Hello, everyone 

As my first AK type rifle and first gun purchase I bought a GP WASR-10/63 made in 1971 The rifle works flawlessly I have ran over 3,000 rounds through it with no FTE or FTFs at all, that being said what dose your WASRs look like ? and how have you configured them?

I will post pics of mine soon Johnboy.gif

Thanks for reading!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love my WASR. Just like my AES-10B, all numbers match except for the dust cover - 1978 date on the original parts. Only thing wrong with it is a little bit of FSB cant, which I've been meaning to finally fix, so I can get some paint over the factory park job, which is starting to wear pretty thin in some spots.

I've a few thousand rounds through this gun, and I don't believe I've ever had a single FTF/FTE or any other malfunction. The action is well worn-in and very smooth. Nothing on the gun is too tight or too loose, and it comes apart easy for cleaning without any tools. If I had to grab a single rifle and run, it might very well be the WASR.

It's the first AK I bought in early 2010, when I knew nothing about them. It's worn a few different costumes since then.

When you get a good WASR, they're great.

gallery_36884_1349_129705.jpg

gallery_36884_1321_366689.jpg

3JVX9Ey.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

I love my WASR. Just like my AES-10B, all numbers match except for the dust cover - 1978 date on the original parts. Only thing wrong with it is a little bit of FSB cant, which I've been meaning to finally fix, so I can get some paint over the factory park job, which is starting to wear pretty thin in some spots.

I've a few thousand rounds through this gun, and I don't believe I've ever had a single FTF/FTE or any other malfunction. The action is well worn-in and very smooth. Nothing on the gun is too tight or too loose, and it comes apart easy for cleaning without any tools. If I had to grab a single rifle and run, it might very well be the WASR.

It's the first AK I bought in early 2010, when I knew nothing about them. It's worn a few different costumes since then.

When you get a good WASR, they're great.

gallery_36884_1349_129705.jpg

gallery_36884_1321_366689.jpg

3JVX9Ey.jpg

Where did you get the ak74 style mag? I WANT ONE!!!

They are Polish mags. They were available last year for around $7, so having enough steel mags already, I bought a bunch of them as range mags. It looks like they're not available any more, but I would bet they show up again for a similar price.

Some people like them, some people don't. They have no steel inserts, so as far as all-plastic mags go, I like them better than Tapco mags. They fit super tight in all of my 7.62x39 AKs, no wobble at all.

Edited by mancat
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...