This is one of the most intense videos I've seen involving LE in hot pursuit.

Particularly when they roll up on the female officer sitting motionless in her cruiser.

Then when pursuing the killer, the one cop is driving while firing his AR through the windshield.

Hardcore retribution & revenge is for damned sure, this POS is ended.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=69b_1391652971

On the morning of Oct. 26, Christopher Chase, 35, dressed in body armor and camouflage and wielding an assault rifle, told witnesses in Southeast Albuquerque to call police and that he was waiting for them. He then fired upon an officer and managed to steal the officer's police cruiser, beginning a 16-mile police pursuit that eventually ended when Chase crumpled in the cruiser against a gas pump at Fourth and Montano NW — all amid gunfire from multiple officers.

Chase had shot three Albuquerque police officers, who received minor injuries, and one Bernalillo County sheriff's deputy, Robin Hopkins, who is undergoing a lengthy recovery for a shattered femur.

The autopsy, released Tuesday by the Office of the Medical Investigator, gives some insight about Chase's final moments. APD officials have not confirmed that they shot Chase, though they did confirm that they shot at him and that he had gunshot wounds when officers pulled him out of the wrecked APD vehicle.

The several hours of video from officers' lapel cameras show a chaotic scene, with at least three dozen shots fired at Fourth and Montano at the end of the chase. Officers can be heard shouting expletives and instructions to each other as they try and comprehend the fast-moving situation. One video shows APD officer Daniel Morales as he gets shot in the leg, and another shows officers discussing how Chase had "half his head blown off" after the dust had settled.

A gruesome shot shows a bloody Chase slumped over the steering wheel, blood splattered over the interior of the car.

Officers can be seen running from vandalism and breaking-and-entering calls all over the city in response to a "shots fired" call blasted over their radios. Adding to the complication was an incorrect address that dispatchers could be heard repeating several times throughout the chase.

Interim Police Chief Allen Banks said a witness told 911 dispatchers that Chase was waiting to ambush officers at Broadway and Cesar Chavez. In fact, Chase was waiting at Broadway and Iron, catching the first responding officer off guard.

Until Tuesday, APD had released little information officially since a short press briefing the day after the shootings. The department had deemed all Journal public records requests about the shooting as "under review."

The autopsy report showed Chase had three gunshot wounds on his neck near his sternum and another from a bullet that entered near the back of his head. Also, a bullet entered Chase's upper back, and he had two more gunshot wounds to his left arm. Chase also had a gunshot wound on his scalp, a "gaping" laceration that measured 6 inches long and 4 inches at its widest point, according to the autopsy.

Chase, who had "Cop killer" tattooed across his knuckles, had no drugs in his system, the OMI found. The investigator tested for marijuana, methamphetamines, cocaine and opiates.

Investigators also did not appear to find anything else irregular about Chase physically. All indicators, from the surface of his diaphragm to cardiovascular system, appeared normal, according to the report.

Investigators commented several times throughout the 27-page report that Chase's brain was "extensively lacerated" from at least two of the shots, preventing them from tracing the trajectories of individual bullets.

In addition to the gunshot wounds, Chase also sustained blunt-force injuries to his head and upper left arm, the report found. APD spokeswoman Tasia Martinez said Tuesday the shooting is still under investigation, and the department is waiting on the results of ballistics tests to determine how many officers fired and who they were.

"We do not know how many officers fired their weapons yet," Martinez said in a text message.

Martinez did say that six officers were placed on leave after the shooting, a standard practice for officer-involved shootings. The department did not respond to questions about the officers' names or how long they were on leave.

Martinez said the autopsy will be included in the completed case report. She couldn't say when the department's investigation might be completed.

Albuquerque Journal
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=69b_1391652971#XhM6ESG2djXVzuyR.99

E now this is going to sound like leo bashing and it is not, some extenuating circumstances here, but firing carbine while operating motor vehicle is very dangerous. Where did all those projectiles land? Was he certified to do that? Or was it reckless abandon? 

Glad no one was killed in the line of duty and hope the families and injured recover. I'm appalled that this wasn't newsworthy, not really but I should be :rolleyes:

Now, now beefcakebo,

we all know that we mere 'civilians' would be held accountable for every bullet down the barrel, and would more than likely be charged with reckless endangerment & negligence. 

The officer will be found to have acted within reason and justifiably.

And in this instance, I would think that stopping such a murderous rampage would warrant the risks.

And you know damned well that is not something they train/certify for, that was fear & anger at work there.

