• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.knifecountryusa.com/store/product/154654.154683/china-made-4184-misc-military-surplus-ak-three-pocket-mag-pouch.html   free shipping and coupon code "freedom" gets you another 10% off

One word silly......   Accessorize!

NEED??? On a gun forum?  We don't NEED 90% of the shit we have in our safe's, but we keep buying.   My ten came just as described.  They have a surplus smell to em, but nothing a couple days hanging

Posted Images

Was thinking about getting in on these and when I checked the site after getting my check they were upped in price. Spartacus, if they don't do you right I will buy the moldy junk off ya for $3 plus ship beer.gif

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel right about selling them.

If I end up stuck with them, I'll send them to you for free.

I had a hard time getting the stink off my hands just from briefly

handling them to get a picture.

They will mess you up if you are sensitive to mold/mildew like I am.

You have a gas mask?

Edited by Spartacus

Got my 6 in the mail two days ago.  They have a definite odor.  Smells like oil, metal and maybe fuel or chemicals?  I can't tell for sure.  My son said no thanks.  I'm going to try washing them and then treat the leather tabs.  Right now they are airing out.  

Got my 5 today. Here they are. Damp, musty and smelly but otherwise in decent shape. I will air them out and then frebreze them.

20140303_165018_zps3668e922.jpg

Looks good.  Frebreze and sunshine are making mine slowly dry and less smelly.

Got my 5 today. Here they are. Damp, musty and smelly but otherwise in decent shape. I will air them out and then frebreze them.

20140303_165018_zps3668e922.jpg

Yours look like they are all speckled with mold/mildew too.

So you guys are ok with receiving these things in this condition?

(I guess we all have different expectations on what is acceptable.)

No response from the vendor on my multiple emails yet.

So far I'm not motivated to ever want to do business with them again.

This is what I received.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to adapt these tiny belt-loops to fit my web-belt.

After seeing the various posts and pics, I'm thinking I should go by a lottery ticket.

post-38865-0-56901200-1393911787_thumb.jpg

post-38865-0-17789700-1393911803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Thanks for another example of what we should all be receiving.

I would be absolutely fine with those, they look great. Even if they

smelled a little musty, that's fine... they are canvas, it happens.

What I don't think is acceptable is the wet and moldy crap they

shipped me and a few other guys.

got my 5 yesterday, 4 were in very good condition 1 was wet and all had the mold smell. took all five threw em in the washer an let them air dry. came out pretty decent...sprayed down with febreze.

• Like 1

The seller finally responded that these are sold as is (told me to pound sand).

They must not know that you can't sell wet/moldy products and just claim they are sold "as is".

The "as is" is not some magic spell that lets them do any damn thing they please.

I replied that this is unacceptable and Paypal and BBB complaints have been filed.

It would have been a much better idea for them not to be shipping this crap to people.

Dude, the product description says exactly that ("condition/type varies, as-is"), has since I first clicked the link over a week ago, and the pouches are barely over a buck. I would almost think that some of you haven't ever bought old foreign milsurp stuff before.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

Dude, the product description says exactly that ("condition/type varies, as-is"), has since I first clicked the link over a week ago, and the pouches are barely over a buck. I would almost think that some of you haven't ever bought old foreign milsurp stuff before.

I agree with you and half of mine showed up moldy.

I figure for a little over a buck a piece I can spray some lysol and frebreze on the and the will be just fine. Do I wish I would have got some of the nice ones....Sure! But these will do fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over 6 bucks. I've heard some people spend more than that on a cup of coffee.

Dude.... "as-is" is not a shield for a seller to hide behind.

They couldn't ship these to people if they were covered with dog shit and claim "sorry.... as-is" either.

Had the disclaimer said "may be wet and covered with mold/mildew, as-is" then I would not have purchased these.

It doesn't matter if it's a buck or a thousand bucks, It's called "theft by deception" (regardless of the as-is disclaimer).

• Like 1

Dude.... "as-is" is not a shield for a seller to hide behind.

They couldn't ship these to people if they were covered with dog shit and claim "sorry.... as-is" either.

Had the disclaimer said "may be wet and covered with mold/mildew, as-is" then I would not have purchased these.

It doesn't matter if it's a buck or a thousand bucks, It's called "theft by deception" (regardless of the as-is disclaimer).

What did you really expect for $1.26 delivered?  That should have been a clue for you, the seller didn't just say as is, it also states condition may vary.  Next time you see that you should consider what it means.  Sell your pouches to VR6 for $3 and I will send you $3 and for the love of God, please stop bitching about $6!

If people like you get all bent out of shape and harass vendors like these, they may stop dealing in surplus and then those of us who understand how surplus works will be shit out of luck.

>>please stop bitching about $6!

It's got nothing to do with the $6.

Not bitching, just responding to the flames (such as yours).

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it.

I also understand the whole as-is concept.

The seller still needs to ship an item that's acceptable.

Variance in style, color, wear, etc. that's all well within the "as-is" disclaimer.

The seller doesn't get to ship trash that is soaking wet and covered with mold and hide behind the as-is disclaimer.

Hey... wanna buy some toilet paper or condoms from me cheap?

You have to take them as-is and be happy with them though, no bitching.   what.gif

• Like 3

Mold/mildew is a health hazard.  Bet the USPS would like a tip on the hazardous materials being shipped as well.  011.gif

I actually thought about that, but I have no interest in seeing some .gov agency destroy them over something small like this. I really don't think anything would come of a complaint like that anyway. These days you never know though, but that's not something I'd do to them.

I just want them to be honest on this deal, that's all.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

Things are getting a little heated.

I understand both viewpoints. I've bought plenty of milsurp - I've had good experiences and bad. I've gotten stuff that smelled a little musty or mildewy before - but never have I been sent something that was wet and reeked of mildew. However you look at it, that "as-is" declaration would not, to most reasonable people, protect a shipment so far gone as to be unsalvageable. Tears, holes, missing rivets - sure, that shit happens sometimes. I once ordered a few packs of AKM bayonets from Centerfire Systems, and several of the sheaths were so badly rusted that I could not initially get the blades out. Another time, they sent me twice as many Romy 2-cell mag pouches as I'd ordered - and told me to keep them when I called to let them know. Their shippers probably saw the "2" in the description and thought that meant two pouches per item. Let this be a lesson to others - foreign milsurp is a fickle mistress. I would still order these at that original price, and take my chances.

• Like 1

This is what I received.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to adapt these tiny belt-loops to fit my web-belt.

After seeing the various posts and pics, I'm thinking I should go by a lottery ticket.

Sim,

Those are in great shape.  Good for you.

Why are you guys fighting over this crap?  Torn, parts missing, ugly colors, rust, ok...  Wet and moldy, not ok.  Spartacus got totally fucked, so let the dude vent and leave him alone.  I'd be venting too.  Instead of shutting up and letting dude vent, some see the need to educate him on this???  I don't get it.

Spartacus, I can part with 4 great shape but a bit milsurp smelly ones.  PM me your address if you're interested.  NO CHARGE!

• Like 2

I love milsurp like I like my C&R guns., shitty and in need of cleanup. Like I said Spartacus, since they haven't held the good customer service end of the deal I'll take em off your hands. Sucks they don't want anything to do with it, and like you, I would be a little pissed about them. I have received molded milsurp and just washed it but shipping wet and moldy is a little far of a stretch. Most companies would take the high road and just send out a few to keep ya quiet

• Like 2