Liberty Ammunition, anybody tried it

I bought some of the Liberty Ammo in 9mm, 40 and 45acp a little while back. They state the 9 and 40 are running 2000 FPS, and the 45 is 1900 FPS. It's all copper bullets, just nickel plated. I went shooting with my son in law on Saturday and gave him a box of 40 to try, he loaded 6 rounds, bottom 3 was standard HP rounds that he carries, top 3 was the new stuff. He said that the new stuff had about 1/2 the recoil as the standard stuff. I ran some 9mm thru my chromo today, using my 92FS, and they are clocking just a hair over 2000 FPS, and the recoil was fine.

Just wondering if anyone else have tried them and results.

2000fps and 1900fps? Those numbers are faster then .357mag/sig, 10mm, .41mag, .44mag.

Edit, n/m I see they are just extremely light weight. 50gr 9mm and 78gr 45acp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hZMZM1l04

More gimmick ammo...answer in search of a problem.

Edited by Mullet Man

I fell for it.  But the consensus seems to be that the light weight bullet does not offer the penetration that the typical hollow point of whatever caliber offers.  The videos are impressive and I've decided to keep the light weight round in my home gun for now.  But for my carry gun, I'm using Hornady Civil Defense.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally shot the .45 cap round out of my Kimber the other night at the neighbors dog taking a shit in my yard and messing with my dog. They are LOUD as Hell, but won't cycle the Kimber, shell came out of the chamber, but didn't make it out of the slide. So I took all the rounds out, reloaded with 185 Hornady XTP and it's good to go. I may try them in my Taurus 24/7, but not in the Kimber again.

Which one? There's about 8-10 that roam loose, crap anywhere and everywhere, tear up stuff, bark all night, and eat my dogs food. Mine wears a shock collar and can't get more than 150 away from the transmitter or he gets ZAPPED, hell, he won't even crap in the yard, he's got his own personal place in the woods that he uses. The wife told me that one day last week, she pulled into the driveway, got out to get the mail, and the nieghbors dog runs up and starts barking and growling at her, IN OUR OWN YARD, when I asked her what she did, she said "nothing, just got backin the car, and he followed me up the drive". I told her to take out her Judge and blast a hole in his ass, then call me, I'll take care of the nieghbor if he opens his dick sucker. If they don't care about their animals, I sure as hell don't, they all know if I catch them up here on my property, they are considered a moving target. I keep my animals off of their property and don't allow them to roam, respect me and I'll repsect you, if not, keep bringing dogs home and I'll keep practicing critter control.

Another one bites the dust............... The wife heard "something" on the front porch and asked me if i heard it, why HELL NO, I'm almost deaf. Popped open the front door, the neighbors dog was eating the last of our dogs food out of his bowl, he hauled but off the porch, but stopped about 15 feet out in the yard to growl at me, he should've kept running. :) :) .45ACP = THUMP, YELP, FALL DOWN, WON'T EAT ANY MORE FREE FOOD AND GROWL AT ME.