Like I said, retribution & revenge.

E now this is going to sound like leo bashing and it is not, some extenuating circumstances here, but firing carbine while operating motor vehicle is very dangerous. Where did all those projectiles land? Was he certified to do that? Or was it reckless abandon? 

Glad no one was killed in the line of duty and hope the families and injured recover. I'm appalled that this wasn't newsworthy, not really but I should be rolleyes.gif

Looking at the trees moving past, his car was barely rolling. I'm sure he could aim well enough aside from adrenaline and panic. However, I am sure a lot of those cops' shots did go stray. Everything like this I've seen the cops spray and pray and often aren't holding the gun anywhere near their lines of sight. I'm sure they've been trained better than that. That makes me whether we all would suck, or whether the cops just aren't trained enough or both.

Glad no one was killed in the line of duty and hope the families and injured recover. I'm appalled that this wasn't newsworthy, not really but I should be :rolleyes:

Looking at the trees moving past, his car was barely rolling. I'm sure he could aim well enough aside from adrenaline and panic. However, I am sure a lot of those cops' shots did go stray. Everything like this I've seen the cops spray and pray and often aren't holding the gun anywhere near their lines of sight. I'm sure they've been trained better than that. That makes me whether we all would suck, or whether the cops just aren't trained enough or both.

I am grabbing my AR and my keys. I'll report back in a few minutes. :)

• Like 3

No it's pretty difficult!

All kidding aside, this scumbag got what he deserved. I am glad tax dollars weren't tied up with a public defender and a lengthy appeal process, but I have to say the cop firing out of the windshield while driving though a populated area was out of control and should be fired and charged. If someone had shot one of our loved ones, and we pursued and did the same thing, we would definitely be charged with murder, and reckless endangerment. It kinda illustrates the stupidity of the argument that LE can have "assault weapons" and the public can not because LE has had extensive training with them. If nothing else, I guess texting while driving doesn't look so bad after this video.

All kidding aside, this scumbag got what he deserved. I am glad tax dollars weren't tied up with a public defender and a lengthy appeal process, but I have to say the cop firing out of the windshield while driving though a populated area was out of control and should be fired and charged. If someone had shot one of our loved ones, and we pursued and did the same thing, we would definitely be charged with murder, and reckless endangerment. It kinda illustrates the stupidity of the argument that LE can have "assault weapons" and the public can not because LE has had extensive training with them. If nothing else, I guess texting while driving doesn't look so bad after this video.

There is just "no winning" with you guys. Nothing better than a Monday morning QB who was not there.

How many of you wouldn't use unconventional methods, to stop someone like this? I wouldn't rule it out.

Do you also think that the police should disengage from high-speed chases, because they might get into an accident and hurt somebody?

Shooting blindly at a pickup truck is a different matter.

I'm glad they bagged him.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

How many of you wouldn't use unconventional methods, to stop someone like this? I wouldn't rule it out.

Do you also think that the police should disengage from high-speed chases, because they might get into an accident and hurt somebody?

Shooting blindly at a pickup truck is a different matter.

I'm glad they bagged him.

I'm glad he is dead as well and my heart sunk to see the shot female unresponsive. But I'm pretty sure high speed pursuit are trained, and even though there is training for such (which I highly doubt there is shooting training like he did) they in fact do pull off for public safety. And I'm glad. No need to drive through a previous child when a radio is so much faster. :rolleyes:

There is just "no winning" with you guys. Nothing better than a Monday morning QB who was not there.

He wasn't even looking down the fucking sights. Call it what you want, but I'm calling it ambulance chasing cover your ass thin blue line

I think the police should have chased him down with a mounted .50 cal BMG and let a couple of those fly into the stolen car.  Less chance of strays and superior stopping power.  Plus it would have been cool to watch.  021.gif   

So LEO,s have extensive training! What's the point? Like they should not have training and still carry revolvers and shotguns.

The type of violence in our world dictates LEO's having the best training an weapons. A cop killer is a different animal, real spooky!

A little self control goes a long way. Im curious as to how much of this was vengeance on the LEO behalf, and whether or not they will be held liable for all the bullets fired as we would be. Some of the actions are questionable. Considering that we dont have the full story its hard to make a conclusion. It does remind me of this though for some reason, but with a different outcome.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25/nypd-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire/

Sounds to me that the bad guy had a hard on for cops, and wasnt on a random killing spree against the public. Glad they got him though. Also glad nobody innocent was killed in the process.

And for police chases, my local PD is able to use their own discretion on whether or not to continue the pursuit.

