 20 in the winter time, especially around the holidays for some weird reason.

Tequila or Mezcal was my favorite to sip, or shots it didn't matter.

Everclear is great for cleaning or its antiseptic properties.  I don't drink anymore but I sure do miss it sometimes.

...the hangovers not so much.

Captain Morgan. Private Stock, Black, and Lime Bite. Usually with Pepsi.

img-bottle-privatestock%20%282%29.pngimg-bottle-limebite%20%282%29.png

Beer and wine suck. Bourbon's OK. Tequila makes me puke. Schnapps is ok if it's peppermint. GOOD vodka's ok. Bacardi's crap. GOOD rum is the way to go. Navy rum is good too.

Edited by patriot

Not much of a drinker anymore. That said, I love a good Scotch on the rocks or straight. Good Gin, Triple sec, and Rose's is doable. Mixers aren't really part of a good cocktail for me. Just some ice to keep it simple.

Rum makes me stupid and I don't like the taste of Vodka. Bourbon and Schnapps won't make it past my nose. Those are two that I got sick on when I was young.

And I'm very picky about beer (didn't used to be, but I am now).

I don't really drink liquor all that much. If I do it's generally gin & tonic, but I've been trying to get a taste for drinking straight good whiskey and bourbon.

I am a beer snob, and I generally like really dark beer, stout, strong IPAs, etc. but I can still appreciate the swill of Bud and Coors sometimes. Working outside in the summer, a ice cold watery mass produced beer is definitely way more refreshing than any of the dark stuff.

I also love me some dry & bitter red wine. If it's sweet at all, I don't want it. Spanish wines are my favorite. The first time I visited Spain, I brought home 4 bottles of wine in my backpack as a carry-on, and they actually allowed it, and customs didn't take them away even though I was only 20. Still can't believe I got away with that - it was 2004.

Edited by mancat

My neighbor and I were out shoveling snow at the same time yesterday and got to talking after we had a good laugh about him hitting a crack with the snow blade on his John Deere. He's a good old boy retired from Ford and a real gear head.

He invited me over for a whiskey and of course being a gear head he keeps the bottle chilled in his rolling toolbox in the garage. It's a nice large heated garage though and we had a couple shots while we chatted about car stuff.

The stuff he had was Honey flavored Evan Williams and it was like adult soda pop, great stuff! I've had the JD with honey, but this stuff was sweeter and smoother. Cheaper than the JD too from what he said.

post-16487-0-45225100-1391362161.jpg

WATER……..a once free liquid that now costs more than gasoline, and in the not so distant future will be worth it's weight in gold.

Yes. I'm kind of glad that I have 5 free-flowing, natural springs, a river, and a pond on my property, besides 3 deep wells.

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 3

Good old Budweiser for me.  Its the king of beers, even says so on the labelhaha.gif .  As far as liquor goes anything whiskey will do.  My good ole friends are Jim, Jack, and Johnnie.  

Edited by DarkStar

Yes. I'm kind of glad that I have 5 free-flowing, natural springs, a river, and a pond on my property, besides 3 deep wells.

Nice…... some guy was trying to sell me what he called Montana survival land. There was no water source to be found.

I told him there aint gonna be much surviving without water.rolleyes.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Nice…... some guy was trying to sell me what he called Montana survival land. There was no water source to be found.

I told him there aint gonna be much surviving without water.rolleyes.gif

LOL Yeah, it's all good until you dig a cellar hole, then come back the next day and you have a swimming pool, instead. That's exactly how we found one of the springs. The water has been tested and is suitable for bottling as "naturally pure."

My neighbor and I were out shoveling snow at the same time yesterday and got to talking after we had a good laugh about him hitting a crack with the snow blade on his John Deere. He's a good old boy retired from Ford and a real gear head.

He invited me over for a whiskey and of course being a gear head he keeps the bottle chilled in his rolling toolbox in the garage. It's a nice large heated garage though and we had a couple shots while we chatted about car stuff.

The stuff he had was Honey flavored Evan Williams and it was like adult soda pop, great stuff! I've had the JD with honey, but this stuff was sweeter and smoother. Cheaper than the JD too from what he said.

If you're liking the honey blends, try American Honey.  It's the best one I've had.  Honey whiskey blends are usually a bit sweet for me personally though.

+1 on the Johnny Walker Blue Label.  I almost don't wanna drink that stuff, just taste it. 

My comment on vodka may have been misconstrued...^_^  I don't use it for cleaning, it's good to drink while cleaning. 

I don't really drink liquor all that much. If I do it's generally gin & tonic, but I've been trying to get a taste for drinking straight good whiskey and bourbon.

I am a beer snob, and I generally like really dark beer, stout, strong IPAs, etc. but I can still appreciate the swill of Bud and Coors sometimes. Working outside in the summer, a ice cold watery mass produced beer is definitely way more refreshing than any of the dark stuff.

I also love me some dry & bitter red wine. If it's sweet at all, I don't want it. Spanish wines are my favorite. The first time I visited Spain, I brought home 4 bottles of wine in my backpack as a carry-on, and they actually allowed it, and customs didn't take them away even though I was only 20. Still can't believe I got away with that - it was 2004.

If you're developing a taste for the stuff, try adding a little cold filtered water with the straight whiskey or bourbon.  If the liquor isn't aged enough (unless you want to spend a bit of $, it probably won't be), the burn of alcohol overwhelms the flavors.  Water cuts down on that so you can actually taste the subtleties.

I totally agree on the cheap/light beer for outdoor summer work.  Corona with lime all the way.  Do you like Guiness?  That's my favorite dark beer.  Newcastle Cabbie black ale is awesome too.   

If you're liking the honey blends, try American Honey.  It's the best one I've had.  Honey whiskey blends are usually a bit sweet for me personally though.

+1 on the Johnny Walker Blue Label.  I almost don't wanna drink that stuff, just taste it. 

My comment on vodka may have been misconstrued...happy.png  I don't use it for cleaning, it's good to drink while cleaning. 

If you're developing a taste for the stuff, try adding a little cold filtered water with the straight whiskey or bourbon.  If the liquor isn't aged enough (unless you want to spend a bit of $, it probably won't be), the burn of alcohol overwhelms the flavors.  Water cuts down on that so you can actually taste the subtleties.

I totally agree on the cheap/light beer for outdoor summer work.  Corona with lime all the way.  Do you like Guiness?  That's my favorite dark beer.  Newcastle Cabbie black ale is awesome too.   

If you have to work to like something, then you probably need to examine why you want to like it.

I've put a lot of sauza away with my main drinking buddy. Along with too much champagne of be beers with my best friend that died in 2005. I'm not very picky but fuck e&j, several cheap assholes I know drink the stuff and it's the most rot gut shit I've had. I prefer the true shine, none of that store bought, filtered and taxed shit. I have had Guinness right across the street from where it's made and it was great. I agree that light beer is good in summer but still prefer heavy stuff otherwise. I've had most what was mentioned in this thread but am not pro palate so have no expert picks. I do like aged whiskeys and have a bottle of jd from the factory single barrel only sold in Lynchburg. It's awesome too. 

tequila_silver_silver_bottle.jpg?1380732

The good stuff.

So in my rambling ive discovered I have no drink of choice. Put it in front and I will try it.

Edited by beefcakeb0