WASRs were plagued with the same problems SARs  were, canted front sight, gas block. honestly,  if I was going to buy one, I would want to see it with my own big brown eyes before I plunk down my money, sight unseen, you're "buying a pig in a poke"

is a used one worth 350-400? no, but that is what they going for and then some.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The finish varies from gun to gun. It may or may not come with canted sights. They make a good beater for sure, and should go bang every time. Its essentially a Romanian AKM. Def. try to see it prior to releasing payment. I dont really feel they are worth the prices they demand now days. There are better options out there IMO, for not much more money. Hell I recently seen a WASR 10 going for more than a factory Saiga 7.62. I laughed.

• Like 1

Buy it without a moment's hesitation.

If you don't like it, you can definitely get your money back out of it.

For under $400, you could probably even junk the receiver and find someone willing to pay that for the parts kit with intact chrome-lined barrel.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Like 1

Nicer AK's can be had.  I had one I sold to a police officer.  No cant or other issues.  A great beater and will fire every time.  That said, I would put my money into a Saiga for conversion or higher end AK unless your intent is to beat it and leave it in the trunk or truck.  My 2 cents.

I believe there is a difference between a WASR 10 and a 10/63.  I think the 63's are newer ones with the tapco triggers.  I bought one a couple years ago and it's been a great little rifle so far.  Not a single hiccup yet.

Oh, and be prepared to catch shit from the fanboys and gun snobs for having a "cheap" AK.  Just keep those ear plugs in when they talk.

I would snatch it up before someone else does.

Edited by Tundra1

Brand new 10/63s are selling at $599. If it is in good shape, double stack, and doesnt have bolt carrier hang-up id grab it. Problem these days is that when you see something going that cheap, with the prices guns are going for, is you have to beware of a fishy deal 

Edit: Strike that I now see on Centerfire that they are offering them at $499. So I'd probably get a brand new over the used potential mess for the extra $150

Edited by VR6Shooter

I believe there is a difference between a WASR 10 and a 10/63.  I think the 63's are newer ones with the tapco triggers.  I bought one a couple years ago and it's been a great little rifle so far.  Not a single hiccup yet.

Oh, and be prepared to catch shit from the fanboys and gun snobs for having a "cheap" AK.  Just keep those ear plugs in when they talk.

Since I dont feel like typing, here ya go.

http://wasr-10.com/GP-WASR-10-63 and this one too. http://wasr-10.com/Series

Its not the best site, but gives you a little more insight to the weapons. And Im a Saiga fanboy yes. Its hard to beat a factory Russian 100 series AK for less than the prices of these WASR's.

Since I dont feel like typing, here ya go.

http://wasr-10.com/GP-WASR-10-63 and this one too. http://wasr-10.com/Series

Its not the best site, but gives you a little more insight to the weapons. And Im a Saiga fanboy yes. Its hard to beat a factory Russian 100 series AK for less than the prices of these WASR's.

I was mainly referring to some of the AR crowd I've met at the range when referencing the fanboys and gun snobs.  The type that calls any rifle junk unless they spent 3k on it.  Would I take a converted Saiga over my WASR?  You bet!  I am however open to many different brands and styles of all guns high and low end.  Fanboy I am not!  Reminds me of a neighbor of mine who has the Chevy Bowtie tattooed on his shoulder.  

W hat

A

S hitty

R ifle

yeah... I've owned a WASR for years, a shitty rifle that has never failed to fire in thousands of rounds, and is just as accurate as my Russian AKs

what a piece of shit

• Like 8

I've looked it over. It has a chromed barrel and a side rail mount. Sights are straight the rivets are well done but its not a wasr10/63 just a wasr10. And it does not have the military proof mark and no threaded barrel. Its a little rough so I had to pass. Looking at a Bulgarian now. Thanks for all the info folks.

W hat

A

S hitty

R ifle

yeah... I've owned a WASR for years, a shitty rifle that has never failed to fire in thousands of rounds, and is just as accurate as my Russian AKs

what a piece of shit

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif