What type of bit do I need to drill into the Saiga trigger pin shoulde

amazing.gifhorror.gifWhy oh why would you not look through one tutorial? It certainly can be fixed but it looks like the pin holes are egged out so it will cost you unless you can

Another option would be to destroy the receiver and find another and rebuild as a parts kit.

Well there are plenty of them around from a different thread 018.giflaugh.png

Most of those are the s12 not 308, pretty different on how the carrier fit

Yeah...I was just tryn to lighten the mood alittle.

I think his receiver is going to be just fine, put a new set of pins it, with a new trigger set and give it a whirl.

The one hole looked untouched, the other looks chamfered from the bit on the top side of the hole, doesn't look like it changed the shape of the hole, I think its fine, just undue. Get the proper retaining plate and new pins, might have to figure out the safety, I want his old trigger for a project!

On a lighter note, it's just "stuff" and "stuff" is repairable or replaceable.

Shit happens.

I like the idea of using oversized custom made axis pins. It's the cheapest alternative and least time consuming fix.

If the OP lived nearby (Seattle area), I'd be happy to tackle it.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

I was kind of thinking this was a joke by the name of the thread but I guess it could happen. I figured he was wanting to see everybody jump in and yell at him for mentioning drilling out the FCG axis pins on a 308.

Edited by S5snake

This is far from the worst damage done to a brand new gun that has been posted here.

There have been pics where the guy kept drilling holes in the wrong spot.

And rather than throw in the towel, he kept going, and going.....

Kind of like a receiver turned into a cheese grater.

This one will be easily fixable I think if he takes it to somebody.

None of us really took note of the 2 sentences of the OP.  Looks like everyone assumed he was talking about rivets.  He was very clear in what he was attempting to do!!  Oh Well, Shit Happens!!!

Jack

Yep, I wasn't analyzing what he was doing, just that he said his drill bits couldn't do the job. 

Just recently a guy flew off the handle because I suggested putting some heat in his gun storage container since he had wet rusty guns.

I guess he was mad at me for assuming he didn't know that.....  yet the fact remained he had wet rusty guns. Silly me.

So far be it from me to ask the next guy, "Are you sure you know what you're doing?"    :)

• Like 1