First scope

Picked up a Vortex Crossfire II 2x7 on sale with additional discount for the KV-04S mount I bought from Captain Hero.  Bobbed back of the mount some to move it forward.  Eye relief seems fine and the set up isn't too high that I have to dramatically raise my head.

I wanted to be able to see 100ish yards/meters clearly and this will do the job.  Playing around with it outside I can identify across the fields and roads next to me.

Looking forward to dialing it in soon.

plumWscope2_zpsdc73b433.jpg

plumWscope_zpsd799f921.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the complements.  I've been doing low cheek/high chin weld trying to find a sweet spot.  Will see how it works once I start firing it. 

My arms aren't long.  It's a Warsaw length stock.  The pad makes LOP about 13.25.

3stocks.jpg

I've never put optics on any of my AK pattern riffles. The yugo m77/m90 deserves to have one but I haven't been in the right place at the right time to find a correct zrak for it yet. I do like the look of that. With my eyes going the way they are I might just look into it. Curious to see how you like it.

Is that really your first scope? Got bags and a steady bench to rest up on and get er zeroed in?

• Like 1

Is that really your first scope? Got bags and a steady bench to rest up on and get er zeroed in?

Yup my first one.  Red dot on the other 5.45 and my Mini Draco.  Eyes aren't what they used to be.  It's hard to make out what is going on past 25 yards with good clarity.  The 2x7 will do the job I'm needing.

Have to make a bench.  Been using the handrail of a foldout stepping stool to site in the other rifles at 25 yards.

plumWscope3_zpse333b5d1.jpg

plumWscope4_zps6e76434b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice. Rifle looks great. Glad to see the mount go to good use. Def. let us know how it shoots. I dont think Ive seen much results with a scoped 5.45. Most optics I see are RDS/Reflex sights.

When I ran that mount on my SGL31 it was more of a mid chin weld than anything. It wasnt that bad for me, and wasnt a problem with a little use.

• Like 1

Bobbed the rail once again.  Cut a total of 11/16" off the rear bringing the scope forward 3/4" giving me an eye relief of 3.25" to 3.5".  I really like where it is at now.  No distortion and my head is on the stock like normal, with just a bit higher cheek weld.

plumWscope5_zpsd6e19390.jpg

Next step is build a bench to dial her in.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Got an update on how she shoots?

Sadly no.  Been super busy working on a grant and a few other things.  By looking at the dates in this post I just realized it's been over a month since I shot anything.  Very disappointing.  Going to have to sneak out after work or something soon.  The weather is getting nicer everyday (except for spring winds).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a TRS-25 red dot on mine, sadly for me it does not matter what moa dot I use it all looks like a giant star burst a direct result of a bad Astigmatism.  Getting older is not helping either.  I will soon be switching to a 2-7 or 1x9 in the very near future.