7.62 X 39 Saiga $475

I have been noticing that basic conversions are becoming widely available in numerous calibers on several sites...in many cases, less than we could buy the same parts and convert ourselves. It would seem that a lot of the Sporters coming into the States are being pre-converted once they get here, and are limiting the supply of Sporters, and keeping the price point higher for non converted guns. Although it is tempting to buy one of the converted guns, I just can't currently bring myself to do it. I want to know that I did the conversion, and it was done right. I don't see Sporting Saiga's ever getting back into the 299 range. I think 399 is reasonable by the summer's end barring anything stupid happening. I have cut myself off from buying anything new. I have been saving up for a rash of bargin shopping. If Saiga's come down another 100 bucks in either form, I will be buying several.

I get that Spacehog. I want to know how mine were put together and if they were done to my standards. Simple solution.  I would do this too.  Tear the rifle down as if you were going to convert yourself.  Then when you put it back together you can technically claim that you built it yourself.  But you would know how good it was......

I could see $400 unconverted this year. $500 ARs are finally driving down AK prices. Hard to sell $500 unconverted Saigas when you can get a Yugo M70 for $520. As soon as people become educated and the 'Saiga mystique' wears off, they should come down where they belong. Another big boat wouldnt hurt either.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

HEY FOLKS,

I AM A NEW MEMBER AND I HAVE ONE SAIGA 7.62X39 AND I AM LOOKING TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.

I HAVE SEEN COMMENTS ON YOUTUBE THAT SAIGAS THAT ARE IMPORTED HAVE TO HAVE SEVEN U.S.-MADE PARTS ADDED TO THEM IN ORDER TO BE LEGAL.  THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

CAN YOU CLARIFY THIS ISSUE FOR ME.

THANKS,

DR. JIM IN CARROLLTON, GEORGAI

You can not simply add parts to become 922r compliant. You need to remove a countable foreign part and replace it with a US made part. Read up on the 922r sticky and if you have an question let us know.

Try to avoid typing in all caps, it is typically frowned upon as it implies yelling.....and we don't like being yelled at.

Shit, I got one for 430 when Obama was reelected and everyone was freaking out.  Give it a year at most.

Times have changed and they will now be a bargin at $450. $450 seems to be everyones buying point.

Edited by farley
  • 2 weeks later...

Last one I bought a year or so ago was under $300. Front sight's canted, no reference to R.A.A. anywhere, match-striker patch where I'd expect to see R.A.A.; but I love it. Somehow it came with a chamber that doesn't mutilate the brass. Finally an x39 Saiga I can reload for.

Do the current 7.62x39 Saigas still mutilate the fired brass at the neck? I'd buy another if I could be sure they didn't.

I think November elections will play a huge role in Saiga prices. Hell, prices for everything. With a 2/3rds majority of the government being democrat, there is always speculation about the next gun bill. If 2/3rds were republican, then I think alot of that speculation would end.

Obama and the libs have been some of the best gun salesman of all time. While it is good for gun ownership to be ever expanding, when that many people jump in all at the same time over some BS scare tactic, then it hurts prices with supply and demand. When people are no longer worried that guns will be outlawed, the market will level back out and prices will slowly drop.

The AR market has already hit lows not seen in 6 years. The AK market is a little slow, but it will get there. I would expect to see Saigas in the $350 to $400 range within a year.

Of course, all this is contigent on us not having some nut with a converted Saiga go ape shit and kill a mass of people.

I'm all for a $400 -$450 Sportster delivered !  Fienstein is pushing a bill to ban importation of all military weapons, kits, and accessorizes AGAIN. But In a election year I expect it to die until after the elections. But she has power and a big following of well heeled backers, yah never know like the 7N6 ban overnight w/no warning.

Went to buy another rear converted Saiga in March from CFS but they sold out fast. Atlantic was sold out also but Classic had them so I paid the $600. price.

No kidding. I think Palmetto State Armory had complete upper kits for $400 earlier this week. Only missing lower, which can be had for $50-60. Unbelievable what has happened to the AR market. They just not selling apparently. Also 22LR's are sitting on the shelves because ammo is scarce for them. No one buying. S&W having a hard time selling their M&P 15-22 right now, as is Ruger with their 10-22. Good time to buy either.