Remington Arms To Open a Plant in Huntsville Alabama

More jobs going to a right to work for less state.....

Please. Organized labor needs to understand we don't want them in the south, just ask the employees at the VW plant in TN. And no manufacturer wants to deal with union shit unless they absolutely have to, so why wouldn't people build manufacturing here?

• Like 7

Please. Organized labor needs to understand we don't want them in the south, just ask the employees at the VW plant in TN. And no manufacturer wants to deal with union shit unless they absolutely have to, so why wouldn't people build manufacturing here?

Good for Bama, and I just love that avatar of yours biggrin.png

There are organized trade unions out there that have their purpose and still have a lot of respect for, but I am sorry $40/ buck an hour to put five nuts on a bolt and move the part down the line is the reason jobs have moved out of this country. Say what you want about "right to work"(for less) states, but there is a reason the Southeast is rapidly becoming the automotive capital and manufacturing hub of the US. People are well paid, standard of living is good, and people advance or are fired based on the merit of their work not their standing in the union. Rant off.

• Like 5

Holy shit. You fucks are missing one important thing here.... Remington is not moving shop because of "expensive union labor" which they apparently made decent profits off of and were able to compete in the market place for years using. They are moving because of a much more heinous reason....

• Like 3

What is implicit in the phrase 'right to work for less?' Well, the opposite of that phrase is 'the absence of a right to work for less' , the absence of a choice. Given the option, I will take the existence of a right over the absence of a right every time. I prefer freedom. The word 'less' introduces the concept of some arbitrary number, at which point one worker would be working for 'less' and another would be working for a proper wage. Who among us should we appoint to set that number? I will take my odds as an individual earning what my productiveness merits, without the influence of government force. Who benefits in a system like that? And who is injured? The least productive is benefited, at the cost of the most productive. What you get is an average, trending down, while through extortion and threat the pay keeps rising. At the cost of who? The unions and the politicians are fused at the hip, and what they specialize in is coercion and manipulation in the marketplace. You want to see jobs ship over seas? Have the president use his pen to nationalize forced unionization in every state.
  • Like 7

Holy shit. You fucks are missing one important thing here.... Remington is not moving shop because of "expensive union labor" which they apparently made decent profits off of and were able to compete in the market place for years using. They are moving because of a much more heinous reason....

Point well taken.

Mullet in this case you are correct....I apologize for getting off the topic of the OP. The union thing really hits a nerve with me.... I manage PCS construction for a living and there is nothing more I hate than sending a crew to a site in union territory and having to hire a fews guys to sit around all day and polish their hard hats. Sorry there I go off topic again...LOL

Funny how not just arms companies, but pretty much all large industrial corporations are moving out of blue states, and into red ones.  Speaks volumes about the future of this country and the obstructive and self destructive policies of liberals.  

Yep. Infestation of the northern carpetbaggers once again. The license plates from the north are all over the freeways in Texas. Please just stop honking your car horn when folks don't move in an instant. I have a better idea, turn around and go home and take your politics with you.

• Like 2

Good for Remington! If the state is hostile to their business, let them get along without the tax revenue from the business...

MOVE. When it costs jobs and the tax base shrinks, then maybe the people will elect someone who represents THEM instead of the hard Left.

What is implicit in the phrase 'right to work for less?' Well, the opposite of that phrase is 'the absence of a right to work for less' , the absence of a choice. Given the option, I will take the existence of a right over the absence of a right every time. I prefer freedom. The word 'less' introduces the concept of some arbitrary number, at which point one worker would be working for 'less' and another would be working for a proper wage. Who among us should we appoint to set that number? I will take my odds as an individual earning what my productiveness merits, without the influence of government force. Who benefits in a system like that? And who is injured? The least productive is benefited, at the cost of the most productive. What you get is an average, trending down, while through extortion and threat the pay keeps rising. At the cost of who? The unions and the politicians are fused at the hip, and what they specialize in is coercion and manipulation in the marketplace. You want to see jobs ship over seas? Have the president use his pen to nationalize forced unionization in every state.

And what you get in the end is Detroit.  You cannot artificially sustain inflated labor rates that exceed actual market forces without consequences.  I have experienced the accelerated life cycle of several manufacturing plants because of labor rates that were extracted through strike avoidance by both parties.  What do you think happened to the Big Three in the North?

Good for Remington! If the state is hostile to their business, let them get along without the tax revenue from the business...

MOVE. When it costs jobs and the tax base shrinks, then maybe the people will elect someone who represents THEM instead of the hard Left.

