• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.knifecountryusa.com/store/product/154654.154683/china-made-4184-misc-military-surplus-ak-three-pocket-mag-pouch.html   free shipping and coupon code "freedom" gets you another 10% off

One word silly......   Accessorize!

NEED??? On a gun forum?  We don't NEED 90% of the shit we have in our safe's, but we keep buying.   My ten came just as described.  They have a surplus smell to em, but nothing a couple days hanging

Posted Images

If I hadnt just bought 12 east german pouches I would be all over these, but I got a deal on the east germans for the same as these. wonder how the quality compares between the two.

Now here is a bit of a stupid question but are these safe for machine wash, I feel better that the pouches have no leather but would machine washing hurt or degrade the material, they just have some minor stains I want to get out.

I bought these along with the whole load bearing set up from back in the day for the east germans, not the newest technology but it was cheaper than anything else, you can get a whole set for about 50 bucks on ebay right now.

Edited by dashowdy

If I hadnt just bought 12 east german pouches I would be all over these, but I got a deal on the east germans for the same as these. wonder how the quality compares between the two.

Now here is a bit of a stupid question but are these safe for machine wash, I feel better that the pouches have no leather but would machine washing hurt or degrade the material, they just have some minor stains I want to get out.

I bought these along with the whole load bearing set up from back in the day for the east germans, not the newest technology but it was cheaper than anything else, you can get a whole set for about 50 bucks on ebay right now.

The ones in the link have leather. I know the E German stuff typically doesn't.

I don't see any reason why the E. German pouches couldn't be done on a gentle machine wash. The only thing I'd worry about is some of the hand stitching can be loose on a lot of the older east European surplus stuff. I would try it out on a single pouch, thrown in with a load of socks.

I wouldn't want to machine wash pouches with leather straps.

I ordered 5 of the pouches in the link. I just wasn't feeling it at first, but for $7, who the hell cares? Hopefully you guys didn't clean them out before I ordered.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

thanks for the tip mancat, I am going to try a couple with all my mismatched socks and see how that goes for getting it clean. Thankfully the east german stuff does not have a bit of leather on it. Hopefully they are no tears or anything either like the add stated, just dirty in used condition and light rust on the strap buckles which I am going to take care of with CLR and then treat with ballistol. Thats one thing that works great on leather is ballistol that shit can take 100 year old leather and make it just as supple and rich as if it was new.

The chinese ones are a steal, if I had the need I would but I dont.