S12 running... Somewhat

Haven't been on for awhile. I wanted to get any info or insight folks may have about the following concerns. I have 19" S12. I converted it using one of the CSS numbered kits. It has polymer forend and 6 position stock. The gas regulator is older style gun fixer -1/+1, 2, and 3. Puck is Tapco. Also has bolt with mirror finish polishing by Paulys. I modified gas ports by drilling to 3/32 and adding additional 1/16" port as one of the 3/32 ports was still partly blocked even after D modification to gas block. Prior to all things above the gun basically wouldn't run except for magnum buckshot and heavy slug loads. This gun has seen only about 50 rounds total thru it.

After a session today these were the observations: the ammo used was 3 1/4 dr equiv 1 1/8 oz #8 shot. Gun would fire but not eject on the 1 or 2 setting of gas plug. Gun worked fine on #3 setting using factory 5 round mag with 1-5 rounds loaded. I then loaded 5 rounds in mag and chambered another. Mag loaded easily on closed bolt. The gun failed ejection on first round in this configuration. Rest of mag dumped fine. I then loaded 15 rounds in MD Arms 20 round drum. First 4 rounds cycled fine, then an FTE. I cleared jam, then continued with gum jamming on every shot with FTE. I then went back to factory mag and dumped 5 rounds thru it perfectly a couple of times. After this gun FTE last round of 5 round dump. I then loaded 2 or 3 rounds one at a time with each one of those suffering FTE. Gassing seem ok? Other problems? Extraction or ejector issues? I've polished much of what I know and can see of potential contact/ drag points. What u guys think? Just want to get it to highest reliability possible. I thinks it's close. Thanks...

Just a suggestion. I would swap out the gas plugs. put the factory one back in. that way you might rule out any trouble with the after market one. check the ports again. If it were mine. I would run some slugs as well. has the hammer been re-profiled?

Because slugs usually run between 1400-1800 fps. They should definitely cycle.

Sometimes just running a few mags of some heavy stuff i.e.slugs or buck shot will smooth/polish off the rough areas of the action.

Because slugs usually run between 1400-1800 fps. They should definitely cycle.

Sometimes just running a few mags of some heavy stuff i.e.slugs or buck shot will smooth/polish off the rough areas of the action.

Or send the gun to JT engineering and have him fix it rather than have it beat itself into submission with heavy loads. Jack did a nice job on mine.

The few slugs and buck I ran through it cycled ok on 1 setting of gas plug. Low brass 8 shot would only cycle on 3 setting of plug. It seemed to be going ok then the events described above went on. It does not have low brass reliability kit, so springs are stock. Unless hammer comes profiled in the CSS build kits, this has not be done. Yeah Insp 12 I've already been seriously considering sending to JTE to be done with it.

Unless y''all have additional suggestions ? :)

Thanks