Ammoman has some 2010 Wolf White Box 7.62x39 Military Grade on sale for $225 delivered.  Not a bad price. 

Interesting fact...been watching the availability count for awhile since placing my order.  It goes down to the low 30's then back up to the high 40's.  This cycle happened at least five times now.

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1

Pretty nice price shipped. Im full of GT though.

SGAmmo does the same thing. They drop a few hundred into the system, then when it sells out they re-update. Dunno if its just how their cart system works or what.

"GT" = Green Tip?

SGAmmo does the same thing. They drop a few hundred into the system, then when it sells out they re-update. Dunno if its just how their cart system works or what.

"GT" = Green Tip?

Golden Tiger.  Have a few K of it stashed myself.  Best round I ever pushed through my AK's.

That makes more sense. I didn't catch on immediately as a non 7.62 x39 owner. (and a person who would probably just buy a pile of S&B 7.62x39 and then make my own projectiles from then on.)

• Like 1

Ammoman has some 2010 Wolf White Box 7.62x39 Military Grade on sale for $225 delivered.  Not a bad price. 

Interesting fact...been watching the availability count for awhile since placing my order.  It goes down to the low 30's then back up to the high 40's.  This cycle happened at least five times now.

They are local to me and do all big gun shows. Maybe thats why the availability goes up and down. There was a big one this weekend at the Philly expo center

It could be inventory control - making sure they don't get too many orders too fast and get behind in shipping. It could also be to create the illusion of short supply - "we only have a few dozen cases left, get 'em while they're hot!"

• Like 1

It could be inventory control - making sure they don't get too many orders too fast and get behind in shipping. It could also be to create the illusion of short supply - "we only have a few dozen cases left, get 'em while they're hot!"

The lowering numbers worked at getting my $$$.  Still a good price.  Every time I go out and burn up a couple hundred rounds I feel the need to buy more (even with a few K stashed away).  Always watching sales.  Can never have enough.

I'd imagine its how many they have in the order packing area.. Their warehouse probably has much more, but they only pull one pallet at a time.

I do something similar, I only allow items currently assembled to sell.. It prevents order delays.

• Like 1

I'll pay a few dollars more for GT.  Sealed boattail bullet.  Sealed primer.  Large air pocket.  Highest velocity of any commercial ammo.

Edited by Darth Saigus

It's done to keep the resellers at bay.  I talked to the local Selway Armory guys, and they've been doing it on their website for quite some time now.  You post up you have 50 cases in stock, and someone's going to pull their AmEx Black card.

Interesting.  Makes sense too.  UPS just dropped off the case here.  Looks good...can't wait to give it a try.  It's always a good day when ammo shows up.