Century Arms Saiga Conversions, Any Good?

The only thing I think they can monkey up too badly is the bullet guide, which IIRC they weld in, so check that. I also wasn't a huge fan of their method of using rivets to filled the holes left over from the conversion, just for aesthetic reasons. Other than that, the one I handled seemed fine.

The only thing I think they can monkey up too badly is the bullet guide, which IIRC they weld in, so check that. I also wasn't a huge fan of their method of using rivets to filled the holes left over from the conversion, just for aesthetic reasons. Other than that, the one I handled seemed fine.

What price was it going for and how long ago?

What price was it going for and how long ago?

I'm thinking seriously about getting one of these. I think my only concern is the fact that they weld the bullet guide instead of the traditonal method.Welding produces alot of heat that could possibly weaken the receiver. Heck,I don't know. What do you think?

I've got a Century S12.  The stock was WAY undersized for a shotgun, and 50 rnds of 2 3/4" mag really busted by shoulder up.  The stock had 1/2 the surface area of a 10/22 stock.  The internals were Tapco single hook trigger, ect.  I do like their pistol grips.  Price was $876 at Fleet Farm Jan 3, 2013.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 recently accuired 4 Saiga rifles bought new and rear converted. No problem with any of them at all. My understanding is that RWC imports and converts them then CAI sells them thru it's dealers system. My 2 2009 models are very nice and the recently accuired 2013 products are amazing. The Velclor is gone and the rifles are works of art.