So I have the TAPCO Saiga Handguard on my conversion and I'd like to run a bipod.  It has a large round "sling nut" (as called by TAPCO) and I can't seem to get a bipod to mount correctly - I'm guessing cause the sling nut is too large for the bipod to grip properly.  Anyone running this handguard and been able to mount a bipod?  If so, what bipod are you running?  Or, did you mod the handguard somehow?  Thx guys.

post-23028-0-35044900-1393006394.jpg

Edited by Otis Shepard

The only piece of tapco furniture that I would ever use is their 'stock' buttstock for shotgun conversions only...

The forend he has is pretty decent actually. Their folders are crummy, and I don't care for the saw grip I have, but I don't expect it to break any time either. The vast majority of Saiga owners have tapco triggers and the complaints are pretty few considering the number of users who have self modified and self installed as a first attempt. Their standard AK buttstock is ugly but solid. The T-6 is rattly and has a lot of flex to it.

Not sure why he wants a bi-pod on a shotgun, but I guess if slug shooting is all he wants to do, most anything would do for the range a shotgun is capable of. May as well buy one of those $25 rail mount UTG bi pods for the occasional slug shooting and quick detach it for using the shot gun like  a shotgun. I'm sure one of those would do fine.