BR99 Stock Adapter and Grip Adapter

Does anyone know of a solution to mount the a STOCK ADAPTER to fit a Mil-spec buffer tube?  According to Tooth and Nail, they "do not recommend cutting the stock on the BR-99, as it is made much different than the MKA, it's basically hollow where the stock adapter fits. We could cut it for you if you wish and install the adapter, as long as your aware up front."

"As for the grip, the BR-99 receiver is solid there, the grip adapter will not work without extensive milling to attach it."
Their "website lists which parts will fit the BR-99."

br99shot7.jpg

They are factory 5rd mag's.

I didn't alter the mag body, follower, base plate & if you cut the spring down enough to get 6rds in it's to short to push up the follower to work the LRBHO.

Anybody worked it out yet?

I didn't alter the mag body, follower, base plate & if you cut the spring down enough to get 6rds in it's to short to push up the follower to work the LRBHO.

Ghost loading? 030.gif

You designed really small cartridges :-)

• 4 months later...

While I understand that this is a very old topic, I was wondering if anyone had any actual experience trying to use a stock adaptor with a BR99? Could be the Tooth and Nail one, the Tromix one, or any other, really. If you have, could you summarize what was required to get it to work. Obviously the normal step of cutting off the stock, but then, did you need to use epoxy or something to build up the part of the stock that you want to mount to? Did you simply epoxy the whole thing together (leaving room for the mounting bolt) or what?

While I understand that this is a very old topic, I was wondering if anyone had any actual experience trying to use a stock adaptor with a BR99? Could be the Tooth and Nail one, the Tromix one, or any other, really. If you have, could you summarize what was required to get it to work. Obviously the normal step of cutting off the stock, but then, did you need to use epoxy or something to build up the part of the stock that you want to mount to? Did you simply epoxy the whole thing together (leaving room for the mounting bolt) or what?

Why do that

You can get an aluminum lower for the br99

While we don't recommend it.

We've quite a few guys do their own, they said it fit very well, haven't heard any later reports, good or bad. I also have no idea if they are shot regularly, or just safe queens.

MKA's on the other hand, well over 1000, maybe 2K. Many of those with 4K + rounds with no problems.

Why do that

You can get an aluminum lower for the br99

Simple: economics. $375 for a new lower (don't get me wrong; they look freaking awesome) or $60 for a Tromix stock adaptor.

Another consideration (depending on the reason for wanting an after market stock) is the style of stocks that it accepts. For example, a Tromix adaptor is almost certainly going to result in a shorter overall length while folded than either one of your replacement lowers or even a tooth and nails adaptor, when used with a folding stock.

So, now that motivations are out of the way. My question stands: anyone have any actual experience doing this? Or is it all just second hand and hearsay on this forum for this particular topic?

Hi merp, Yes I did mine 6 months ago.

Yes people are turning these guns into money pits!!!! Over here a,

Saiga 12  £999

Vepr   12  £1,575

MKA1919 £900--£1000 (about that non for sale)

BR99        £499  

They are turning a £499 shotgun into a £2,000+ shotgun???????

I was given one to evaluate,

runs better than the MKA out of the box

no parts have broke yet

I don't like the bolt rubbing the top of the receiver

Both are over gassed with high brass

Not sure you would understand if I just told you how I did it, your thoughts? (used T&N adapter)

Not sure you would understand if I just told you how I did it, your thoughts? (used T&N adapter)

Well, it wouldn't hurt to try. At very least it could act as a reference for ahas and gotchas that you came across while you were doing it. BTW Thanks for your response.

Thanks, merp

That shiny metal plate above looks familiar, looks like you can buy one of the shelf & save your time.

No need to cut off the grip. There is enough meat there to file the groves flat. If you look at the vid you can see I have done that & added a Hogue soft rubber grip (feels a lot better to handle)

The good people at TripleFFirearms.com have a stock adaptor for the BR99. 

/M

Also awesome. Looks just like the Tromix adaptors, which is really what I was after, so I could set it up with a folding stock that got it under 29" folded.

And, Grima, I just meant cutting off the stock; until you the only things I'd heard about it was that it was different than the MKA one and not recommended to try to attach a T&N adaptor to it. And the occasional "I've done it and no problems" but without any actual details. Also, filling the hollows with filler still seems like a good idea, even with the TripleFFirearms plate, since it looks like it only goes into the central hole, so, when I do this, I'll probably still reference your video to remind myself of the plan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DEAR GRIMA,  RE:  BR99 FORWARD SIDE CHARGING FOREND  -- DID YOU BUILD IT YOURSELF OR PURCHASE PARTS ??   I MADE MY OWN STOCK ADAPTER AND ADDED AN ACE FOLDING ASSEMBLY AND GL SHOCK STOCK.   I ALSO MOUNTED A FULL RAIL ON BOTTOM OF FOREND AND ATTACHED A NICE VERTICLE GRIP AND HI-POWER FLASHLIGHT.   THE 10 RND MAGS ($59.99) I PURCHASED FROM CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS WORK PERFECT WITH NO MODS NECCESSARY.   I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THE FORWARD SIDE CHARGER BUT AM A DIY PERSON AND I'M NOT SPENDING BIG BUCKS ON THIS MOD.   -- I WOULD BE GREATFUL FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU COULD PROVIDE.  --- THANKS,

DEAR GRIMA,  RE:  BR99 FORWARD SIDE CHARGING FOREND  -- DID YOU BUILD IT YOURSELF OR PURCHASE PARTS ??   I MADE MY OWN STOCK ADAPTER AND ADDED AN ACE FOLDING ASSEMBLY AND GL SHOCK STOCK.   I ALSO MOUNTED A FULL RAIL ON BOTTOM OF FOREND AND ATTACHED A NICE VERTICLE GRIP AND HI-POWER FLASHLIGHT.   THE 10 RND MAGS ($59.99) I PURCHASED FROM CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS WORK PERFECT WITH NO MODS NECCESSARY.   I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THE FORWARD SIDE CHARGER BUT AM A DIY PERSON AND I'M NOT SPENDING BIG BUCKS ON THIS MOD.   -- I WOULD BE GREATFUL FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU COULD PROVIDE.  --- THANKS,

I'm no cnc monkey, more a rusty hammer & blunt saw person.

I have no idea how other after market forends work, nor do I care. 

Mine is made from a piece of flat steel 2 x bolts with a little bit of my mojo.

Cut a slot & fitted it, that simple.

No fancy parts to fit or fail.

Steve......

Buy a replacement lower (when they come out

3gunusa  has them in stock

Does your replacement lower have the round indent below the buffer tube that would allow the use of a Magpul UBR stock? Also, do they have serial numbers?

rear_zps35721d4b.jpg

UBR_zps529e2855.jpg

Only uppers have serial numbers

lower are not a serialized item

yes the lower is exactly what is required to PROPERLY mount an AR stock

some adaptors are just a threaded tube and lack the feature you are asking about.

ours is just like an AR lower as far as the buffer tube and stock interface

Firebird makes side charging hand guards for the br99 as well as 922r parts

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Thanks, merp

That shiny metal plate above looks familiar, looks like you can buy one of the shelf & save your time.

No need to cut off the grip. There is enough meat there to file the groves flat. If you look at the vid you can see I have done that & added a Hogue soft rubber grip (feels a lot better to handle)

So, for Christmas, I got the TripleF adaptor, folder, crosshair reciever extension and a Mako stock; I put it all together, including filling as much of the hollow as I could, and it is fantastic. The recoil is around the same as a typical ar (so unbelievably light for a shotgun). Awesome. Thanks again for making the videos.