Feedback on my CNC Warrior parts

Just a bit of feedback for those shopping for the very hard to fit VEPR rifles. Both of the folding stocks I bought are incorrectly milled. Where the stocks hinge is too thick. Because of that neither stock matches up well to either of my VEPR's. There is an 1/8" gap between the receiver and the slant cut on the stocks. That also leaves a gap at the bottom where the pistol grip attaches. Once attached there's daylight between the pistol grip and receiver do to the poor fit of the stocks. I don't know if they've ever tried their parts out on an actual VEPR, or if someone simply took or sent measurements, but the fit leaves much to be desired. These are very pricey stocks as well. Also their muzzle break detents are not wide enough to let the VEPR pin set. It does catch, but does not fully seat into place. Previously I purchased a slant cut adaptor from Carolina Shooters which was also a poor fit. I don't know who makes it for them, but I'm assuming measurements are just be tossed around.

Just a bit of feedback for those shopping for the very hard to fit VEPR rifles. Both of the folding stocks I bought are incorrectly milled. Where the stocks hinge is too thick. Because of that neither stock matches up well to either of my VEPR's. There is an 1/8" gap between the receiver and the slant cut on the stocks. That also leaves a gap at the bottom where the pistol grip attaches. Once attached there's daylight between the pistol grip and receiver do to the poor fit of the stocks. I don't know if they've ever tried their parts out on an actual VEPR, or if someone simply took or sent measurements, but the fit leaves much to be desired. These are very pricey stocks as well. Also their muzzle break detents are not wide enough to let the VEPR pin set. It does catch, but does not fully seat into place. Previously I purchased a slant cut adaptor from Carolina Shooters which was also a poor fit. I don't know who makes it for them, but I'm assuming measurements are just be tossed around.

If you are thinking of trying to get an exchange or refund, don't, you'll get ripped off.  Both CNC Warrior and Bonesteel Arms are not replying to any inquiries.

My wife and I got ripped off on a $350 order from Bonesteel arms.

http://vepr.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1938

Both of our stocks had the same huge gap, one had hinge slop, the other had a misaligned pin which blocked the lower mounting hole for the recoil pad.

Both stocks were sent back, and we never heard back.

It looks like either a bad batch or manufacturing was farmed out, and the problems piled on to the point of them not replying to clients.

Good luck.

If you are thinking of trying to get an exchange or refund, don't, you'll get ripped off.  Both CNC Warrior and Bonesteel Arms are not replying to any inquiries.

My wife and I got ripped off on a $350 order from Bonesteel arms.

http://vepr.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1938

Both of our stocks had the same huge gap, one had hinge slop, the other had a misaligned pin which blocked the lower mounting hole for the recoil pad.

Both stocks were sent back, and we never heard back.

It looks like either a bad batch or manufacturing was farmed out, and the problems piled on to the point of them not replying to clients.

Good luck.

Holy crap! That looks like ass!

Yup it happens.

There might be some varying in the cutting of the slant back of the VEPR receivers.  It may very well be a variance of a few degrees.  It's not something you can eyeball from the factory either.  They cut the wood stocks to fit THAT rifle, they have no idea we are going to mod these later like we do.

You want higher QC so all the bone steel and all the carolina mods fit snug and with no gap?  Get ready to pay for it, cuz sadly, that's business.  It may not be right, but that's what will happen.

It's nothing a series of spot welds from a TIG welder, some grinding and filing it flush and a coat of cerakote can't fix if you're that worried about it.

Look at mine, it has gap, can't see it too well from my picture but it has gap.  But the important part for me is that the stock is 110% functional.  Zero wobble.  That's what counts in my book.

Yup it happens.

There might be some varying in the cutting of the slant back of the VEPR receivers.  It may very well be a variance of a few degrees.  It's not something you can eyeball from the factory either.  They cut the wood stocks to fit THAT rifle, they have no idea we are going to mod these later like we do.

You want higher QC so all the bone steel and all the carolina mods fit snug and with no gap?  Get ready to pay for it, cuz sadly, that's business.  It may not be right, but that's what will happen.

It's nothing a series of spot welds from a TIG welder, some grinding and filing it flush and a coat of cerakote can't fix if you're that worried about it.

Look at mine, it has gap, can't see it too well from my picture but it has gap.  But the important part for me is that the stock is 110% functional.  Zero wobble.  That's what counts in my book.

It's considerably more than a cosmetic issue, It doesent even properly support the grip. Im questioning the QC on that stock first, and absolutely the lack of customer support.

You know what, there may be some hope for this situation... it looks to me like something is forcing the stock to pivot/cant upward out of proper linear alignment thereby causing much of your gap. I suggest that you loosen all the mounting hardware and determine the contact points causing this interfereance. Then carefully file/dremel/shim as necessary for your best tight/flush fit.

You need to get the bottom of the receiver mount to pivot forward to close that gap. Your pictures only tell part of the story.

Is your grip nut binding against the adapter block and thus need some adjustment relief cut?

Are your tang screws pulling the rear of the stock upward and thus need to be shimmed downward?

Is the bottom indentation on the mount block too far forward thus contacting the receiver which in turn pivots the whole assembly?

Better close up pictures should tell the story.

Edited by Thor's Hammer