No Monday morning quarterbacking here. I do not know how I would have handled it differently, just pointing out the double standards, and I stand by my opinion that shooting an AR one handed through a windshield, that is spiderweb cracked, while driving, without a sight picture, is not the most intelligent well thought out strategy. There is no way that officer could guarantee the final disposition of the rounds he was delivering. Had a stray bullet hit a bystander, this would be no different than the Cop who shot the woman in the pickup in the Dorner case. In both situations, fear and anger drove the poor decision making of the officer, instead of training. My 2 cents., and for the record, the majority of LEOs in this country are great people, and do a very stressful thankless job wonderfully.

• Like 1

I'm not far south of the city.  Have friends that live at both ends of the pursuit.  Saw various footage on the local news earlier this week.  One channel showed a Mini Draco as his weapon.

It can still be the Wild West out here.  Defiantly the notoriety NM doesn't need.

• Like 1

Well this place hasn't changed much. Thought I'd stop in and read a little. 

Same BS, same arguments.

Same Haters.

But what really bothers me is that Beefcake is still here, yet alone still a MOD.

Whats funny is this place resembles the US today. We have two totally different ways on viewing things. Libs and Conservatives. 

Not hard to spot the Libs here.

Tyboy

I would point out that our troops in war zones are not allowed to return fire when they're getting hit by snipers, machine guns, mortars, rocket propelled grenades, or anything else if they even suspect there are civilians in the area. They are expected to run, hide, or even die if necessary to avoid a single civilian casualty.

But here in America the cops are allowed to spray bullets from a moving vehicle when they absolutely know there are civilians around.

Just a point worth mentioning.

• Like 5

Just for what its worth 556 nato shot through a windshield  at point blank just makes a little hole , pistol a bit more

It also generally deflects and goes off in a direction other than where it was intended. Glass does weird shit to bullets. Especially angled glass like a windshield.

• Like 2

Just for what its worth 556 nato shot through a windshield  at point blank just makes a little hole , pistol a bit more

It also generally deflects and goes off in a direction other than where it was intended. Glass does weird shit to bullets. Especially angled glass like a windshield.

Not only that, but the core usually goes one direction, and the jacket or chunks of jacket go other directions.

• Like 2

Not only that, but the core usually goes one direction, and the jacket or chunks of jacket go other directions.

That was the reason some  of us bought that rear penetration ammo that was around for a short while couple of years back. Less deflection from auto glass for that round. 

Although it was designed to shoot into a car not out of one so there is that.

Wont judge the LEOs action's, hell they could care less anyway.

Still the question remains what was behind this.

There will be some sort of action regarding that glass shooting. Someone will get a paid leave and require psycho-analysis for PTSD. In the end a lot of tax dollars will go to treatment for the officers mental breakdown and he will be back at work. I understand the difficulty to the job. I have friends in the LE community. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks the actions taken in that video were in the best interest of overall public safety. As has already been stated, that was anger and revenge (obviously well deserved) on a sick individual. If I was that officer I would likely do the same or similar, but I would also expect some sort of penalty for the actions. So many things the officer did are seriously dangerous for citizens walking the streets in the area of the chase. I'm glad the ass is off the streets and not taking hundreds of thousands of dollars of tax payer money over the next 30 years, but if a family member or friend had been struck by a stray bullet there would be courts involved and some serious penalties

Well this place hasn't changed much. Thought I'd stop in and read a little. 

Same BS, same arguments.

Same Haters.

But what really bothers me is that Beefcake is still here, yet alone still a MOD.

Whats funny is this place resembles the US today. We have two totally different ways on viewing things. Libs and Conservatives. 

Not hard to spot the Libs here.

Tyboy

:wet_eyes: missed you too :rolleyes:

On second thought I can see and understand why the officer acted as he did, but that s still doesn't excuse it. And me a liberal :haha2: that's funny.

I believe all guns should be shot equally and all of them should have the proper amount of ammunition coverage. These poor guns are going without the proper ammunition! We must step in to help! Does this make me a liberal?

I would point out that our troops in war zones are not allowed to return fire when they're getting hit by snipers, machine guns, mortars, rocket propelled grenades, or anything else if they even suspect there are civilians in the area. They are expected to run, hide, or even die if necessary to avoid a single civilian casualty.

But here in America the cops are allowed to spray bullets from a moving vehicle when they absolutely know there are civilians around.

Just a point worth mentioning.

Technically, they aren't allowed. It just happens, and maybe doesn't get punished.