Saiga 223 extractor strips the rounds rim FTE

My saiga is having extracting issues it will fire a couple of rounds last time I went thru around 25 round before the extractor started stripping the rim of the cartridge stopping it from pulling the spent shell out completely then the shell gets stuck cause there's nowhere for the extractor to grab on too ive dealt with this issue on three separte occasions where im shooting dont have a rod and its out for the count, anybody ever experience this? Any advice or fixes?? Thanks for you're help in advanced the ammo I'm running is Tula I've never had any issues with my 7.62x39 saiga or Tula before and I've ran a whole box of 640 rounds thru that one

Clean the chamber area good. Then try different ammo. My AR does that on occasion with cheap steel cased. If it still does it, try swapping the extractor. Then its off to a smith to check the headspace.

Hey guess what? I've had the same issue running Tula. Some of the steel is excessively soft, QC sucks, and some of the rims may be out of spec - since I've found Tula cases with out of spec neck lengths, I would believe it.

Tula/Herter's .223 is by far the worst of the Russian steel-cased .223.

NEVER have had this problem with Wolf or Brown/Silver Bear steel-cased .223.

Edited by mancat