Trigger not reseting?

Everything seems to be there.  I could try to put the original trigger spring on and see if that helps.  I believe that I bought an aftermarket spring for the trigger and maybe it is not strong enough to bring the trigger forward far enough to reset it.  Hell if I know! 

Not sure how to post pics here but I'll put a link up in a bit.

Thanks again.

Try this. Pull the trigger, keep it pulled and push the hammer down with your thumb all the way and see if the disconnector is grabbing the hammer or not. I always use the factory hammer spring, but the disconnector has a small spring as well. It goes inbetween the trigger and the disconnector.

Not saying this is it, but its time to rule out all possibilities.

This is the spring Im talking about.

post-32793-0-14324600-1392162931.jpg

looks like pic 3 is the factory hammer spring, if you replaced it with another after market spring could be your problem. most folks use the factory hammer spring in the conversion....i think i would put that back in if it were mine. no need to chg that out...i never have.

Edited by adjc

Picture #2, hammer spring leg needs "bent" outwards.  Looks like the hook isn't resting on the rear of the trigger.

At least from the side picture, but work the trigger assembly a time or two by hand to see if it is.

• Like 1

First of all, thank you for all the replies...very much appreciated!

Captain-Yes, it does grab the hammer when I do this:  Pull the trigger, keep it pulled and push the hammer down with your thumb all the way and see if the disconnector is grabbing the hammer or not. I always use the factory hammer spring, but the disconnector has a small spring as well. It goes inbetween the trigger and the disconnector.

I used the original disconnector spring and it is there. 

vw-very little movement when I pull the trigger.  I'm not sure about bending the spring.  I didn't bend the trigger spring but I did bend the bolt catch spring to keep it on and to help installing the it.  

scoutjoe-it is resting on the rear of the trigger.

Jet-not sure what BHO means?  The trigger spring doesn't fall of the trigger but it slides a little when I pull the trigger and push the hammer back with my thumb.  

I replaced the pic #3 (original equipment) with a spring from Carolina Shooters Supply.  It has a lighter pull and I used the same spring in my S-12 without having any issues.  I will change it out to the one you see in pic 3 to see if the solves the issue.  

I'll follow up with what happens when I can get around to changing it out. 

Thanks again! 

First of all, thank you for all the replies...very much appreciated!

Captain-Yes, it does grab the hammer when I do this:  Pull the trigger, keep it pulled and push the hammer down with your thumb all the way and see if the disconnector is grabbing the hammer or not. I always use the factory hammer spring, but the disconnector has a small spring as well. It goes inbetween the trigger and the disconnector.

I used the original disconnector spring and it is there. 

vw-very little movement when I pull the trigger.  I'm not sure about bending the spring.  I didn't bend the trigger spring but I did bend the bolt catch spring to keep it on and to help installing the it.  

scoutjoe-it is resting on the rear of the trigger.

Jet-not sure what BHO means?  The trigger spring doesn't fall of the trigger but it slides a little when I pull the trigger and push the hammer back with my thumb.  

I replaced the pic #3 (original equipment) with a spring from Carolina Shooters Supply.  It has a lighter pull and I used the same spring in my S-12 without having any issues.  I will change it out to the one you see in pic 3 to see if the solves the issue.  

I'll follow up with what happens when I can get around to changing it out. 

Thanks again! 

Fast forward to the 6 minute mark.

I was going to suggest taking the dust cover off and cycling it by hand and watch the spring and FCG when pulling the trigger. See if the spring arms move around or come off during this. I saw a video on fixing this problem once. The one spring arm would come off but would go back into place when pushing the trigger forward to reset it. Couldn't see it happening until the cover was removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been perplexed by how people can manage to make an email account, sign up to a forum, but cannot do research on a subject information of which is literally everywhere. The same people who don't know what they're doing here are the same guys that will adamantly argue with me at the guns shops and spread misinformation to other hobbyists. eyes_droped.gif

To answer the question the hammer spring ends are falling off of the rear of the trigger. Take some needle nose pliers and bend the ends of the spring appropriately so they don't fall off. The pressure the spring applies forced the trigger forward to reset..

Edited by S12KS-K