Just bought my Saiga 308!

Well, technically traded my clunker for it. In the process of converting it.. stuck at the tac welds and the rivet by mag release.
Got the G2 FCG / Conversion kit from carolina shooter supply... Then I did research and found out Dinzag is the way to go cause I wont have to modify the hammer and such..
I was wondering, other than the dremelling a part of the hammer.. is there anything I got to watch out for? I converted a S12 and it seemed a lot easier than this.

So I've ran into a problem where the hole to the trigger gaurd isnt lining up to the one on the receiver.. kinda stuck on it. Do I just buy dinzag's TG?

Posting pictures so we can actually see what you're talking about is very helpful.

On mine, I had to drill a new hole by the magazine release to accommodate the hole spacing in my trigger guard. Assuming that's the same issue you're running into. If you do drill, just go slow, be as perfectly precise as possible, and once you're 99.99999% sure, put on some loctite and be done with it.

I had to drill 2 holes, which I did.. everything lines up perfectly now. Did a basic conversion kit on it, looks pretty sweet compared to how the previous owner set it up (Had the pistol grip and collapsible stock but wasn't converted so it had a long gap between TG and mag release. Not really a fan of drilling into.. receivers..
One more thing though, these things dings up brass, i think it's caused by whenever it ejects, it hits the dust cover.. any way to relieve this since I plan on reloading?  And yes, I know they're still useable.

Mine was dinging brass too when I first got it. I'm not into reloading so I didn't really care. I did change to the TWS Gen 2 Dust Cover Rail but haven't looked at my brass since then. Using some sort of molding over the edge of the dust cover where the brass contacts it sounds like the best way to go without making any modifications.

However, mine was also putting dents into the neck of the casings from the 3rd lug on the bolt (or so I've read). If this is your issue, I'm not sure there's much that can be done since you don't want to mess with that 3rd lug.

• 3 weeks later...

as far as trigger guard i just took my old trigger guard and bent it back to shape after remioving it from the old bottom plate and tig welded it back in the right place maybe it was a mistake but i foresee no reason to ever remove it

• 5 months later...

Got my long awated .308 today. Surprised to find it at my LGS. Same price as a year ago. Surprised, considering.

Will restore when I get more funds.

Have restored an S-12. Hopefully about the same.

Not sure about OP above, but the 308 is suppsed to be a completely different trigger group.

Harv