^^^^^^You would hope so, you would even think so....but NOPE, they become large bastions of communist takers, or the liberal voting base if you prefer, addicted to welfare, food stamps, and section 8 housing. I have first hand experience with such a place, I thank God everyday that I got out before I got sucked into it too deep....Youngstown Ohio, and the death of our steel industry.

And what you get in the end is Detroit.  You cannot artificially sustain inflated labor rates that exceed actual market forces without consequences.  I have experienced the accelerated life cycle of several manufacturing plants because of labor rates that were extracted through strike avoidance by both parties.  What do you think happened to the Big Three in the North?

The same thing they did to our steel industry.  My God, think of the loss of GDP that has caused, let alone the domino effect on associated industry, jobs, devastation of entire cities, towns, and communities. You hit the nail on the head, they sucked us dry.

I found this link while looking at something else, it sums things up pretty good I think, have a look http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/16/escape-from-new-york-for-remington-arms.aspx

This one really made me feel warm and fuzzy;

Andrew Cuomo has made increasingly incendiary remarks about gun owners. In his state of the state address last year, Cuomo called some of them "extremists" who could see their legally owned firearms confiscated, while earlier this month he again equated so-called "assault weapon" gun owners with extremism and said they had "no place in the state of New York."

Aint that special!

Curious how Remington was able to profit for so long, with such a hostile union work force?

Easy they were not making a profit before their sale in 07....Usually profitable companies are not sold to private equity firms who specialize in buying distressed securities and assets, as Cerberus Capital Management does....Remington didn't report a profit from 2003 thru 2005 and when they were bought in 2007 by Cerberus they were $252 million in debt. If wasn't for brand recognition they would have been out of business years ago. Another good thing about this move is that's less due money that will get donated to Hillary's or any other liberal hacks campaign fund.

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 2

They spend millions getting these Democrats elected then complain about the results.
Yep...going to be a liberal finger pointing shit show....between the unions and liberal legislation we will see this repeated time and time again. Of coarse conservative big business will be their scapegoat. What cracks me up the most is the whole start-NY campaign.. Conservatives and real economist have argued for years that cutting taxes is the best way to stimulate growth...Now it's Cuomo "groundbreaking initiative".....POP Edited by sccritterkiller

They spend millions getting these Democrats elected then complain about the results.

Whats worse, these idiots hop in their cars and move to Texas.

The bad thing is that they are moving. They need to stay where they are at and not pollute the rest of the country. Fucking cunts.

• Like 1

The real reason Remington moved out was New York's hostile governor Andrew Cuomo (whose name rhymes with homo) who said gun owners and conservatives are not welcome in 'his' state.  If Remington's workers were unionized then they cut their own throats by voting for anti gun DemocRAT assholes who want to ban the product they manufacture.

Forced union membership is legalized extortion for union bosses and DemocRATs who are the same assholes.  Anyone remember how Eastern Airlines was destroyed by their unions? The number of companies forced to shutter their doors because of unions who wanted too much when the companies were hurting is immense.  I remember the Teamsters strike against Detroit Newspapers in 1995 where their goons lined up on one side and police were on the other.  It was scary to drive thru that war zone and the people who worked had to be bused in under heavy police protection.  They brought thugs from other cities who destroyed company equipment and trucks during the Labor Day weekend.

One union is putting up signs in Ohio claiming that the Workplace Freedom act is like communism.  How outrageous, that a communist union is saying that.  I'll have to get a picture of the billboard to post to show how dishonest these MFs really are.  They are running scared now that Indiana and even Michigan which was a heavy union state passed a right to work law. I hope that Ohio becomes a right to work state but with Governor John 'spineless' Kasich, I won't hold my breath for it to happen.

• Like 2

Yep!

When I worked for Conrail, the IBEW spiked my car tires, harassed and threatened me with physical violence for bucking the union. 

Oh, yeah, and the union shot through my parent's house when I was a teenager. There was an illegal strike on at the company Dad worked for. No one was hit.

We called the cops and I answered the door with Grandpap's 12ga double when they got there. The cop just asked if it was loaded, and that was all. I told him it was and it was to protect us in case they came back. The cops were really nice, filled out there report and left.

Union thugs are real tough in a mob, but one on one...not so much. The one that spiked my car tires got a new job....making sure nothing happened to me or mine. I told him something I won't repeat on here. It involved gasoline late at night. It seemed to get the point across.

Edited by patriot

Ahh yes. So by some of the rationale in here lumping all issues into one basket, we really should allow the ban of firearms because of the actions of a few crazies.

Think about it, in its simplest form, the idea is the exact same. 

The hypocrisy is astounding.