is a mosin nagant m91/30 worth 5 bricks of .22 ammo (got plenty can spare the bricks)? rifle seems to be in very good cond, rifling excellent stock not beat up. comes with bayonet sling oil bottles and carry pouch. don't know much on these but it has got my attention. what say you all?

I wouldn't do it.  Aim has 91/30s for $130.  I'd buy one from AIM and keep the 22 ammo.

+1

Classic has Molot 91/30's at $110 right now and whether you have a C&R or not, the .22 is still worth holding onto. From what I have seen in stores lately a brick is going between $30 and $45, different areas may vary

got him down to 3 bricks (win wildcats) and made the trade. i'm in excellent shape on .22....much of it was purchased for under $10 a brick back in the day.....didn't even put a dent in the pile. pretty cheap rifle considering my initial investment, just couldn't let it get by. appreciate the opinions.

Edited by adjc
  • Like 8

got him down to 3 bricks (win wildcats) and made the trade. i'm in excellent shape on .22....much of it was purchased for under $10 a brick back in the day.....didn't even put a dint in the pile. pretty cheap rifle considering my initial investment, just couldn't let it get by. appreciate the opinions.

In that case, awesome deal! Lol

• Like 1

Lol...reminding me of when I cleaned my 91/30. At 2:00 am I decided to get in the shower with the barrel to get the cosmoline off. The wife walked in and freaked out. I used industrial strentgh simple green and it worked perfectly. Be sure to disassemble the bolt with caution and that you reassemble within specs so your firing pin doesn't protude too much and pierces your primers.

Lol...reminding me of when I cleaned my 91/30. At 2:00 am I decided to get in the shower with the barrel to get the cosmoline off. The wife walked in and freaked out. I used industrial strentgh simple green and it worked perfectly. Be sure to disassemble the bolt with caution and that you reassemble within specs so your firing pin doesn't protude too much and pierces your primers.

thx for tip on simple green. thinking of considering a polymer stock for, basically gonna be a beater. like the ideal of reaching way out with this old fellow...didn't have anything in bolt action in centerfire....plenty of SA so i'm thinking this is going to be alot of fun! took it out just after dark and shot five rds thru and man this thing is LOUD plus impressive fireballs to add to smiles. amazing how something as old as these are that still have the pep in them as they do. overbuilt to say the least.

• Like 1

Goo Gone worked well for me, and according to IraqVeteran8888 on youtube, you can put the small parts in an oven at around 200 degrees and the cosmo will seep out of them.