Is a Saiga .308 California legal?

I doubt it. A semi auto AK action with a detachable magazine sounds ripe for banning in the PRK.

But, I defer to others with more knowledge on the situation.

As far as I understand it its not the gun technically thats illegal. they made the AK based action illegal so no matter what the gun its called if its based off a AK design its illegal. Unless it was purchased before the ban went in effect. I know that my buddy bought a saiga 7.62 in 1999 and also a ak look alike with pistol grip in dec 99.

I know some people are getting some california legal AR15 but they have a non removable mag.

Perosnally I would go down to Turners Outdoorsman and go get a SKS. very similar and pretty rugged weapon. Turners sells them for 179$. they were 159 a while back. so for abotu 200$ you can get a pseudo AK. Then again i went to the range not too long ago and I dont think anyone really gives a crap about the ban cause there were guys out there with AKs and ARs and they were banging away.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...