anyone have any slug or buck loads for accurate nitro 100?

well powder has been an absolute bitch to find locally. i happened across an 8lb keg of accurate nitro 100. it was pretty much the only powder i could find. ive pulled the reloading data for it from their website, and found a low recoil 6 pellet load someone had copied from their older data.

just wondering if anyone has any experience with this powder. thanks.

Load LOW/LIGHT... and a 1 ounce shot load should be CLOSE to a one ounce slug load... NOTE... they are NOT THE SAME... but if you load light and work up, keeping your eye out for signs of pressure, you should be able to come up with a workable load.

The wad is going to be the issue... as that is whats going to give you a different pressure curve.

:smoke:

thanks indie. i came up with a decent load using their published 7/8 oz load data. its 9 #1 buck pellets which comes in weighing 364 grains a bit under 7/8th oz

heres a chart http://www.ballisticproducts.com/BPs-Ounce-to-Grain-Conversion-Chart/productinfo/OZCHART/.

7/8 WAA-12 Ched primer 18.5 grains  10,080 psi and 1325 fps. pretty sweet load. tried out a bunch on saturday. recoil was mild, tore up a bunch 2x8s.

i may have to find a different powder for slugs. the load worked but i got a rather large fire ball out of them using published data with a slug substitute.

Just be CAREFUL when swapping between shot and buckshot and slug loads... they are loaded differently for a reason. Pressure curves for them are different... its not just swap out/plug and play... Keep a CLOSE watch on pressure signs, and if you can chrony them, that would be good too... :up:

Everything ive read on swapping betweeen buck and shot says, that buck and slugs can be substituted with loads forr birdshot. But not vice versa. Basicly you get less pressure with buck or slugs of equal weight than bird because of the push back effect. Essentially birdshot almost acts as a fluid and pushes back more against the wad as it moves down the barrel, thus increasing pressure.

Edited by Vintovka Dragunova