How long after check cashed did you receive your approval

Was it a personal Form 1, trust or e-file?  E-files are supposedly turning around in 3 or 4 months.  I only have experience with personal Form 4s.  I submitted two on 2/3/2013, checks cashed on 2/6/2013.  Stamps approved 11/21/2013 and received by my Class III on 12/12/2013.  I just submitted two more personal Form 4s on 01/31/2014, checks cashed on 02/11/2014 and the current turn-around is 10 to 15 months.  I would try to not get to excited if it was a personal submittal, Christmas is a long way away.

About how long does it typically take after the check is cashed until you receive approval?

a loooooooooong time.  you're not going to see your approved form for at least 10 months. best thing to do is just put it out of your mind. you start counting the weeks,  months, it's going to seem a lot, lot longer.

And I bitched about 3-4 months on my cans. Holy Shit Cakes Batman, 10-15 months, but mine where a few years ago. Was going to short barrel a pistol and do some other stuff, but hell I might be to damn old to shoot them if I do it now. smile.png

Tell me about it! I had my Gemtech Oasis Ruger .22 upper out this weekend.  My Form 4 for that can was submitted on 10/03/2008 and stamp approved on 11/21/2008!!!

Well I hate to say it but the Eforms is the shit! I sent 9 eforms between September and October and they are all approved and back in record time. 4months from the time they were done online till they hit my mailbox. It has never been that quick and I have been doing the NFA game for 4-5 years.

• Like 1

What the hell is an E form??? Don't mean to sound stupid but no one here has mentioned it.

An "E-Form" is when you digitally send in your Trust, Corporation or whatever along with your Form 1 or 4. You pay the tax with a credit card. From what I understand the wait time decreases from 12 months+ to 90 - 120 days. I will be doing a few of htese and see how it works for me.

Edited by 1911

What the hell is an E form??? Don't mean to sound stupid but no one here has mentioned it.

An "E-Form" is when you digitally send in your Trust, Corporation or whatever along with your Form 1 or 4. You pay the tax with a credit card. From what I understand the wait time decreases from 12 months+ to 90 - 120 days. I will be doing a few of htese and see how it works for me.

Exactly, and best yet you can track the form online, the form goes pending as soon as the credit card payment is received. What was real cool is they email you when the status has changed, I had 9 emails hit my phone over the course of two hours telling me the status had changed to approved. Whats weird is it seems to take a full month to get the tax stamp in the mail once it has been approved, in the old days it took about a week maybe ten days.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly, and best yet you can track the form online, the form goes pending as soon as the credit card payment is received. What was real cool is they email you when the status has changed, I had 9 emails hit my phone over the course of two hours telling me the status had changed to approved. Whats weird is it seems to take a full month to get the tax stamp in the mail once it has been approved, in the old days it took about a week maybe ten days.

How do you track them?  The dealer I'm buying through e filed in January.  I saw the ATF hit my credit card, but haven't heard anything.  Am I supposed to get an email at some point during the process or not until it's approved.  Thanks.

I heard the E filing folks with the Trust's were having problems, as the basic Trust is 12 pages and the upload file size limit was less than the 12 pages. I don't know file size jargon.

The middle of April will be 8 months since I sent two form 1's in on a Trust. Seems the waits are going to get longer and longer.

My trust was 14 pages, uploaded with no issues.  I have noticed the sever moves a lot quicker very early in the a.m.  Probably due to less traffic.  Getting logged in can be the hardest part.

Talked to my examiner the other day and he said they reboot the system 4 times a day, if you log on right after the reboot you will have no problems, as time goes by it gets worse and worse the more people that long on. And it's not just our end that it affects, my examiner said that many times a day he can't do a thing due to such high demand on system. I bought a couple of suppressors the other day and it took the guys several days before they could log on and eform them. Now imagine how Obama care is going to fuck up your lives, it is obvious that they can't get this little system to work and it is 10,000 times smaller!

• 2 weeks later...

10 months on paper forms and 4 months on e-forms. 

It took almost exactly a month from the time I mailed my form 1 until ATF cashed my check. About how long does it typically take after the check is cashed until you receive approval?