I'm in the DFW area working this week. This is my first time in Texas, and i'm super impressed with this area. There is construction going on EVERYWHERE, not just road construction, but new buildings, renovations, etc. I've never seen anything like it. There is so much work in this town. The freeway system is great, there are service roads parallell to both sides of the freeway, super convenient. I always knew Texas was awesome, but didn't realize the extent that these people have got it together. Coming from Birmingham, which is pretty much a dead city, this is amazing to me. The Gadsden flag car plates are fucking awesome, and apparently there is a gun show every weekend. Driving down the interstate I see bill boards for gun shows at several different locations, ft. Worth, Dallas, Irving, and others. There are seriously more Spanish radio stations than English ones, but I don't care. I've seen some fucking beautiful Latinas this week. Most of what we have back home are the dumpy looking, rural, hotel maid type Mexican women.

I will say this, I barbeque pork, but I guess if you have a bunch of beef sitting around you have to make do. I also put beans in my chili.

• Like 2

I like Texas a lot, beautiful state. And it's politically about the best the USA can offer.

My older brother was born there when my parents were young and living on the AF base.

He's lived all over the country and moved back there for a while years ago. I used to really

enjoy visiting him down there just outside of Dallas.

It was kind of weird how his condo was crawling with scorpions though.   horror.gif

If I hadn't just bought a house in Birmingham, I'd be looking for a job over here. I just can't get over how much work there is. I understand there's a bunch of people, but to see construction going on like this is just amazing. Its literally everywhere.

If I hadn't just bought a house in Birmingham, I'd be looking for a job over here. I just can't get over how much work there is. I understand there's a bunch of people, but to see construction going on like this is just amazing. Its literally everywhere.

I remember when they said the same about Nevada a few years back...good times.

Rumors are, all that new construction is going to be filled with Cali libs fleeing their sinking state.

I remember when they said the same about Nevada a few years back...good times.

Rumors are, all that new construction is going to be filled with Cali libs fleeing their sinking state.

Not long after that happens, you'll see the laws being attacked to make it more like the shithole they came from.

• Like 2

My problem when I worked out there was staying awake on the damn flat straight roads. I never tried the titty bars, I didn't need any trouble that far away from home. :) If you get a chance, go check out the Alamo, it's "just down the road" :)  when you ask anybody in Texas "how far is So and So town" they always say "oh, it's just down the road". Which turns out to be 5-600 miles, at least. :)

They said the same thing about 2010, we're still fucked, as far as I can see.

That is correct. The voting public took back the House of Representatives handing the libtards their heads on a platter. The 2014 election we hope to do the same for the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2010

You'all better watch out for that crazy b**ch running for Gov. IF she gets in, her and the californio's will try to take over just like they did in other states. I don't understand what they put in the water that makes them think they need to tell everybody what to do.

Yup....Virginia is now a blue state, the atty. general not only refuses to support the law regarding same sex marriage, he is actively fighting it  super_man.gif

WE ARE SO FUCKED.

They said the same thing about 2010, we're still fucked, as far as I can see.

That is correct. The voting public took back the House of Representatives handing the libtards their heads on a platter. The 2014 election we hope to do the same for the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2010

Lets hope they do something this time around Yakshit. big_smile.gif  (been wanting to say that again for a while). Im just hoping that the people will pull their heads outta their asses this time around. Im not so filled with certainty though. They did elect (supposedly) our asshat for a second term. So it seems most people dont care, or are too stupid to see the outcome. Likely both.

I spent a good part of my misspent youth dodging Fairfax County Law Enforcement.

I hate to see the state in it's current form.

Immigration really increased, after I left in 1991.

I had a high school friend, who's dad was Muslim, and he hated all his son's American friends.

Texas sounds nice. I'll fight for freedom in my state, until it becomes hopeless.

Edited by Sim_Player

You'all better watch out for that crazy b**ch running for Gov. IF she gets in, her and the californio's will try to take over just like they did in other states. I don't understand what they put in the water that makes them think they need to tell everybody what to do.

Yup....Virginia is now a blue state, the atty. general not only refuses to support the law regarding same sex marriage, he is actively fighting it  super_man.gif

WE ARE SO FUCKED.

Weren't you telling me to come to VA when the Co takeover was going on?  It happens pretty quick and doesn't seem like there's a damn thing you can do about it huh?

As far as Texas...  OIL.  Nuff said!

I will be moving to TX as soon as I can. 

Lol, the hotel maid ladies you are describing are central American. Most of our latina women in Texas are very attractive.

The Tejanos are as American and as Texan as anybody.

TX is nice. I was just working in Orange last week. It's very similar to places my family came from here in WA state, places I spent a lot of time in growing up, and would much rather live in than where I do now. Texas reminds me of the eastern half of WA into Idaho and Montana.

WE ARE SO FUCKED.

Virginia going blueish is probably the saddest to me. Argueably one of the most beautiful states in the country, and not long ago was a thriving commonwealth. I have family there, and they seem pretty confident once this administration is gone the state will turn back red. I really hope he is right.

I'm in the DFW area working this week. This is my first time in Texas, and i'm super impressed with this area. There is construction going on EVERYWHERE, not just road construction, but new buildings, renovations, etc. I've never seen anything like it. There is so much work in this town. The freeway system is great, there are service roads parallell to both sides of the freeway, super convenient. I always knew Texas was awesome, but didn't realize the extent that these people have got it together. Coming from Birmingham, which is pretty much a dead city, this is amazing to me. The Gadsden flag car plates are fucking awesome, and apparently there is a gun show every weekend. Driving down the interstate I see bill boards for gun shows at several different locations, ft. Worth, Dallas, Irving, and others. There are seriously more Spanish radio stations than English ones, but I don't care. I've seen some fucking beautiful Latinas this week. Most of what we have back home are the dumpy looking, rural, hotel maid type Mexican women.

I will say this, I barbeque pork, but I guess if you have a bunch of beef sitting around you have to make do. I also put beans in my chili.

Thanks for the write up brother. I have lived in DFW for about 20 years now, and although I miss the deep south, Texas does have a good thing going on. But, as others have mentioned, the libs have their crosshairs on this state, and honestly believe they can turn it blue. And as screwed up as Wendy Davis is, you will be shocked how close the governors election will be between her and our gun loving AG Greg Abbot. People will vote strickly on gender and/or party lines, even though Greg Abbot is about as good of a human being as they come.

I spent a good part of my misspent youth dodging Fairfax County Law Enforcement.

I hate to see the state in it's current form.

Immigration really increased, after I left in 1991.

I had a high school friend, who's dad was Muslim, and he hated all his son's American friends.

Texas sounds nice. I'll fight for freedom in my state, until it becomes hopeless.

i think it's too late for this state......